The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia first impression

(XBOX)Oussii

Yesterday we got the update on XBOX, and i tried the Octavia frame and the 2 weapons that came along.

Honestly, i was disappointed from its power. i level it up and decided to put it in retirement. i don't think i will ever use that frame again

As for the weapons, i cannot say, i was too sleepy and did not hit level 30 yet, still on 20 for both of them

So far, the Tenora is not bad, have to test it more so is the pandero.

I may use both of them one day, but as far as it goes to Octavia,, Never

You may agree with me or not, this is my humble opinion .

DE, it was a waste of time doing this frame.. are you out of good ideas?

18 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

But you didn't explain why... yet you question if the devs idea to make Octavia was good? How are they supposed to read your mind on what went wrong, in your humble opinion?

The powers are useless.

The repetitive music is so annoying

The quality of note and sound are so Dull (and i am talking from an experience since i am a musician)

I would have preferred to use a midi format and to be able to upload it

and so many other things

And one question to u: would you take Octavia to a defense or survival in sortie?

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

The powers are useless.

And one question to u: would you take Octavia to a defense or survival in sortie?

Not really. 

You can mute her. 

If I was any good at her I sure as h would. She is very OP if you know how to use her. 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

The powers are useless.

The quality of note and sound are so Dull (and i am talking from an experience since i am a musician)

and so many other things

I see. Depends on how you use the powers, but they are far from useless, overpowered even.

Repetition and quality I don't disagree with. We need more variety and ability to create a playlist of different songs to use during a mission.

And yes, I would take Octavia to Sortie Defense and Survival. Mallet + Amp to clear the tile in no time with that scaling damage, Resonator to make enemies not shoot at you or the operative, Metronome to perma-stealth... the applications are end-game viable.

1 minute ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

The mandachord Step metronome is either off beat of the samples are not correctly cropped. I'm a music producer btw

I am a TV producer/Director

Music Producer.

I play Keyboards, drums , guitar and harmonica

And i would rename Octavia to : Music lover killer

53 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

The powers are useless.

and so many other things

Her powers are far from useless but they do need line of sight. (At least the mallet does)

Of course it is repetitive, it's only 4 bars long. But that is to keep data transfers down.(And it is in midi format, just round instead of a sheet)

They honestly aren't bad, some are a bit hummy but these aren't suppose to be 1:1 instrument copies.

And we have no clue what any of those "so many things" are.

And I have taken her into sorties even before I had a single forma on her.

Edited by SilvaDreams
Dear Baro my autocorrect is killing me tonight.

Team buffs, Crowd control, AOE damage, Invisibility etc It is probably one of the best frames right now and I am sure we will see "can you please nerf she stole my kills threads"

Music producers and musicians please understand that most people are not musically inclined. Its a simple sequencer although I would like more than 16 notes but its pretty good for a first implementation. Its probably the most unique warframe which allows people to create their own simple loops which can actually affects gameplay and not some background sound.

Please don't tell me you want to have a full blown fruity loops built inside free to play game where you can upload MIDI samples, allows VST plugins and have multitrack. 

DE brings a very unique frame which allows creativity to create your own tracks and you ask them if they are running out of ideas. 

Sorry to say but you are just coming off as Music Snobs. 

"Oh the note was not perfect, pitch was off, samples not cropped". Seriously :facepalm:

This thread proves what has already been done by the people who just want to enjoy

Sure its not perfect but its fun. 

Oh ya almost forgot you can create a small track which suits your play style so you can keeps all buffs up all the time. Sort of like dancing while slicing enemies.

Edited by Kusungphak

Music wise I can understand the annoyance as you don't really have complete freedom in what you create due to the 4 bars, but effectiveness wise. Octavia is actually really powerful.

Her first does scalable damage with light CC aspect to it.

Her second ability is the most lacking ability in my eyes mostly due to the AI, but generally if the AI works in your favor, its a really decent CC.

Her third ability has a ~30+ Invis tied to it, and with the right music setup you can easily get that buff, same for the multishot one.

Her ultimate has a team damage buff that goes above 300%, and also doubles the range of your first ability.

Octavia is very strong, the team buff with the scaling damage of her first ability easily clears sortie level enemies in seconds, and she has invisibility that competes with Loki's. She is one of the better defense frames out there.

My main issue with Octavia is an issue that I face a lot with a lot of characters in a lot of games, her abilities are just fire and forget, just like Chroma and Vauban, I enjoy playing them, but I will usually fall asleep playing them because there is just no interaction when playing them.

Do you know how look good Octavia player in sortie...you don't .... she is invisible...

But seriously now. Her first ability scales really good if you let enemies hit it. With amp it have insane range too.

Her second is semi useful for CC... but I rarely use it.

Third buff Armor at default... and If you use simple (don't meant to be bad) melody you can get perma invisibility a easy MS for your weapon.

AMP is good for boosting overall dps of grp and also boost dmg of her first.

To sump up..i have no problems doing any high end mission with Octavia, even missions like spy, rescue. She only suffer in really fast missions like Exterminate or Capture.

Few tips:

• go for longer duration
  • go for more range
  • you can live with efficiency at 75%
Edited by Mover-NeRo

Her 1st ability scales...that ALONE makes her a VERY good frame....as it scales as the enemy damages it, thus they scale up meaning the 1st ability skyrockets.

Her 2nd, i tend to use it when i need a distraction as its kind of a waste to combine it with her 1st due to the above scaling build up....normally taking anywhere from 5-20 seconds before its even viable to have the 2nd ability go after it

Her 3rd.....VERY good, adds armor (on ability activation), invisibility, moar multishot, AND melee damage increase. all due to certain actions as specified in the ability desc.

Her 4th...I wish it was an aura on Octavia as well as how it is now, but its VERY good...anywhere from x2 to up to (depending on the build) x7.5 damage increase is Phenomenal.

her 1-3 revolve around her Mandachord which is accessed via the Appearance tab and then going to the bottom right...it does need experimentation. It is currently at each box = 1/16th note with 16 of those per measure = 8 1/8 notes or 4 1/4 notes.

I've gone NUMEROUS 1 hour long survivals (mostly against infested, some times against grineer) and using ALL her powers is a necessity...not just sticking to one power.

Her weapons. I like the new rifle as its a mix between a better soma and a sniper without the scope....its great for crit and status and works very well with Octavia's 4th.

The pistol i see more as a Slash based Lex prime, though that Clip emptying Alt fire is VERY harsh on the recoil. great for crit and a bit of status (I use gas/toxin due to the crits)