Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Its Time: Otw Server

Cleesus

haha, beta means we are testers, dont get angry because youre forced to be a tester like you agreed to before you started playing, its all there

If that is supposed to be an reply to one of my posts then ill say this.

I have beta tested many games, I like doing it and its fun for me. I make bug reports in this game, so thats not a problem for me either. I have no idea why you think im angry but hey thats just how things are on the internet.

Then you can't use the excuse "It's beta" to waive concerns about product readiness, hence an OTW server is necessary.

Wait. What? We as players are the only ones that ever say "It's beta guys, stop complaining."

Plus your hence statement is not a direct derivative of the previous fact. OTW server is not necessary because this is not....

A release candidate (RC) is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug.

@Archi

I get what you're saying, but I don't really regard it as an argument against an OTW server. The fact is, in practice, from both how it's being handled in development and how it's used from a consumer standpoint, Warframe has a lot in common with a finished commercial product. it's not a standard situation, so the standard best practices aren't entirely applicable.

Keeping in mind that this IS a beta, I think separating the areas that are merely "under construction" from areas that are "hard hat required" has a lot of merit.

@Archi

I get what you're saying, but I don't really regard it as an argument against an OTW server. The fact is, in practice, from both how it's being handled in development and how it's used from a consumer standpoint, Warframe has a lot in common with a finished commercial product. it's not a standard situation, so the standard best practices aren't entirely applicable.

Keeping in mind that this IS a beta, I think separating the areas that are merely "under construction" from areas that are "hard hat required" has a lot of merit.

This^

Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta (or in some cases, both); closed beta versions are released to a restricted group of individuals for a user test by invitation, while open beta testers are from a larger group, or anyone interested. The testers report any bugs that they find, and sometimes suggest additional features they think should be available in the final version.

Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find.

What you are talking about is known as a Release candidate.

A release candidate (RC) is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug. A release is called code complete when the development team agrees that no entirely new source code will be added to this release. There could still be source code changes to fix defects, changes to documentation and data files, and peripheral code for test cases or utilities. Beta testers, if privately selected, will often be credited for using the release candidate as though it were a finished product. Beta testing is conducted in a client's or customer's location and to test the software from a user's perspective.

Had you actually understood the rest of my post, you would have understood my reasoning behind that particular statement. (It might have been a fault in my choice of words, too. If that's the case, sorry about that, it was really late.) I know how a product's life-cycle goes and I know it very well.

I did not say an open beta is as good as released game in terms of its content or performance. I said it's as good as a released game in the number of people who don't understand what a beta is and don't know what the heck it is that they are actually supposed to do when they encounter a bug. And no, that is not yelling "HALP THIS DOESN'T WORK PLYS FIX ADMIIIIN" like I see some people doing. Missing early access label on the Steam store page does not help this at all.

That being said, no, the game is nowhere near release with its current issues.

Edited by 3ventic

It's ironic that people complain about lack of bug report features when there's oh so many of them.

Please show me where those feedback tools are, because apart from the forums, I don't know how I can provide feedback!

Edited by Wojek