Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alertium aka Nitain Extract

ZetraThorn

Okay. Recently I've got one of my friends to get back into Warframe. Last time he played about 1.5 years ago. For the most part his feedback was positive untill he started to get all the new primes and frames he missed. He bought some plat to skip some of the grindy parts but then he hit a giant wall in a form of Nitain extracts.

I personally do not have problem with Nitain extract since I was there when they appeared so I've managed to accumulate decent amount so every time It was needed I was able to craft it. 

But my friend does not have such luxury. And funny stuff is that he can not even pay money to skip this. 

Argument that "there are 4 Nitan over 24 hours" is pointless.  Normally you can hope to get 1 per day.  And you need MUCH more than that. Most infamous example is Vauban prime which needs 20 (!!!) Nitain.
Caches in Reactor Sabotage and Lua exterminate have far too low chance of getting it. (1 Nitain from 8 runs. Just consider the amount of time you need.)

Simple solution: add Nitain to Market. 

Not too Simple solution: Get us RELIABLE way to get it without being tied to Alerts because not everyone can sit and wait for the allert to pop.

Spoiler

P.S. This is a rant. I've created this post mostly because I got fed up with my friend complaining to me about this. And he complains to me because I was the one who get him back into warframe.

nitain is literally there to be a time wall, is sole purpose is to attempt to keep you from building everything too quickly, which is fine because no matter how much one might think otherwise, nothing you need nitain for is absolutely necessary to get right away

"You probably wouldn't like the price. For example:

Consider the Ohma. The weapon sells for 200 platinum which is its "total finished value".  If you subtract the 20P for a potato, the 6P for a weapon slot, and the 35P to rush the build, then you're left the cost for the bare weapon without upgrades or QOL being 139P.   The only thing that's at all limited or hard to get on the Omha is the nitain.  It uses 4 of them.  Which means, in order to not completely defeat the purpose of the market and undercut sales from people who buy finished weapons for convenience, buyable nitain must cost at least 35 platinum each."

3 minutes ago, Momaw said:

"You probably wouldn't like the price. For example:

Consider the Ohma. The weapon sells for 200 platinum which is its "total finished value".  If you subtract the 20P for a potato, the 6P for a weapon slot, and the 35P to rush the build, then you're left the cost for the bare weapon without upgrades or QOL being 139P.   The only thing that's at all limited or hard to get on the Omha is the nitain.  It uses 4 of them.  Which means, in order to not completely defeat the purpose of the market and undercut sales from people who buy finished weapons for convenience, buyable nitain must cost at least 35 platinum each."

True. But still it would be nice to have an option. 
Or at least if the chance to get Nitain in Sabotage/Exterminate caches wasn't abysmally low.

Caches in Reactor Sabotage and Lua exterminate have far too low chance of getting it. (1 Nitain from 8 runs. Just consider the amount of time you need.)

From my experience the chances are far lower than 1/8. You're probably aware of this, just wanted to make it clear. ^^

I fail to see the issue here. An average of one Nitain per day and twenty Nitain for Vauban Prime means being able to build it within 20 days, assuming a start of 0, which is a little over two weeks.

Consider trying to build Bo Prime when you lack the Ornament as a more extreme example not needing Nitain.
Consider trying to get a rare mod to drop, e.g. Coolant Leak, Life Strike or any Bursa mod - I own neither despite literal years of grinding.
Consider farming Equinox and selling dozens of Night Aspect Neuroptics before you get a Day Aspect blueprint.

I also doubt that your friend in the meanwhile maxed out their focus trees. As a matter of fact I am reasonably certain that after grinding all the Nitain and building all the Nitain-consuming items, they still will not have. Shall this be the next complaint incoming?
... There sure are horrible grind walls in this game, but this does not seem to be one of them. What will you do when your friend wants to build Sibear?

But let us for a moment assume that all were already for sale and nothing had to be built - will your friend not quickly start to complain about... having nothing left to do in the game?

tl;dr - This is a problem that is perfectly solvable through sheer patience, while similar problems exist in the game which are not.

Edited by Zsar

17 minutes ago, Zsar said:

I fail to see the issue here.

From what I understand, the problem is not the time wall, but the fact that even though a player is willing to pay :platinum: for nitain extract, he can't - while he can buy other resources.

Nitain shouldn't appear like "the rare thing you can only get by playing". It's not like some mods, or focus, or special weapons etc.

Fair enough, I merely do not think that if Nitain were sold starting tomorrow this would actually improve the game for anyone, including the OP's friend.
After all, for all the things that can be bought, it's always "play or pay".

That written, if Nitain were sold for the sake of completeness, I would not be opposed. Consistency is usually nice.