Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's 3 and 4 change

S7nther

3 could add a toxin damage buff to all the weapons, its augment would be to add damage to teammates' weapons as well. Like Rhino's roar but worse.

How about instead of straight up damage, which falls off pretty quickly, 4 gives as many corrosive procs (the ability's description afterall says that it corrodes stuff) as the enemies have viral and toxin procs? It'd be nice that damage stacked with the number of viral and toxic procs the enemy has as well. This wouldn't be OP mainly because we already have frames (Nidus and Octavia)) whose damage abilities scale really well in to the endgame.

3 minutes ago, shadow0727 said:

There is an augment for Saryn's 1 that already adds toxin to teammates the same way that Ember's 1 adds fire, Frost's 1 adds cold and Volt's 1 adds electricity. They also did a rework to stop Saryn for being a press 4 to win

See, but the first ability doesn't add toxin damage to yourself and 3 only adds toxin damage to melee.

Saryn wouldn't be "press 4 to win" because i highly doubt that it'd instakill anything, it'd mostly just strip armor and it also requires lots of 1 used.

2 minutes ago, SyntherLT said:

See, but the first ability doesn't add toxin damage to yourself and 3 only adds toxin damage to melee.

Saryn wouldn't be "press 4 to win" because i highly doubt that it'd instakill anything, it'd mostly just strip armor and it also requires lots of 1 used.

He meant it as a rework to fix her to stop being a press 4 to win. Were you not there before the nerf? Saryn was insane. She was a press 4 to win.

4 minutes ago, SyntherLT said:

Toxic Lash
When active, melee strikes burst spores causing them to spread to nearby enemies.
Strength:20% / 22% / 26% / 30% (damage bonus)
25% / 30% / 35% / 40% (damage reduction)
Duration:20 / 22 / 25 / 30 s
Range:N/A

• Saryn imbues her melee weapon with potent toxins, adding 20% / 22% / 26% / 30% of the melee weapon's total damage as Toxin b Toxin damage with a 100% status chance to every strike over a duration of 20 / 22 / 25 / 30 seconds.
    • Damage bonus is affected by Power Strength.
    • Toxin b Toxin status effect deals 50% of the bonus damage per tick over 11 ticks in 10 seconds. Duration-based status effects are prolonged due to Saryn's passive.

The first may not add toxin to your self, but toxic lash adds alot more than 3 to your attacks. (information taken right from wiki)

Just now, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

He meant it as a rework to fix her to stop being a press 4 to win. Were you not there before the nerf? Saryn was insane. She was a press 4 to win.

ok, then her ult could just strip armor. as long as it scales and does something useful and isn't a waste of energy, i'm fine.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

He is referring to his suggested change, not how miasma used to be

Just now, shadow0727 said:

He is referring to his suggested change, not how miasma used to be

You didn't really read what is going on. He didn't understand that you meant the rework was to stop her from being a press 4 to win, and so I clarified that. Nowhere was I even talking about the suggested change on hand.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i actually like its current setup as is ...  

it's ok, but her 4 is useless beyond lvl 50.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

You didn't really read what is going on. He didn't understand that you meant the rework was to stop her from being a press 4 to win, and so I clarified that. Nowhere was I even talking about the suggested change on hand.

i know that her rework was for that but now her ult is, as i said, useless beyond lvl 50 so i'd like to change it. it's not like this would be "just click 4 to win". this would require heavy spamming of 1 and significant energy investments.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

13 minutes ago, SyntherLT said:

This is directly related to op's original post

29 minutes ago, SyntherLT said:

How about instead of straight up damage, which falls off pretty quickly, 4 gives as many corrosive procs (the ability's description afterall says that it corrodes stuff) as the enemies have viral and toxin procs? It'd be nice that damage stacked with the number of viral and toxic procs the enemy has as well. This wouldn't be OP mainly because we already have frames (Nidus and Octavia)) whose damage abilities scale really well in to the endgame.

