Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is valkyr good currently?

Daniely3016

Question

I've only been playing a few weeks, Valkyr is my first and only frame with a catalyst on it, it's my most used frame these days as she is quite tanky, I don't have access to the high end mods needed to keep hysteria going for a long time so I just run around meleeing with warcry and if I get low health pop hysteria and leech the health back as another poster already stated.

23 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I never do anything to heal my Chroma and I've taken him to lvl 320 Solo. I can't say the same for Valkyr outside perma Hysteria.

The best part of course is, Chroma's buffs aren't limited to melee.

Valkyr isn't very good and maybe one day the community will actually put her to the test and fight things above lvl 100 without hiding behind Naramon. Then maybe she'll get the much needed buffs a strictly melee frame should have. Cuz right now Chroma just puts her to shame. His concept of a rage brawler even works better.

Trin i assume? or group Cc? Naramon even? Selfharm? Cause the armor means jack when you actually take damage and/or you wanna use your kit. No constant heal means death.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

valkyr + corpus nullifier = disaster. 

when u go into high lvl corpus missions or the void u will be in a bit of trouble as ul have to keep running away from the bubbles and then there comes a point when there are so many nullifiers there is no place to run.

she is good against the grineer and infested

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Trin i assume? or group Cc? Naramon even? Cause the armor means jack when you actually take damage and/or you wanna use your kit. No constant heal means death.

I do mostly Solo endurance runs these days.  I use this for now.

Spoiler

Zcft6me.jpg

It's a gun build.

100% up time on Grace, Aegis and his Vex damage buff. No need to heal or disengage. Regens ~1.2k eHP a second and 101 shields per second.

For melee I use a more traditional 284% Power Strength + Zenurik, no Rage with Life Strike.

29 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I do mostly Solo endurance runs these days.  I use this for now.

Hide contents

Zcft6me.jpg

It's a gun build.

100% up time on Grace, Aegis and his Vex damage buff. No need to heal or disengage. Regens ~1.2k eHP a second and 101 shields per second.

For melee I use a more traditional 284% Power Strength + Zenurik, no Rage with Life Strike.

You should really consider the hema. I switch between something similar to your gun build (p flow instead of p vigor) and a more efficient one for lower level content (essencially Streamline instead of Blind Rage) as both allow effigy use on a appropiate damage pool. Got lucky with a Riven too that gives Poison and Firerate (Still roling for a tollerateable negative). 80% status on ~500 cold, ~900 gas and ~400 viral and it's the best thing ever. Constant buff plus constant effigy if you wish to as you stay alive like a boss. That one really makes him for me. Valk offers a similar playstyle with more range on her status with stuff like the ignis tho, with the same kinda damage base in her hysteria and straight invulnerability for strategical uses.

Having full grace and aegis is no mandatory btw and can be replaced with energize and Rage using hema. Hardly something to compliment the frame for regardless. Think valk would tank any less with 1,2 health/s? Think her damage would fall off on arcane strike or Fury?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

10 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

You should really consider the hema. I switch between something similar to your gun build (p flow instead of p vigor) and a more efficient one for lower level content (essencially Streamline instead of Blind Rage) as both allow effigy use on a appropiate damage pool. Got lucky with a Riven too that gives Poison and Firerate (Still roling for a tollerateable negative). 80% status on ~500 cold, ~900 gas and ~400 viral and it's the best thing ever. Constant buff plus constant effigy if you wish to as you stay alive like a boss. That one really makes him for me. Valk offers a similar playstyle with more range on her status with stuff like the ignis tho, with the same kinda damage base in her hysteria and straight invulnerability for strategical uses.

Hema is good if you want to use it. The idea was he doesn't need to rely on forms of healing like that if you don't want to use specific weapons. I mostly use Tigris Prime, Kohm, Vaykor Hek or Torrid with Chroma and when it comes down to it Valkyr using a gun is really weak by comparison. No Damage bonus Vs 700% damage bonus.

In melee, it's 130% Atk speed vs 850% damage. Even in Hysteria she has trouble keeping up with Chroma's melee damage output. Esp since Chroma can go heavy status to deal with armor and Hysteria can't. Hysteria has to rely on Paralysis later in levels to keep her kill rate up on heavies.

They should have given Valkyr some tweaks when they nerfed her and she wouldn't be completely inferior to Chroma. Make her Warcry recast-able so you can choose when to slow enemies. Make the armor buff multiplicative to her total armor like Vex so she can actually break 95% damage reduction and make her combo timers pause when she changes from normal to hysteria so she doesn't suffer a huge damage loss by staying in one form for more than 12 sec. I mean she's restricted to melee abilities. There's really no reason she shouldn't be the best at it and when Naramon is gone; any stealth frame will be better than her. That's kinda dumb.

I don't really use Effigy on Chroma,  it halves his armor value which is way too much to ask for an intermediate stun. He's better off just using footwork and dodges. Hence the Rush mod.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

Hema is good if you want to use it. The idea was he doesn't need to rely on forms of healing like that if you don't want to use specific weapons. I mostly use Tigris Prime, Kohm, Vaykor Hek or Torrid with Chroma and when it comes down to it Valkyr using a gun is really weak by comparison. No Damage bonus Vs 700% damage bonus.

In melee, it's 130% Atk speed vs 850% damage. Even in Hysteria she has trouble keeping up with Chroma's melee damage output. Esp since Chroma can go heavy status to deal with armor and Hysteria can't. Hysteria has to rely on Paralysis later in levels to keep her kill rate up on heavies.

They should have given Valkyr some tweaks when they nerfed her and she wouldn't be completely inferior to Chroma. Make her Warcry recast-able so you can choose when to slow enemies. Make the armor buff multiplicative to her total armor like Vex so she can actually break 95% damage reduction and make her combo timers pause when she changes from normal to hysteria so she doesn't suffer a huge damage loss by staying in one form for more than 12 sec. I mean she's restricted to melee abilities. There's really no reason she shouldn't be the best at it and when Naramon is gone; any stealth frame will be better than her. That's kinda dumb.

I don't really use Effigy on Chroma,  it halves his armor value which is way too much to ask for an intermediate stun. He's better off just using footwork and dodges. Hence the Rush mod.

Effigy is still extra damage, Cc and status on a static range, what gives a lot to the group while he stays perfectly substainable like this.

And Naramon IS a option still, what flats her out completely.

Nothing in the way of slowing eather. Build for efficiency rather then duration. It would require a certain range anyways what makes narrow mindet pointless. Played her like that for a long time, didn't find a purpose in slowing Cc tho when just oneshotting them is a viable option.

It might be possible however DE have gone out of their way to try and stop her from afking Hystra. So,really you would need loads of energy and good amount of cost decreasing. However,the question is she good? 

Yes,she is very good. However, you need to have the right mindset to play her. Hystra is a interesting skill and gives you lots of special ways to use It. You can hack something and not worry about dying,revive a fallen teammate or even draw argo away from a objective. Mostly, use Hystra more sparingly in later levels. Mainly finish objectives and healing yourself if you have token too much damage.

Ripline, is very good for getting around If you dont wanna waste time. It is my good to skill for interceptions.

Prylaize, stun locks a lot of enemies in the game and lets you one shot most of them. Very useful for drawing fire off everyone for a brief time or simply letting you clear upa  batch of people quickly.

Warcry-a good bread and butter skill. However, I do say you need endless war for It due to the fact Its time active is way too short on Its own even with duration mods.

Overall-Valkyr is good If you are playing warframe on a buget and a good amount beyond that considering the new way they have designed the game. But,really you need rage to get the most out of her.