The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Horde Gamemode

Music4Therapy

There needs to be a game mode where you encounter wave after wave of hordes of enemies and you just gotta keep mowing em down til you can't go any further.

Like Defense, but without an object to defend and with atleast double/triple the spawn rate of enemies.

Edit: Come to think of it, it would be more like Interception but without points to defend and, again, double/triple the spawn rates. That way you had the option to leave after each wave.

It'd be cool as well if you were able to last for so many waves you had a chance of getting Arcanes or Rivens, but ehh I can live without that. This game mode just sounds awesome and brings me back to my Dynasty Warriors days lol.

Edited by Music4Therapy

Here's an idea I had for one awhile back

Spoiler
On 8/25/2016 at 5:07 PM, PoisonHD said:

Horde Mode

Idea behind it - You fail to extract after an exterminate, and get trapped by an overwhelming number of enemy reinforcements. Resulting in you having to hold out until reinforcements arrive.

• - Objective, and wave based endless mission.
  • - Each wave has the enemies randomized, so it can be all light units, all heavy units, a mix of both favoring one side, etc.
  • - If Heavy units are a majority, you get less of them spawned, and vice versa if its a light unit.

Basically, each unit is assigned a value, this value adds up to a cap of how many can spawn per wave. That cap is randomized between two high numbers.

An example would be.... Bombards and Nullifiers having a value of 15-20, to a value of 2 or 3 of a butcher, or prod crewman. With a theoretical cap of say... 400?

Objective part

• - During each wave, you are given objectives, the objectives can range from just finishing the wave, capturing a target, MD, etc.
  • - You don't have to complete the objective, but completing it gives extra rewards.
  • - Ignoring the objective, or failing it will result in the tileset you are confined to getting smaller, or more closed off, with the way to open the area back up, being completing the objectives.

I can make a more detailed version later, but I will post different ideas as well.

I would absolutely love a horde mode.

Edited by PoisonHD

Just now, Insizer said:

So like Survival?

The issue with survival is the spawn rates are so low in solo that keeping life support up becomes a chore. And Survival doesn't give that Horde feeling, its more about running around grabbing life support. When allies split up in multiplayer, it messes up the spawns which results in life support running out. I want a game mode with a massive horde of spawns and all you gotta do is mow them down.

what everyone expected of survival at first, people asked for horde mode and survival arrived, but i completly agree, i would love a mode where all you do is kill and survive, no running around for life support, no staying in dead end rooms for spawns. only kill and survive.

38 minutes ago, FlyingLlama said:

It would be broken and exploitable, far more than survival. Without life support, people would spend literal days in it, regardless of enemy level scaling.

I agree, to a certain point. Infested and Grineer are easy to exploit, they have no way to prevent being permanently CC locked. Corpus have nullifiers and skaters, but are heavily exploited by Naramon due to its ability to keep you cloaked inside of bubbles.

Which is why I propose that this be against the Corrupted and be divided into waves, similar to Interception or Defense. It would make it to where you would drop Naramon's invis in between waves and your combo multipliers would reset, thus giving you a fresh start wave to wave. Will there continue to be comps that can last infinitely? Yes, but that is the same with any game mode. This is fun.

You can bottleneck the horde and go indefinitely with perpetual builds unless the whole map is filled with null field of cause. The number of enemies is insignificant as long as AOE lockdown is available.

pretty pointless and tedious...

5 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

You can bottleneck the horde and go indefinitely with perpetual builds unless the whole map is filled with null field of cause. The number of enemies is insignificant as long as AOE lockdown is available.

pretty pointless and tedious...

How many frames are capable of a build like this? I would argue that there are frames that are capable of going on infinitely in all endless missions currently. Also, with double/triple the spawns you will see much more ancient/nullifier stacking.

11 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

How many frames are capable of a build like this? I would argue that there are frames that are capable of going on infinitely in all endless missions currently. Also, with double/triple the spawns you will see much more ancient/nullifier stacking.

Many are capable of this.As for ancient and nullifiers I would just use Zenistar with gas+electricity or corrosive+blast build.This game mod is not possible without lot of restrictions.

Horde mode sounds interesting, but lets up the stakes by making the factions rotate each wave. Grineer, corpus, infested, sentient; they can all be after the loot and if any faction is left when the next one arrives they fight each other too. 

Rotating faction means you would have to select proper weapons/loadouts  to deal with the various enemies. 

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

you are infact looking for Survival - that is what you're asking for, just minus the AFKFarming Exploits that such a Gamemode would have without Life Support.

With triple spawns and mass level 100+ ancient+nullifier stacking, I'd like to see what kind of exploits people come up with

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

you are infact looking for Survival - that is what you're asking for, just minus the AFKFarming Exploits that such a Gamemode would have without Life Support.

With triple spawns and mass level 100+ ancient+nullifier stacking, I'd like to see what kind of exploits people come up with

• 3 weeks later...