Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accounts

Chrysxv

Question

19 answers to this question

It isn't against the rules to play with him, but it is against the rules to give away your account.

"The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account."

11 minutes ago, Syvarin said:

It isn't against the rules to play with him, but it is against the rules to give away your account.

"The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account."

is it against the rules since its my little brother though

21 minutes ago, Wolfaxsi said:

is it against the rules since its my little brother though

Yes, it is. Sharing accounts or account information with others, regardless of whether they're friends or family, without first obtaining permission from DE, can result in the account being permanently suspended.

1 hour ago, Letter13 said:

Yes, it is. Sharing accounts or account information with others, regardless of whether they're friends or family, without first obtaining permission from DE, can result in the account being permanently suspended.

so i can request from de?

wait so does this mean im getting banned?

1 hour ago, Wolfaxsi said:

so i can request from de?

wait so does this mean im getting banned?

Although it's unlikely that DE will grant permission, I also doubt that you'll get banned. The rule is primarily in place to prevent users from selling accounts loaded with gear/platinum for real money and out of game things. As long as the account wasn't filled with items and was relatively knew, you're probably fine. Not only that, but if you're both connecting from the same household then there's no real way to determine if you're sharing accounts with a sibling or family member unless you openly admit it.

So, while it is technically against the rules, it probably won't get you banned. Even so you should still contact support to clear up any misunderstanding. But keep in mind that I'm not a DE staff member and can't speak for what support will or won't do.

I'd also recommend that you try to avoid trading items/gear between you and your sibling's account--trading between accounts under the same IP can register in the system as alt-abuse (using alternate accounts to circumvent in game restrictions).

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

I'd also recommend that you try to avoid trading items/gear between you and your sibling's account--trading between accounts under the same IP can register in the system as alt-abuse (using alternate accounts to circumvent in game restrictions).

Well, this has me somewhat concerned.  

My brother, sister-in-law and I play on the same IP when I visit and sometimes trade items.  How concerned should I be about getting flagged?

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Well, this has me somewhat concerned.  

My brother, sister-in-law and I play on the same IP when I visit and sometimes trade items.  How concerned should I be about getting flagged?

Probably don't need to worry. The trading-between-alt-accounts is mainly to prevent players from making a bunch of accounts, farming tons of event mods, transferring them all to the main account and selling the spares for platinum. Plus if you and your siblings are connecting from different locations at other times and/or active play together (i.e. when you're not visiting you've all got separate IPs or all connect to the game and play at the same time), that would tend to refute any alt-account-abuse.

Abusing alternate accounts to circumvent in game restriction looks a very specific way (usually 1 account is 'empty', 1 account is full, and whenever the empty account gets anything of value it's then traded to the other account).

tl;dr you're fine

18 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Probably don't need to worry. The trading-between-alt-accounts is mainly to prevent players from making a bunch of accounts, farming tons of event mods, transferring them all to the main account and selling the spares for platinum. Plus if you and your siblings are connecting from different locations at other times and/or active play together (i.e. when you're not visiting you've all got separate IPs or all connect to the game and play at the same time), that would tend to refute any alt-account-abuse.

Abusing alternate accounts to circumvent in game restriction looks a very specific way (usually 1 account is 'empty', 1 account is full, and whenever the empty account gets anything of value it's then traded to the other account).

tl;dr you're fine

Awesome, ty.

2 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Although it's unlikely that DE will grant permission, I also doubt that you'll get banned. The rule is primarily in place to prevent users from selling accounts loaded with gear/platinum for real money and out of game things. As long as the account wasn't filled with items and was relatively knew, you're probably fine. Not only that, but if you're both connecting from the same household then there's no real way to determine if you're sharing accounts with a sibling or family member unless you openly admit it.

So, while it is technically against the rules, it probably won't get you banned. Even so you should still contact support to clear up any misunderstanding. But keep in mind that I'm not a DE staff member and can't speak for what support will or won't do.

Thanks for the help :)

2 hours ago, Letter13 said:

wait one more question, what would the support subject be for this?

57 minutes ago, (PS4)LadyAnon_ said:

Yea, and says from same house hold what If you move your practically screwed then I'll be traveling a lot soon

I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're trying to say. If you're worried about somehow being suspended from the game because you're connecting from different locations due to travelling, you don't have to be worried because you won't get suspended.

There's nothing wrong with connecting to the game from various different locations within reason (i.e. actually travelling). I've connected to Warframe from several different countries in the past and have had no troubles. However if you connect from 1 place, and then within minutes connect from somewhere else several thousand miles away, that looks suspicious (because travelling several thousand miles in several minutes is not within reason) and is indicative of a compromised account or of account sharing.

For example, if at 09:30 GMT you connect to the game's servers from a United States IP address, and at 09:35 GMT that same day you connect to the game's servers from, say, a Russian IP address--this is suspicious behavior because there is no reasonable way for you to travel from the United States to Russia in 5 minutes. The only reasonable explanation for this is that either your account was compromised, or you gave your account information to someone else (in either case the account will be locked in order to prevent malicious use of the account).

9 hours ago, Letter13 said:

I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're trying to say. If you're worried about somehow being suspended from the game because you're connecting from different locations due to travelling, you don't have to be worried because you won't get suspended.

There's nothing wrong with connecting to the game from various different locations within reason (i.e. actually travelling). I've connected to Warframe from several different countries in the past and have had no troubles. However if you connect from 1 place, and then within minutes connect from somewhere else several thousand miles away, that looks suspicious (because travelling several thousand miles in several minutes is not within reason) and is indicative of a compromised account or of account sharing.

For example, if at 09:30 GMT you connect to the game's servers from a United States IP address, and at 09:35 GMT that same day you connect to the game's servers from, say, a Russian IP address--this is suspicious behavior because there is no reasonable way for you to travel from the United States to Russia in 5 minutes. The only reasonable explanation for this is that either your account was compromised, or you gave your account information to someone else (in either case the account will be locked in order to prevent malicious use of the account).

Let's say if your fancy and rich(I am not I wish lol) you travel and play warfame on the road then take a break hour later you traveled let's say 200 miles within that time turn it on again and your somewhere else could that look suspicious or not?

Just now, (PS4)LadyAnon_ said:

Let's say if your fancy and rich(I am not I wish lol) you travel and play warfame on the road then take a break hour later you traveled let's say 200 miles within that time turn it on again and your somewhere else could that look suspicious or not?

9 hours ago, Letter13 said:

i also use vpn a lot so not sure if that messes up the ip or not. I use vpn for good reasons these says lost 3 pan accounts in the past. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)LadyAnon_ said:

2 hours ago, (PS4)LadyAnon_ said:

i also use vpn a lot so not sure if that messes up the ip or not. I use vpn for good reasons these says lost 3 pan accounts in the past. 

I think you're fine in either case. 200 miles in 1 hour is not hard at all with flying (since usually the cruise speed of aircraft tends to sit around 550 miles an hour). The issue would be if you traveled, say, 3,000 miles in 5 minutes, which is way too fast to be an aircraft (unless you happen to be an astronaut in which case I won't judge).

As for VPNs, I'd recommend against using them while connecting to the game, but if you want or need to, try to use a VPN that remains in the same general geographic location as where you're located (i.e. if you're in Eastern North America, use a VPN server that's in that general area, as opposed to using a server located in Malaysia or halfway around the globe)--as VPN servers that are geographically closer to your position not only look less suspicious, it also improves your latency and won't murder you with lag when connecting to other players.