Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Galery?

BIindCorpse

Hey everyone,

i was thinking for a few days now what should i do with weapons i dont use but have a meaning to me?

Like my Twin Grakatas, they were my first secondarys so i dont wanna dump them but i also dont use them anymore.

I am wondering if DE could put something ingame where you can basically '3D-Print' your unused weapons at the foundry or somewhere else so you can use them as landing craft decoration.

Not like the images you get from the war within quest, more like an actual model of the weapon itself so you can put them anywhere you want inside your landing craft.

If anyone of you have some ideas how to improve that just post it below, im looking forward for some ideas!

Please be nice to me, its my first post here and i dont even know if i wrote it in the right category. :D

Anyway, have a great day for everyone who took the time to read this!

I think that is a great idea and it should be a feature. There are loads of weapons I don't use but at the same time don't want to part with them. (Anaversery weapons) something I have always wanted DE to do with weopons is to have them shorted I to type catagory. Something on the lines of semi auto, full auto, whips hammers if we do that it be a lot easier to short them. 

Thanks for your toughts, its not that it have to be an galery.

Its like, something where you can put unused weapons that you arent going to use anymore but well... you dont want them to be gone.

For example i was first thinking of an 'Storage Box' which would make the inventory weapon slots not that usefull anymore so i came up with the decoration idea where you can transfer weapons for (lets says 20.000 Credits and 12 Hrs) to an decoration object for your landing craft.

So you dont have them laying around and take inventory slots but you still have them around in your landing craft.

Like Enkiou said, anniversary weapons like the Dex Furis, i personally dont like them but well, they are something 'special' so i dont wanna dump them but i dont have something positive if i keep them and waste a slot.

In this case i would love to put them somewhere in my landing craft so i can see them but i dont need to worry about an wasted slot.

My english isnt that great so i hope you are able to understand what i want to say though because sometimes i dont understand myself. :D

It's a wonderful idea. I would like to have that for many weapons (though with Rivens some of them are seeing action once again).

Keep your valued weapons, and even frames (I still keep my regular Ash, even though I have two Ash Primes, because that Ash was the first frame I built, after picking excal as starting and making a beeline for Tyl Regor)

Just now, (PS4)varas2110 said:

How about we open up the other door and you put your weapons there like you said but it look like that one scene from MIB where the open an armory

You mean that we get finally an use for the one empty room in the landing craft?

Sounds great to me, but that would be kinda like the 'Storage Box'  where you put weapons in, emptying a slot again and basically can take that weapon back anytime except you are only able to put weapons there without return.

Which would be great because i like the inventory system without any extra storage like it is atm.

Hmm that is a dilemma 

2 minutes ago, Zynthus said:

You mean that we get finally an use for the one empty room in the landing craft?

Sounds great to me, but that would be kinda like the 'Storage Box'  where you put weapons in, emptying a slot again and basically can take that weapon back anytime except you are only able to put weapons there without return.

Which would be great because i like the inventory system without any extra storage like it is atm.

Maybe it'll be like gear BP displays so once placed you can only pull a BP and if it's a special weapon like I dunno a prime it'll give the pieces as well, but it will cost you differently depending on what you place and pull

3 hours ago, (PS4)varas2110 said:

Hmm that is a dilemma 

Maybe it'll be like gear BP displays so once placed you can only pull a BP and if it's a special weapon like I dunno a prime it'll give the pieces as well, but it will cost you differently depending on what you place and pull

I don't know, the idea is cool but without that it would be like 'do i really need that weapon? / how hard is it to get another one if i put it there?' and with this feature its like 'oh well, letzs make some space in my inventory because i can get that weapon back anytime' which isnt exactly what i meant.

The idea is great but well, the point of my gallery type is more if you have some weapons you dont need but you have some 'binding' to it so that you dont wanna delete it you can put it there so you have it still with you but you cant equip it which obviously you didnt want to do anyway because otherwise it wouldnt sit in your inventory unused.

