Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova's Ridiculously Long Neck

CapricaSix

The edited one looks really skinny to me. Like waaaay too skinny. It looks like it's missing something without the stuff on her left side.

Really skinny = unconventional. A win win situation maybe? ...You'd get used to the left side in time :P

Edit: just a concept anyway, not like I'm asking the devs for exactly that. [size=2]Though I would've liked it..[/size]

Edited by CapricaSix

Really skinny = unconventional. A win win situation maybe? ...You'd get used to the left side in time :P

Edit: just a concept anyway, not like I'm asking the devs for exactly that. Though I would've liked it..

Okay.

To each their own.

But I prefer the current chubby to that Caprica. That looks. Skeletal.

Skeletal can work if it's part of the design language of the character from the start, like my Sepulchre fan frame

I just don't think it suits Nova.

That looks great, could be the next Necro Warframe maybe.

No need to exaggerate though, she doesn't look that "anorexic" :P just not as chubby, somewhere between normal and mildly skinny. I'm 40kg myself for example and can't see bones or anything.

Eeeew, those pics above she looks ANOREXIC.

Yuck.

Current model is good, 'cept the neck.

We don't need MORE anorexia in video games, kthx.

God Knows there's enough of that crap in pop culture and video games already.

Edited by Xylia

God Knows there's enough of that crap in pop culture and video games already.

Played too much Lollipop Chainsaw, did you? I hear that "crappy" argument very often lately, and because of this mentality alone, all I see is mediocre or ugly women aside from a handful of games and a horde of asian MMORPGs, it's as if people are afraid of pretty looking females {which is of course subjective, but then if you don't find it "pretty" or anything like it, then it shouldn't fit into any stereotype either eh?}. But meh, I'll settle for a neck, the rest is personal preference.

If we had a half decent customisation system though, we could just have it the way we like, either as skeletons as you say, or as floppy blobs. Shame. [Edit] Anyway, it appears I'm derailing my own thread, dropping this subject.

Edited by CapricaSix

Played too much Lollipop Chainsaw Massacre, did you? I hear that "crappy" argument very often lately, and because of this mentality alone, all I see is mediocre or ugly women aside from a handful of games and a horde of asian MMORPGs, it's as if people are afraid of pretty looking females {which is of course subjective, but then if you don't find it "pretty" or anything like it, then it shouldn't fit into any stereotype either eh?}. But meh, I'll settle for a neck, the rest is personal preference.

If we had a half decent customisation system though, we could just have it the way we like, either as skeletons as you say, or as floppy blobs. Shame.

would actually be funny if one was to make flopp blobby wf and tries to make them do wallruns, same as really small from ones, they would have reach problems.

would actually be funny if one was to make flopp blobby wf and tries to make them do wallruns, same as really small from ones, they would have reach problems.

It'd be quite fun with either I think, blob or kiddy/skinny :P especially with a maxed rush mod

Played too much Lollipop Chainsaw, did you? I hear that "crappy" argument very often lately, and because of this mentality alone, all I see is mediocre or ugly women aside from a handful of games and a horde of asian MMORPGs, it's as if people are afraid of pretty looking females {which is of course subjective, but then if you don't find it "pretty" or anything like it, then it shouldn't fit into any stereotype either eh?}. But meh, I'll settle for a neck, the rest is personal preference.

If we had a half decent customisation system though, we could just have it the way we like, either as skeletons as you say, or as floppy blobs. Shame. [Edit] Anyway, it appears I'm derailing my own thread, dropping this subject.

I've never played Lollipop Chainsaw.

How about that pic someone linked above? The one with the two people wearing "identical" armor side-by-side.

Notice anything about the woman in that picture? Look at her legs and wrists. Incredibly skinny.

Go look at some WoW screenshots. Notice anything about the arms on nearly any female race except Tauren, Pandaren, Dwarves and maybe Orcs? Skinny.

How about Final Fantasy XI or XIV? Look at their girls. Again, skinny arms and legs (except for Elvaan girls have thicker thighs than the others).

Everybody (assuming they're 5'8'') looks like they weigh about 100-120lbs. I mean, seriously, is that the ONLY body shape in existence or something?

Then something like Nova, or God Forbid, the Pandaren come along that break this model and then everybody is all going on about "WHY ARE THESE SO UGLY/FAT/ETC?" Actually I give kudos to Blizzard for not caving in to the whining about the Pandaren being "too fat"... they're freaking BEARS for goshsake.

*rolls eyes*

Here's a clue for you: Most women IRL are significantly heavier Nova is, if Nova were a human who had the same general body shape. There are all of those actresses in Hollywood, yeah. But those are hardly normal people.

