Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reload speed doesn't add up

McBalth

Fast Hands - +30% reload speed put on vulkar wraith with a base reload speed of 3.0 brings it down to 2.3. shouldn't it be 2.1 given that (3.0 - (3.0*.30))=2.1?

and rank 8 primed fast hands is 45% reload speed comes out as 2.1, should be (3.0 - (3.0*.45))=1.65~1.7?

while depleted reload gives 48% reload speed and comes out at 2.0, should be (3.0 - (3.0*.48))=1.56~1.6?

These calculations are on using only the given mod for reload speed. It would be helpful if information were given as to a "hidden" minimum reload speed that has another "soft" amount added to it, and that only the "soft" amount can be modded, such as saying that it's 1 sec unchangable, with a 2 second moddable amount added. From what i can see this is the only way the math works out here, and that these values change based on weapon and weapon class. If this is the case, it makes the numbers on the mods given to players essentially useless as without spending a lot of time playing with every combo of weapon and mod we cannot find out whether you are wasting our time and effort in trying to level and use these mods. 

reload speed doesn't work like warframe stats do. It works on a multiplier.

In essence, reload speed is an animation.

A mod that increases reload speed by, say, 45% will increase the animation speed by 45%. This means that the animation will now play at 1.45x speed, as opposed to 1x speed.

Similarly, if you were to obtain +100% reload speed, you would be reloading at 200% "efficiency", or at 2x speed.

Hope this helps ^.^

So this particular stat works differently than every other one on guns, without any in game indication of it? And this means that with all the varying animations for weapons reloading that there is no actual way to predict how it will affect it really, meaning that the numbers are in essence a waste of time becoming an absolute trial and error or guessing game as to the actual effect from one weapon to the next. Thanks, I think. 

5 minutes ago, ashrah said:

with maxed primed hands u get 1.9 reload that is big  improvment

I'll grant that the mods do help, especially with weapons that have insanely long reload times. But I like to be able to do the math on stats and have them work out instead of being something that I have to resort to trial and error to figure out per weapon. I'd love to see excessively long reload animations truncated anyway, as some melee weapons with long attack animations aren't restricted to simply speeding up the animation for attacks from what I can tell. For example, War, with primed fury, and Berserker at full stacks, and valkyr's warcry buff doesn't play the full animation anymore, just skips the majority of it and still does the full damage. If something like that isn't animation limited while directly dealing damage, what is the point in making us wait for every frame of a reload animation to play out when it's not actually doing the damage, adn the weapon after reload is still fire-rate limited?

17 minutes ago, McBalth said:

So this particular stat works differently than every other one on guns, without any in game indication of it? And this means that with all the varying animations for weapons reloading that there is no actual way to predict how it will affect it really, meaning that the numbers are in essence a waste of time becoming an absolute trial and error or guessing game as to the actual effect from one weapon to the next. Thanks, I think. 

No it doesn't, it says speed, you're supposed to handle speed differently, because it's speed in particular and not just any scalar multiplier. What you see there on the stats is time right? You probably learnt how speed and time work in school I presume?

You're supposed to multiply the speed by (1+ Mod Multiplier) so for 45% you get 1.45x less time needed. 3/1.45 is indeed approximately 2.1.

Edited by Praxxor

Most guns finish reloading before the animation is even completed or even the alloted time is met. For example with the soma around 4/5ths of the way through the reloading you can melee and it will finish reloading and you can fire before your melee animation is finished. I've noticed this on other guns as well but not as to the degree that the soma has