Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4727 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

I would like to suggest adding a form to your initial post to make doing your requests easier. As for my request...

Song: Dir en grey - 輪郭 (Rinkaku) (Shot in one take in case it's easier to see them perform as you listen)
Percussion: Adau
Bass: Adau
Melody: Adau

If possible, I would like to request two versions. One as above and one with whatever instruments you feel would work best (I certainly wouldn't pick adau if it wasn't the only thing I had at the moment haha 250p is too much for my current budget. Plus I would have to get the instruments for my wife as well since she is the one that wanted me to try and do this song in the first place.) I'd give this another shot myself since I can play both guitar parts by ear and know all of the words from memory but Adau instruments. They're killing me.

Edited by NihilusVocare

11 hours ago, NihilusVocare said:

I would like to suggest adding a form to your initial post to make doing your requests easier. As for my request...

The ground rules I laid out are working well enough; I don't see a need to formalize it further.  My primary goal is to make a video of the most accurate version possible, but it's up to the viewer whether they actually want to use the same instruments.  A lot of times when I hear my own stuff being used by other players in game they have chosen different instruments.

20 hours ago, NihilusVocare said:

Song: Dir en grey - 輪郭 (Rinkaku) (Shot in one take in case it's easier to see them perform as you listen)

Sorry, man.  Went through these pretty thoroughly and there's nothing there that I can do anything with.

Same disappointment here.  At a music theory level, this style of music thrives on half-step intervals, and the Mandachord does not have those.

Aha!  Found a section I can do:

Obscure (Dir en Grey): Mandachord (Original)

11 hours ago, NihilusVocare said:

If possible, I would like to request two versions. One as above and one with whatever instruments you feel would work best (I certainly wouldn't pick adau if it wasn't the only thing I had at the moment haha 250p is too much for my current budget. Plus I would have to get the instruments for my wife as well since she is the one that wanted me to try and do this song in the first place.) I'd give this another shot myself since I can play both guitar parts by ear and know all of the words from memory but Adau instruments. They're killing me.

It's unfortunate that the default instrument set is so hard to use.  The percussion is niche at best; it's different from all the others and includes a unique double-hit on the middle note.  The bass mostly sounds in the treble range, making it either overpower most melodies or or get lost in them.  And the melody is, for lack of a better word, mush.  The weak attack and long reverb mean it's very hard to make anything recognizable out of it.  Out of almost 500 requests I believe I've only used the Adau melody once or twice.  

I get their artistic reasons for it, but from a practical standpoint Adau is close to the worst possible option for a starter instrument set.

You don't have to buy all five of the other instrument sets, but I highly recommend getting at least Druk.  The percussion is a standard drum kit.  It has the best, clearest bass.  The melody is still a little mushy, but far clearer than Adau's.

You can take the Obscure arrangement above and make it all Adau.  It works okay, but you'll have to cut the bass volume in half to hear the melody.  It's also already 2/3 Druk; making the melody Druk as well works okay, too.

I'm glad you got something to work. To be honest I didn't think rinkaku would really work and revelation of mankind was indeed a longshot but thank you for looking at them.

47 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

The default instrument set is so hard to use.  The percussion is niche at best; it's different from all the others and includes a unique double-hit on the middle note.  The bass mostly sounds in the treble range, making it either overpower most melodies or get lost in them.  And the melody is, for lack of a better word, mush.  The weak attack and long reverb mean it's very hard to make anything recognizable out of it.  Out of almost 500 requests I believe I've only used the Adau melody once or twice.

It is quite unfortunate and I have just been using the bass as a melody even if it doesn't get heard since I don't use the resonator that often haha.

I get their artistic reasons for it, but from a practical standpoint Adau is close to the worst possible option for a starter instrument set.

This. Ninty percent agreed. I feel as though they attempted to make a starter instrument pack that would cater to those who are more musically inclined and those who have little to no knowledge about music whatsoever outside of their mp3s. And I would say this pack sort of does that... But for those like us who know what we're doing it's just a pain to deal with and try to make work.

I highly recommend getting at least Druk.

I will definitely get druk if that's the case. I most certainly appreciate the suggestion and the song. Thank you, yet again. I will certainly make good use of it haha

Edited by NihilusVocare
Added a missing T.

25 minutes ago, Shadoowwwwwwww said:

I haven't gotten to you yet, but put these in order of preference because I can only do one per customer.

A request: One of these, if at all possible:

Trio Niskalaukaus: Surupuku (I imagine that the intro should be easy, but I really don't know anything about music) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNjr3X0HEk
Or
Road Rage by Miracle of Sound (the intro, mainly)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YtGaba6rR4&
(I imagine this may be too difficult? Too fast, maybe?)