Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Logging in with a friend's account

Oreific

Question

First of all, I'd like to apologize if this is in the wrong section. Was debating on General Discussion or here, and this doesn't seem like a discussion so here I am.

My friend has stopped playing WF a few days ago, but he won a 370 plat bundle which he said I could use since otherwise it would just go to waste. However, he has recently deleted Warframe and so cannot login to send me the gift (he was gonna gift me market items). So I was wondering, if it was allowed that I login to his account and gifted the item for myself, with his consent of course. I don't wanna be banned just because DE thinks I'm using a 2nd account to bypass things.

22 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Oreific said:

So I was wondering, if it was allowed that I login to his account and gifted the item for myself, with his consent of course.

Not a good idea, account sharing is against the EULA and you will be risking both accounts in the process. Multiboxing with multiple accounts is a violation in itself, should the accounts interact with eachother, and DE do have ways of knowing.

Better to be safe than sorry and have him redownload the game to make the trade, albeit a slight inconvenience.

Excerpt from the Warframe terms;

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

Edited by PeachyPurpleNova
typo

32 minutes ago, Oreific said:

First of all, I'd like to apologize if this is in the wrong section. Was debating on General Discussion or here, and this doesn't seem like a discussion so here I am.

My friend has stopped playing WF a few days ago, but he won a 370 plat bundle which he said I could use since otherwise it would just go to waste. However, he has recently deleted Warframe and so cannot login to send me the gift (he was gonna gift me market items). So I was wondering, if it was allowed that I login to his account and gifted the item for myself, with his consent of course. I don't wanna be banned just because DE thinks I'm using a 2nd account to bypass things.

Maybe ask him nicely to undelete Warframe temporarily? I mean, if he's a friend, and it's to keep your butt out of the potential frying pan, I don't see why he'd say no.

3 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

Maybe ask him nicely to undelete Warframe temporarily? I mean, if he's a friend, and it's to keep your butt out of the potential frying pan, I don't see why he'd say no.

I would, but his PC is apparently destroyed so that's out of the equation. I was going to ask him if he could gift me through the mobile app, but you can't do that

32 minutes ago, Oreific said:

I would, but his PC is apparently destroyed so that's out of the equation. I was going to ask him if he could gift me through the mobile app, but you can't do that

Well, I hope a DE person notices this thread then. I semi-recently had my usual Warframe partner-in-crime visiting me for a week and a half, and during that time, we both logged in to our respective accounts on my computer (he wanted to do the Quick Steel event). The only real x-factor here is the gifting from one account to another on the same computer bit. (DE, NOTICE THIS THREAD!)

10 minutes ago, Oreific said:

i dont get it if his pc is destroyed hes unistalled and dosent play someone mind telling me how he won the bundle or whatever it is?

Edited by ShadowStalker

Connecting to another account on the same computer is fine. Well, it's fine as long as you don't create a topic to say you will.

Connecting to another account on the same computer to transfer some platinums ? Well, that breaks every single rule of the ToS I think...

Just, I would recommend you don't.

1 minute ago, PeachyPurpleNova said:

Not a good idea, account sharing is against the EULA and you will be risking both accounts in the process. Multiboxing with multiple accounts is a violation in itself, should the accounts interact with eachother, and DE do have ways knowing.

Better to be safe than sorry and have him redownload the game to make the trade, albeit and a slight inconvenience.

Excerpt from the Warframe terms;

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

Thanks, this clears it up. Thanks to those who answered aswell :)

1 minute ago, (PS4)kamil_demon said:

DE is probably already halfway through banning you.

It is against warframe rules so.......

Goodbye, I guess

chill dude they wont ban him he said he has a brother  and wernt sharing accounts they only had one pc so i guess they are technically allowed who knows if DE asks him proof he can obviously send them details ID etc 

Edited by ShadowStalker

18 minutes ago, Oreific said:

If it's completely impossible for him to login then the only chance you have is if he contacts support and explains the situation and his intentions. They may or may not help, but it's probably your only shot. :smile:

Edited by PeachyPurpleNova

In this case not advisable. You would be logging in an an inactive account and instantly start transferring goods bought with plat. Without the context that would look like account theft.

BTW: Its a EULA not the law that HAS to be followed. 
Playing a few missions for him for example would matter a lot less then trading market items. And one has a far smaller chance for a ban then the other.

1 hour ago, Oreific said:

Why dont you ask your friend to send a ticket requesting the transfer of these Plat to your account? I believe DE has that flexibility if he explains it well and its a way of not violating the ToS.

1 hour ago, aliifghjkl said:

Why dont you just call that friend to your house and and make him login via your PC then proceed with gifting then?

I really hope you're joking. DE would see no difference on my part.

20 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Why dont you ask your friend to send a ticket requesting the transfer of these Plat to your account? I believe DE has that flexibility if he explains it well and its a way of not violating the ToS.

Haven't thought of that, thanks for the idea

54 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

In this case not advisable. You would be logging in an an inactive account and instantly start transferring goods bought with plat. Without the context that would look like account theft.

BTW: Its a EULA not the law that HAS to be followed. 
Playing a few missions for him for example would matter a lot less then trading market items. And one has a far smaller chance for a ban then the other.

Yeah, but like I said he can't play anymore