Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DeathSquad 'detected' me failed my Riven Challenge

Xekrin

I got the telltale flickering indicating a death squad was approaching while I was in the middle of attempting a stealth riven challenge.  I immediately ran away from enemies that were actually a part of the mission in an attempt to preserve my 'undetected' status.

It was all for naught as I immediately failed the challenge when they appeared. 

This really shouldn't happen.  I cannot control their arrival and they are already alerted to my presence since they were sent to kill me.  It would be nice if Death Squads were exempt from voiding such challenges.

3 minutes ago, Bl4zko said:

EDIT: Wait nvm, you're right. You're talking about the Stalker and other enemies that appear sometimes. My guess is that DE didn't think of it.

I didn't see what you said before you edited it but yeah I got hit by Cephalon Suda death squad, guess I should have mentioned that specifically.

My veteran player of this game and friend of mine. Knows your feeling too well... And consequently me too in voice chats. This told me that he is trying to complete a stealth mission. Suddenly I heard shout of two words used together makes a swear word then this said "... Stalker! Every time comes when I am trying to do a stealth riven mod. Go to area that doom guy has painted red and freeze there" heavy sigh "Much better... *I ask what just happened as this just aborted the mission* That cursed Stalker appeared when I was trying to complete a cursed Stealth riven mod challenge... Well thankfully he is never going to spawn twice in a row to you"

"How Stalker can stop you from...? Oh wait never mind. I just remembered that he has that ability removal thingy... I can see why you got upset" I said "I really dislike when that happens but... Just like a certain JIF you see everybody give to people who gets upset in forums about RNG. Stalker stepping backwards in dancing way and then raises hands up and above them reads RNG" I laugh a bit "Oh lord that's so true" I said.

7 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

My veteran player of this game and friend of mine. Knows your feeling too well... And consequently me too in voice chats. This told me that he is trying to complete a stealth mission. Suddenly I heard shout of two words used together makes a swear word then this said "... Stalker! Every time comes when I am trying to do a stealth riven mod. Go to area that doom guy has painted red and freeze there" heavy sigh "Much better... *I ask what just happened as this just aborted the mission* That cursed Stalker appeared when I was trying to complete a cursed Stealth riven mod challenge... Well thankfully he is never going to spawn twice in a row to you"

"How Stalker can stop you from...? Oh wait never mind. I just remembered that he has that ability removal thingy... I can see why you got upset" I said "I really dislike when that happens but... Just like a certain JIF you see everybody give to people who gets upset in forums about RNG. Stalker stepping backwards in dancing way and then raises hands up and above them reads RNG" I laugh a bit "Oh lord that's so true" I said.

7 hours ago, Zendadaist said:

it's annoying but it's just RNG.

Agreed, it was actually my 6th or 7th attempt at the challenge before they appeared.  I just want to make absolutely sure this is intended behavior, because it just seems to break the flow of the game in some ways.

In my opinion, you should have control over success or failure, if you get seen, your fault.  If a huge mess of enemies lands right on top of you randomly, not exactly your fault.

How I think it should work is they simply do not contribute to the challenge or the mission.  The death squad mobs shouldn't be linked to the mission itself nor to any challenge said mission is relying on.  So long as the natives of the tileset do not detect you, it should remain intact.

Just like a situation where headshots are required but some enemies are without 'heads', that is a technical foul on the game's behalf, not ours, so it got fixed.

However, its just a fanciful wish and not a dire plea for a change.