Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status questions to make the most statusy status ignis wraith.

(PSN)Yes-Man-Kablaam

Question

Ok so just thinking about doing this for fun idk maybe trying to combo it with growing power on something or condition overload melee and see what happens. I know status/sec isnt the best but ehh. Anyways. A couple questions.

1. Split chamber shows no status/sec improvement, so does it not boost it on beam types? Or does it just not show it?

2. Will Madurai activation allow me to do IPS procs with this weapon?

So far build is 3 dual elements (need electric eventually), vile acceleration, hammer shot, firestorm, sinister reach. The last two since its a group weapon i kinda figure will help out anyways. But can prolly go. Besides the 4th dual stat mod any improvements? Can only think of split chamber ot catalyzer link maaaybe.  

10 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Yes to your second question, madurai can give I/P/S to any weapon, and when using a status weapon, I'd highly recommend having only the slash bonus active. You can do some amazing things by turning nearly any weapon into a slash proc beast.

How can madurai give Ignis Wraith slash dmg when it has no slash dmg to begin with?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

1. Split chamber shows no status/sec improvement, so does it not boost it on beam types? Or does it just not show it

Multishot does not boost beam weapons as they are literally status per second as opposed to status per bullet/shot/pellet as other weapons are.  Multishot will boost damage but not status.

Also keep in mind nothing special happens above 100% status so building for anything above that is essentially pointless as far as status is concerned.

Ignis Wraith has higher status base so its easier to get to 100% with it, if you do not have a blueprint, just ask around, something may be willing to give one for free.  Beware people who believe its worth actual plat, it really is not.

As for Madurai, as others said the answer is yes but also remember it is adding to the rng of status so if you build for gas and add impact, puncture and slash, it will do one of four and thus not gas per second as you might want.  Activating only slash on madurai is good because it only adds a single extra proc and slash is useful on anything.

Sinister Reach isn't terribly needed, as ignis has a huge range already, firestorm is the same, its already hitting a wide area, its a bonus but not a necessity.

Speed trigger greatly increases status per second as well and should be all you need besides two dual stat elemental mods.

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

How can madurai give Ignis Wraith slash dmg when it has no slash dmg to begin with?

Madurai adds an amount of Slash damage equal to your base damage affected by base damage mods. It works more like a frame buff than a mod.

Kinda like how Venom Dose or Fireball Frenzy can give you specific elements.

-----

@OP The beauty of Ignis wrath is that it's both status and crit viable so I'd recommend building for different needs. Crit will be ideal for Infested or lower level enemies. Status will be ideal for Higher level Grineer / Corpus. If you have Primed Cryo Rounds, then Blast is best for Infested with Viral taking over around lvl 100. Of course Corrosive Vs Grineer and Gas Vs Corpus. There's also value in a Rad + Viral build for some situations like for CC or CPx4.  it's a very versatile weapon.

Status over 100% does have an affect on continuous weapons and continues to improve their status triggers.  This is due to how the status rate is distributed between damage ticks and what the UI is telling you is the probability of a one or more status procs within a second and not the expected status trigger per second. Which are very different things. +% status mods will improve the chance of each tick to proc while fire rate will increase the amount of ammo used and thus increase the status proc chance. Fire rate does not improve the speed of ticks while also using more ammo which makes it less productive than a +% status mod. However there is a noticeable difference in status triggers between 100% status and 164% status.

I prefer Firestorm for Ignis against lower level enemies but last I checked Sinister Reach was bugged on Wrath, giving the weapon about a 70m range. So if that's still the case it's worth considering.  For the most part  you don't really have room for either against higher level enemies unless you're just going for a CC / Debuff setup.

Edited by Xzorn

Hmm ok. Basically i am going for a debuff setup. Just wanna see how many procs i can slap on stuff. I'm away atm but i know i had around 170% status with rad as as one of my elements hoping that can lay out more procs while they get distracted.

Lastly. Will Mirage's clones essentially triple my status/sec? Or will i be able to use basically any frame?

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Hmm ok. Basically i am going for a debuff setup. Just wanna see how many procs i can slap on stuff. I'm away atm but i know i had around 170% status with rad as as one of my elements hoping that can lay out more procs while they get distracted.

Lastly. Will Mirage's clones essentially triple my status/sec? Or will i be able to use basically any frame?

Yea, each of Mirage's Clones have their own status rate based on the weapons.

I use Ignis on any number of frames. Rhino, Chroma, Mirage, Saryn. Any frame with the ability to improve damage works great. I also use it on Mesa to add some CC to her peacemaker and deal with Nullifiers more easily.

Radiation isn't usually an element that you'll need high status for. Over 100% status is best for Gas or Corrosive for the most part. Electric is decent. The other elements aren't going to make very good use of the extra status.

11 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Madurai adds an amount of Slash damage equal to your base damage affected by base damage mods. It works more like a frame buff than a mod.

Kinda like how Venom Dose or Fireball Frenzy can give you specific elements.

-----

Interesting. I might actually go for that school next.

20 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

Dunno, space magic? It literally gives I/P/S to any weapon, and even warframe abilities if I recall.

Well this sure is usefull information. Off to putting formas into my 100% status Lacera i guess. Should work rather nice on stealth frames *.*

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108