Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Saryn

Toaster-Kun

Question

10 answers to this question

To answer the question asked, there isn't any "right" answer to how many spores you should put on a Moult before blowing it up, as long as that answer is greater than zero.

As for other things to do with Saryn, stay mobile, get weapons that do AoE and toxin damage, and remember that covering enemies in Spores is usually a lot more effective (since it takes less energy to start the chain reaction).

You can cast Spores on enemies and get hikou prime with concealed explosives. Shoot near enemies and watch the numbers fill the screen. 

My personal favourite is the toxic lash saryn but hey, if all people wanna do is spam Spores at their molt, who am I to judge. 

5 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

To answer the question asked, there isn't any "right" answer to how many spores you should put on a Moult before blowing it up, as long as that answer is greater than zero.

As for other things to do with Saryn, stay mobile, get weapons that do AoE and toxin damage, and remember that covering enemies in Spores is usually a lot more effective (since it takes less energy to start the chain reaction).

has and deserves "best answer" 

To hopefully add a bit to the topic-

I've found that "2 times" seems to be my right answer to "how many times to put spores on molt before popping them?"

I'll Molt, Spore twice, shoot or melee the spores and watch for the damage numbers to start showing up, then pop it.

And yeah, also mix in applying spores directly to enemies as much as seems appropriate. 

Basically, you want to Spore All The Things before you Pop. 

I don't focus too much on the actual Molt since it will go away when you pop, and because of that haven't been finding Regenerative Molt to be worth taking up a mod slot for, at least in a "spores build."

(It'd probably be good in a more melee oriented build, focusing on her "3", but that seems a bit niche to me)

As others have already pointed out, "keep moving" is what keeps you alive. Spam molt to keep fire off you too.

Your entire strategy should be to spread spores, and ideally recruit your team mates to help you spread them. If you cast molt, automatically slam 1-2 spores onto it and MOVE ON...there is no real need to stick around. Especially at the start of a game, focus on really spreading those spores all throughout the map. If you have a decent duration, that'll carry forward into mid and late game. 

You don't need to spam spores once the ball starts rolling. Spread 'em in an energy-efficient way ;)

As long you're modded for +250% range pop spore off molt every five to ten seconds.  It'll depend on what level of enemy you're fighting and the amount of power strength you've modded for.  I'm a proponent of having molt on top of my zenistar disk and just casting spore on molt with every five energy restored from energy siphon.  But not everyone has access to the zenistar.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

On 19.4.2017 at 4:59 PM, Yzjdriel said:

Toxic mechanic is broken. Anything works.