Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Orbiters Serve A Greater Purpose?

Duckboy3825

So as of now orbiters don't do a whole lot. You can use air support charges but that is pretty much all the function they have. Quiett Shy once even made a joke about the Liset Prime skin just being "loading screen prime". So can orbiters serve a greater purpose other than just aesthetics? Perhaps piloting them and pursuiting/avoiding pursuit?

33 minutes ago, Duckboy3825 said:

Orbiters Landing crafts, potatos potatoes.

Okay so

1. Potatoes is plural of potato. Potatos is grammatically incorrect.

2. Landing craft is loading screen / air support. The Orbiter is where you hand out in between missions.

On topic: Landing craft are in a bit of a sorry state. Air Support charges could be a lot more useful. However, I don't think they need a complete overhaul like you suggest. Would just over-complicate things.

Alright, I know. I mixed up landing crafts with orbiters, my bad. You don't need to correct me twenty times over. 

When I said the thing about potatoes I meant it as in pronunciation, I was saying I know I goofed up but you should know what I mean.

@Jeffrey94 Thanks for being the only one in this discussion to actually talk about what the discussion is about.

I personally think that "pizzas" should be replaced entirely by Air Support equivalents (we already have the health one) and that functionality should be separated from cosmetics (you can have any/multiple air support types at a time, but you are still subject to the cool down). Having infinite energy, health, and ammo through pizzas is one of the most overlooked imbalances of the game. 

And I also would like the Orbiter expanded so we could see the actual foundry, our weapons on a wall, our pets in stasis etcetera. Then allow people in your party to join you in your Orbiter. 

I think it would be super neat if there were a quest to access the lower decks which involved the Operator crawling through a mile of ducts with a toolkit and a headset, unlocking ancient pressure seals and reconnecting Ordis to forgotten subsystems, and vapourising rogue bits of Helminth combat servitors which have been infesting the lower decks.

Then, afterwards, allow us to designate several lower rooms, as rifle ranges or Warframe display rooms or Operator meditation chambers, at a cost of various resources for building all that stuff.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Not only does the landing craft need to be more useful, but right now, most of them need some serious scaling. 

The healing tower is too weak/long cooldown to be effective for healing. 

The turret and air strike have poorly scaling damage that isn't really useful for damage or cc. 

Only useful one is liset default air support that slows timers in sorties and such.