Hollywood in general is setting a bad precedence for the rest of society, when every girl thinks they should be 100-120lbs to look "good" (IMO, I think that look is disgusting...).

And then you got the fact that the Tenno inside of Nova is wearing a SUIT OF ARMOR. Are you looking at the fact that there has to be room for the exo armor ontop of the Tenno's body? In that edited pic above, with the skeletal wrists.... how small would the Tenno's wrists have to be to fit inside that suit of armor? Seriously... that size of wrists are unhealthy for a normal person, let alone a person wearing an armorsuit.

Edited by Xylia

Here's a clue for you: Most women IRL are significantly heavier Nova is, if Nova were a human who had the same general body shape. There are all of those actresses in Hollywood, yeah. But those are hardly normal people.

Hollywood in general is setting a bad precedence for the rest of society, when every girl thinks they should be 100-120lbs to look "good" (IMO, I think that look is disgusting...).

And then you got the fact that the Tenno inside of Nova is wearing a SUIT OF ARMOR. Are you looking at the fact that there has to be room for the exo armor ontop of the Tenno's body? In that edited pic above, with the skeletal wrists.... how small would the Tenno's wrists have to be to fit inside that suit of armor? Seriously... that size of wrists are unhealthy for a normal person, let alone a person wearing an armorsuit.

"Most women IRL"... "disgusting skinny people"... "Nova isn't fat, just big boned and big armoured"...

I really don't have anything to counter those, can't even comprehend that mentality, I'm not those most women and neither are any of my friends, yet I don't know any actresses and supermodels either, shocking isn't it. That aside, it's an online game and we all have our preferences, my preference would be naturally making my own avatar or a character that I liked, and you're the same obviously, that's subjectivity for you. Take an example from 11.11.11 and ValhaHazred {both of them also happen to disagree with my preference without screaming and kicking} and don't be such a sour puss.

I hope the message got through because I'm not willing to go on and get the thread locked over it, now let's focus on the neck.

PS: you're right though, I could've worked a bit more on the arms/wrists. Oh well, I never expected the designers to take note of any of these images anyway.

Edited by CapricaSix

Well, my apologies with the strong tones, but seriously.

Super-Skinny girls in video games get old after awhile. They're everywhere.

When I finally see one who isn't super-skinny rise up, I always see a bunch of players calling the poor girl "fat" or "slob" or what-have-you. And it is frustrating, and irritating.

But I'll apologize anyways, since I realize I did come off a bit offensively due to the strong tone I put in my posts. It is a sore subject with me, decent looking girls are incredibly hard to find -- they are either 300+ lb whales, or they're <120lb walking skeletons. Finding anybody in-between who isn't already married is... hard as all Hell, and there's a reason why. lol.

But yes, let's focus on the neck.

And it is nice to see that you at least admit you made her arms/wrists TOO skinny. lol. I've... more opinions past that, but I'll keep em silent for now.

I suppose I'm alone in wanting a petite or child-like warframe then, or simply a shorter one, could've been fun and add more to the variety. I thought Nova was just like that when I first saw the concept art, especially with the funky kneesocks. Then finally got her ingame and she turned out to be a regular brontosaurus *cough* referring to the neck of course... Oh well, carry on :P maybe they'll add customisation sliders one day.

I suppose I'm alone in wanting a petite or child-like warframe then, or simply a shorter one, could've been fun and add more to the variety. I thought Nova was just like that when I first saw the concept art, especially with the funky kneesocks. Then finally got her ingame and she turned out to be a regular brontosaurus *cough* referring to the neck of course... Oh well, carry on :P maybe they'll add customisation sliders one day.

Well, a childlike figure wouldn't be too bad I suppose.

But she's way too tall for that. If you want her being a kid, she needs to be quite a bit shorter. Maybe trim a little off her butt, sure. Kids don't normally have huge rumps. Those fill out later.

She's way too tall to be a kid.

As for new female Warframes and shapes...

Gimme a D3 Barbarian Rhino-Type.

Heck. Yeah.

Have them specialize in heavy melee, maybe give them similar but different abilities, to make her "Rhino's Sister". Rhino is more tanky, make this girl durable, but not tanky. Give her mainly damage-dealing abilities.

As for new female Warframes and shapes...

Gimme a D3 Barbarian Rhino-Type.

Heck. Yeah.

Have them specialize in heavy melee, maybe give them similar but different abilities, to make her "Rhino's Sister". Rhino is more tanky, make this girl durable, but not tanky. Give her mainly damage-dealing abilities.

I want Ember themed male warframe and a Frost themed female warframe. :D Edited by Soapaosin