But thats only MY opinion, im curious how other people are thinking about it. :)

So ... The way i understand it, you want a blueprint that require your old weapon and build it into a noggle of the same weapon in the foundry?

that may be cool in paper, but then your may-be-3-forma twin grakata would be consumed and you won't be able to use it again, but im pretty sure that's not what u mean so u should add up that to u idea.

Edited by FireSegment
wrong thread

18 hours ago, FireSegment said:

So ... The way i understand it, you want a blueprint that require your old weapon and build it into a noggle of the same weapon in the foundry?

that may be cool in paper, but then your may-be-3-forma twin grakata would be consumed and you won't be able to use it again, but im pretty sure that's not what u mean so u should add up that to u idea.

Well basically i if i would have formas on my grakata which i dont use anymore the formas are 'wasted' anyways so it doesnt matter if the formas block an inventory slot or if those formas are hanging around in the landing craft.

But thats exactly the point, because if you could return your weapon/formas everyone would just go there and put random stuff on his craft because heh could return it everytime... but if you make it a one-way-only thing, people have to think: do i really need that weapon? - do i use it often enough to consume an slot for that? - how much afford is it to get a new one if i actually want to use it again?

So they are not just emptying their slots because, well... you can get it back everytime you want.

I hope i could explain it good enough with my bad english. :D

On 6.4.2017 at 3:55 PM, Zynthus said:

Hey everyone,

i was thinking for a few days now what should i do with weapons i dont use but have a meaning to me?

Like my Twin Grakatas, they were my first secondarys so i dont wanna dump them but i also dont use them anymore.

I am wondering if DE could put something ingame where you can basically '3D-Print' your unused weapons at the foundry or somewhere else so you can use them as landing craft decoration.

Not like the images you get from the war within quest, more like an actual model of the weapon itself so you can put them anywhere you want inside your landing craft.

If anyone of you have some ideas how to improve that just post it below, im looking forward for some ideas!

Please be nice to me, its my first post here and i dont even know if i wrote it in the right category. :D

Anyway, have a great day for everyone who took the time to read this!

THAT is a good idea and one i always carried around myself, having seen it in other games already. i do see a "little" problem though... the sheer amount of weapons we have in this game (and it might only be half of what we would ever need to reach mr30) would need a real big space for displaying and in spec-terms, i would go hard on low-spec computer - it might even crash the game for those people.

a little down scaling could be a fixed amount of "weapon racks", where we could hang our favorite ones to gaze upon.

of course, i also would have my frames (and other stuff)on display too - but again, it would end in overkill for a lot of systems. a solution would also be to make toggleable, but i'm sure that people would complain about that too (people love complain over everything after all...)

5 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

THAT is a good idea and one i always carried around myself, having seen it in other games already. i do see a "little" problem though... the sheer amount of weapons we have in this game (and it might only be half of what we would ever need to reach mr30) would need a real big space for displaying and in spec-terms, i would go hard on low-spec computer - it might even crash the game for those people.

a little down scaling could be a fixed amount of "weapon racks", where we could hang our favorite ones to gaze upon.

of course, i also would have my frames (and other stuff)on display too - but again, it would end in overkill for a lot of systems. a solution would also be to make toggleable, but i'm sure that people would complain about that too (people love complain over everything after all...)

That is a seriously good point, but thats the thing where i thoughed about with the Room thing, you gat (idk, 5 weapon slots and 2 or 3 frame slots? and can purchase up to (15 weapon slots? and 10 frame slots?) with platin so you dont have 100 weapons hanging around and you have (once again) to think: am i really using this weapon?/how easy is it to get a new one?

The other part is, you can put tons of stuff already in your lnding craft, which would cause the same problems to those guys which have sadly a not that good computer.

I know the point you want to tell but like i said, you already can put a ton of stuff in your landing craft, if some ppl have problems with their pc they may put less stuff in their craft so they can put some weapons in it, OR we do that 'extra room' thing.

BTW let me thank all of you guys for putting your mind to this idea and helping to get it 'optimized'? Thank you so much!

