Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's up with Akkad?

WorvernScar

Question

I've started running into people in pub who've been getting pretty salty at me for leaving at wave 5, which I typically do when farming credits. This has been virtually taught to be by veteran players from waaaay back during my early times in Warframe. Do Akkad, 5 waves, out and repeat.

Did something change with Akkad as a credit farm where the norm is to stay beyond 5 waves?

Edit: Apologies if this is the incorrect place to post. I view the forums a lot but rarely post. >.>

Edited by WorvernScar

16 answers to this question

nothing wrong with it, it's a good credit farming method, but people who farm xp get annoyed by people who only play 5 waves and stall their xp gain, because they want to go with a team and people who farm credits take space and then leave and no one can join after 5.

from experience, i never comment on it but it can be frasturation, not being able to find a team

• Like 1

akkad is one of few places with decent exp for 15-20 waves and if you leave at 5 you leave them a 3 man party that get less enemies and xp, though technically doubling their creds. 

i didn't really research how exactly credit payout gets increased for not full party game but i guess you could try a solo run and see f you get more credits

14 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

akkad is one of few places with decent exp for 15-20 waves and if you leave at 5 you leave them a 3 man party that get less enemies and xp, though technically doubling their creds. 

i didn't really research how exactly credit payout gets increased for not full party game but i guess you could try a solo run and see f you get more credits

Bu-wai-what-No. Less people mean less enemies meaning less credit drops. Players don't steal credits away from you, you know. All players get all the credits picked up.

Akkad is the highest level Infested Defence available. Ppl usually go there to level up their Weapons and Warframes as you can level them pretty quick if you get 20 round teams. To put it in numbers: 4x20 rounds = warframe 1-30. 1x20 rounds = weapon 1-30 if you have only one equipped.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

Bu-wai-what-No. Less people mean less enemies meaning less credit drops. Players don't steal credits away from you, you know. All players get all the credits picked up.

who cares about credit drops i talk about end mission reward

1 minute ago, Darkfeather21 said:

It's not gonna get nerfed.

I made roughly 15kkk since yesterday(500k at medium) and its not really that hard if you bring the big guns... something will happen.

The problem, OP, is that you go into PUBLIC missions and leave after 5 waves. 

It is something that can be done almost exactly as efficiently solo as it can in a group. Which means that you pubbing a single 5-wave run cuts the XP of the people who want to stay for longer.

It's not a big deal, of course, but is an inconvenience to those who want to go on longer runs.