Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking and Primed Flow for Chroma?

Sohki

Question

8 answers to this question

I don't know about the community, but personally when I first started Chroma I wanted to have a heat/HP tank Chroma. My original build for that needed a quick thinking because I lost HP way too quick (I had rage+quick thinking+primed flow). More recently I switched from a heat/HP to a ice/armor tank and the need for mods like quick thinking went away. Maybe the first thing the community thought off when they heard "dragon frame" was also fire or heat tank, and so older builds were different.

SergeantSunshine has some decent points to why, also because the stagger you get from quick thinking is bad. It may help you survive but more people are going for Vitality and (primed) Vigor in place of both quick thinking and primed flow. All builds use Rage for energy however.

People realized that being chain-staggered by Quick thinking was retаrded, mostly.  Especially since Chroma does far better when that slot is used for something useful (like Everlasting Ward to make the whole squad a tank).

Edited by Yzjdriel

I couldn't say for sure. I've played Chroma 2 years now and never used Quick Thinking.

Not much has really changed. Zenurik made energy management easier but other than that maybe players figured out by using both QT + Flow they were sacrificing Power Strength which lowers damage and returns less of a profit on eHP by lowing your armor value.

There are more ways to heal your HP these days. Grace, Medi-ray, Life Strike, Pads, Syndicat procs.

There's also Primed Vigor which has much greater value for a mod slot than normal Vigor. I never used Vigor either but I use Primed Vigor. Insuring your Vex armor is at max is arguably more important than more raw HP via QT.