32 minutes ago, Zynthus said:

That is a seriously good point, but thats the thing where i thoughed about with the Room thing, you gat (idk, 5 weapon slots and 2 or 3 frame slots? and can purchase up to (15 weapon slots? and 10 frame slots?) with platin so you dont have 100 weapons hanging around and you have (once again) to think: am i really using this weapon?/how easy is it to get a new one?

The other part is, you can put tons of stuff already in your lnding craft, which would cause the same problems to those guys which have sadly a not that good computer.

I know the point you want to tell but like i said, you already can put a ton of stuff in your landing craft, if some ppl have problems with their pc they may put less stuff in their craft so they can put some weapons in it, OR we do that 'extra room' thing.

BTW let me thank all of you guys for putting your mind to this idea and helping to get it 'optimized'? Thank you so much!

it is indeed possible already to stuff out ship and orbiter full with decorations (like if i would place all my 150++ sculptures around) and slowing or crashing our rig - and i'm willing to bet that some players already did so ^.^

so yes, giving us the option to put weapons (and maybe other stuff as well) on display even if only for platinum (like with other "art-slots") would be nice and optional too. i would probably end up with putting them all on the racks as i don't in for the other "art" we can decorate our ship and rather have an armory full of weapons as decoration.

on that thought, some kind of armory would also be nice to have in our dojo - for all the stuff we have researched there. and with the latest change in the hosting of the dojo it would also remove mentioned "stress" to low-end computer.

3 hours ago, Zynthus said:

But thats exactly the point, because if you could return your weapon/formas everyone would just go there and put random stuff on his craft because heh could return it everytime... but if you make it a one-way-only thing, people have to think: do i really need that weapon? - do i use it often enough to consume an slot for that? - how much afford is it to get a new one if i actually want to use it again?

When i read to the one-way-only, my first thought is that "what if DE come back and buff this weapon in the future?". and that thought alone would seriously stop alot of ppl from ... basically trade their formaed weapon for a silly cosmetic.

another loop hole in the system would be ... instead of noggle-lized their beloved weapon, they would just build a duplicate, then noggle-lized that dup. which make the whole system even still look cool, but pointless.

This is kinda interesting.

So ... i would like to propose a new idea:

- In the foundry, there would be an option choose a weapon for our Warframe to "disarm" (optionally, have some animation of the frame doing so to the weapon)

- After "disarm" the weapon can't be bring to mission, But now, our warframe can hold it in the liset, like in real mission. The weapon cant be fired in this state (optionally, it could shoot out some flower, or other special effect, Limbo would be really happy ^^)

- You can have multiple weapons being disarm on the liset, but only weapons that are formaed (or potatoed, im not sure) can be disarm

- "Disarm"-ed weapon can also be put it down to the liset floor like it was disarm by Drahk master in the real mission and can be pick up. At any time the warframe can only carry one disarm weap.

- There would be a platform-like cosmetic item that we could put disarmed weapon  down and it would hoover, rotating (or the shelves, basically)

- The weapon would keep the color from before they was being disarm and can't be change if they are not "reassemble"

- "Disarm"ed weapon can be "reassemble" in the foundry to turn it back to normal state, the process should take 30m-1h but can be rush with credit, like pet recovery. After reassemble, we can use the weapon as usual in misison 

That's my idea, it basically keep all the good thing from OP idea, It kinda close all the loop hole i can think of and add some fun stuff. Tell me what u guys think

5 hours ago, FireSegment said:

When i read to the one-way-only, my first thought is that "what if DE come back and buff this weapon in the future?". and that thought alone would seriously stop alot of ppl from ... basically trade their formaed weapon for a silly cosmetic.

Or just give players who put their weapons in this showcase thing the choice to re-activate them.

For example: Burston Prime gets a buff -> players that had put this weapon on the wall (or where ever) could walk to the foundry or the weapon itself and are able to re-activate it for one time so they can test it after it got reworked and see if they want to keep it or otherwise put it back to the showcase again.