4 minutes ago, SyntherLT said:

it's ok, but her 4 is useless beyond lvl 50.

i know that her rework was for that but now her ult is, as i said, useless beyond lvl 50 so i'd like to change it. it's not like this would be "just click 4 to win". this would require heavy spamming of 1 and significant energy investments.

maelstroms build with a good team deals a trillion+ if memory serves   [banshee, equinox, trinity] 

solo it still nukes maps

more or less i just use 4 to stun lock and refresh to keep it burning targets armor , recats resets the timer 

also a huge spread off spore [viral/tox] can amplify the capability

and with lash + condition overload / range melee means  you can burn bigger targets down fast

edit: so i noramlly cast spore throw pox on molt with spore

let that spread /cast lash to speed it up and get energy [keep lash up] 

when i start getting overwhelmed i cast 4  and melee them down 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

maelstroms build with a good team deals a trillion+ if memory serves   [banshee, equinox, trinity] 

solo it still nukes maps

1. that requires a very specific set up and any frame who's abilities do damage can to trillion+ damage with those buffs.

2. it doesn't nuke maps. at most, it nukes a room if you have maximum power range, which requires 3 mods + 4 mods for power strenght and even then it struggles to kill lvl 50< enemies EVEN WITH them having viral and toxin procs.

1 minute ago, SyntherLT said:

1. that requires a very specific set up and any frame who's abilities do damage can to trillion+ damage with those buffs.

2. it doesn't nuke maps. at most, it nukes a room if you have maximum power range, which requires 3 mods + 4 mods for power strenght and even then it struggles to kill lvl 50< enemies EVEN WITH them having viral and toxin procs.

yes it needs specific setup , but it still is viable 60+ enemies solo, downside is it has low defense capability  .... 

personally mine has no issues tearing enemies apart 60 -135  , even when i focus on casting play, though i enjoy melee on her the most  

the point of her current setup is to use the powers together and not focus on any specific one to get the job done, granted a spore build by itself can destroy enemies on a map, casting 4 just amps up that effect  and spreads them and , recast 4 to reset its time

just keep casting 4 to reset and throw spores  , typically i use pox to speed up the spread rate , or i just throw it at heavies [with spore] and then cast 4 if i really want them gone fast 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

just keep casting 4 to reset and throw spores  , typically i use pox to speed up the spread rate , or i just throw it at heavies [with spore] and then cast 4 if i really want them gone fast 

that's a huge waste of energy just to reset viral and toxin timers when i can just add more viral and toxin procs for a significantly lower energy cost. damage of 4 is easily outpaced by zarr, which also has a nice aoe, with which i run my saryn.

Just now, SyntherLT said:

that's a huge waste of energy just to reset viral and toxin timers when i can just add more viral and toxin procs for a significantly lower energy cost. damage of 4 is easily outpaced by zarr, which also has a nice aoe, with which i run my saryn.

i just use sobek and acid shells, it more then makes up for difference if i really need to nuke a group of armors fast and it scales damage based on enemies , + also chains with spores to spread and chain kills 

she has so much energy its not really a problem when you use primed flow, especially if you run rage with her and keeps up hits with toxic lash  

so its not that she cant do damage or spend energy, its more you want a faster return from casting her effects to yield a quick result?

34 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i just use sobek and acid shells, it more then makes up for difference if i really need to nuke a group of armors fast and it scales damage based on enemies , + also chains with spores to spread and chain kills 

she has so much energy its not really a problem when you use primed flow, especially if you run rage with her and keeps up hits with toxic lash  

so its not that she cant do damage or spend energy, its more you want a faster return from casting her effects to yield a quick result?

i want for her 4 to be scalable to high levels.

Press-4-to-win....  Where old Miasma was actually useful; you couldn't possibly lose in the first place....

Yea, it would be cool if more than her first ability was useful past lvl 200ish or her Miasma didn't devolve into a 2s stun.

But good luck to you convincing anyone else. Endurance runners are a minority in this game.

Would be fun if they made Miasma get that 100% damage bonus PER toxin proc (not just one). That would make it scalable.

I dont know about you guys but I feel Saryn is a melee frame by principle so her toxic lash is fine as it is.

11 hours ago, SyntherLT said:

Miasma gives as many corrosive procs as the enemies have viral and toxin procs?

perhaps not quite the total number of Toxin Status the Enemy has + 1, but i like where you're going.
there's a lot of other things Miasma should be based on theme that it is not, but in addition to those prefaced as well as separately, hm.

i'd totally go for Corrosive Status if an Enemy is affected by Viral and/or Toxin Status per Tick, meaning up to 2 Corrosive Status per Tick.

Edited by taiiat