Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Request Regarding Health Conversion.

KX297

So, Health Conversion is a very unique mod provided by Cephalon Simaris.

It reads;

Health orbs grant 450 armor, stacking up to 3 times. Tacking damage consumes a stack after 3s.  

I like this mod a lot, but the loss of a stack occurs too easily. My request? 

DE, can you make it to where you only lose a stack after taking damage to your health pool? Currently, you lose a stack regardless if the damage is dealt to your shields or health, which means that it becomes somewhat difficult to maintain the stacks for when you actually hit your health pool.

Basically, I take damage to my shields. In three seconds, I will lose a stack.

My shields are then fully depleted, and I am now taking damage to my health directly. Health Conversion armor mitigates some off this. However, while taking damage to my health, I lose a stack due to taking damage to my shields, causing me to lose armor and subsequently take increased damage. 

Basically, I currently feel that while Health Conversion is a really cool mod, it isn't always living up to its full potential due to stacks being consumed for taking damage to shields.

I believe this could be easily resolved by simply making the stacks only be consumed when damage is dealt directly to you health pool. It wouldn't really make the mod overpowered in any way since it is still has such niche applications. However, it would aid it in those particular times when people can use it. 

What do you guys think? 

Didn't read post yet, is it about how the only Warframe this mod was every truly useful for was Nekros, and how the lack of ways to regenerate your health when you're a new player is killing people on the way up, or maybe about the fact that health conversion doesn't work with Equillibrium? 

Nope, was wrong. 

Having it take consume a stack from your shields is a non-issue to me. Why? I'll only ever use the mod on a non-Shield of Shadows, despoil Nekros. He's the only person who will ever benefit from that mod without consuming a space for something more useful. And as such, I will always have an  absolutely ludicrous amount of health orbs on the floor, and I'll always have <100% health so I'll always have my sentinel carrying fifteen orbs behind me, for no reason. 

1 hour ago, Ryme said:

That or change it to a flat damage reduction bonus that shields can benefit from too.

1 hour ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

I kinda like the flat bonus that applies to both Shields and Health, but having only Health damage remove a stack (when shields are depleted) after three seconds is fine by me too.

How do you think a flat damage reduction would work across both health and shields?

Would you, say, figure out what the damage mitigation of 450 armor would be?

The alter the mod description to say something along the lines of "each stack provides x% damage reduction" where x is the damage reduction that 450 armor would provide to your health?

Cause if so, that would both work and be cool too.  

2 hours ago, KX297 said:

How do you think a flat damage reduction would work across both health and shields?

Would you, say, figure out what the damage mitigation of 450 armor would be?

The alter the mod description to say something along the lines of "each stack provides x% damage reduction" where x is the damage reduction that 450 armor would provide to your health?

Cause if so, that would both work and be cool too.  

A direct translation would be 60%, for 450 Armor, according to the wiki: Armor. So that would be the likely starting point in calculating this. And going from Armor to straight DR is a boon against damage that is strong against Ferrite, afaik, since that is what is used to calculate Warframe Armor.

So, if the idea is to use health orbs to build that boost up, then each orb could possibly be 20% each. Otherwise consider something like: 1st Orb grants 25%, 2nd Grants 20%, last grants 15% or say 27%/22%/11%.

It would mainly depend on the metrics the devs are using, and how nuanced they'd like this to be. I imagine this mod, Health Conversion, would likely only apply to Health, if any changes are considered.