Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma`s first ability

Black1996

best way to make it worthwhile would be to buff it's damage and give it a wide area to cover, rather than for being for single targets. most depictions of dragons have them able to incinerate groups of enemies instantly, Chroma should be no different. making it more energy efficient would help as well.

First of all Spectral Scream should have 100% status chance and bigger range. Even its default range is pitiful at best. At the moment it is neither a damage dealing ability, nor crowd control, which makes it useless even at low levels. Chroma could as well have 3 abilities and I wouldn't see the difference. Seriously, it is such a cool ability in concept, but the execution is so bad.

This is what I'd like to see, for Chroma:

Passive: Elemental Mastery - Elemental Status Effects on Chroma are reduced in duration (needs to be stack-able with Rapid Resilience), and have a chance to proc an Elemental boost. Ideas for the Elemental boosts:

• Heat, Regenerate 1 health for duration of Status Effect.
  • Electric, Shield Recharge rate is boosted for a short duration
  • Toxic, chance to absorb and/or disperse/dissipate Toxic Clouds.
  • Cold, chance to be unaffected by Status Effect and proc Freeze on melee attackers

The Passive could use some tweaking, I was just trying to find minor auxiliary effects that are different from Ember, Volt, Saryn and Frost but could sorta mimic and fit within what Elemental Ward does.

1. Spectral Scream - instead of being a channeled ability, it takes on the Afterburn capacity as a Burst ability. As the projectile travels can leave an AoE trail behind the burst that works like the basic channeled ability. Obviously the math on the ability will need to be tweaked, as well as the initial cost to use. Could also have Duration leave a lingering cloud, mimicking Naplam type visuals that would match the chosen Energy Color.
  2. Elemental Ward - Add the ability to change Element during a mission, using the tap/hold functionality. Maybe increase base Aura Range.
  3. Vex Armor - Since Warframes use Ferrite Armor type currently, Vex Armor adds a base 50% Puncture Resistance to offset Puncture's +50% boost against Ferrite, if Warframes continue to use Ferrite. Also, Instead of when the timer runs out, the whole amount of boost is lost, allow the percent values to decay at some rate until recast, and stop decaying once Vex Armor is reactivated.
  4. Effigy - Either reduce the energy drain on the ability or give Effigy a duration like Rumblers, and allow it to mimic the new Spectral Scream firing bursts as described above.
  • Augment Idea for Effigy - Gives Tap/Hold functionality to have Effigy work as it does now or allow it to follow Chroma like a Bodyguard, ala Tenno Specters and Clem.

That's more or less the direction that seems sensible for Chroma to me. And so the onr thing that bugs me is whether to have that Puncture Resistance be built into Vex Armor or not, since I would actually rather have a new Tenno Armor type for how that Attribute works on all Warframes.

25 minutes ago, Black1996 said:

Need a rework, a masive rework.

Please DE rework this ability

In this moment Chroma`s first ability it's a trash

What do you think guys?

Please post in the relevant Feedback subforum if you want to be read by DE. With a detailed feedback on what is wrong, and your suggestions.

Thank you.

Spectral Screamed.