Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova's Ridiculously Long Neck

CapricaSix

As the title suggests, it looks nothing like the initial concept and allow me to say.. I hate it with a burning passion, quite disappointed after finally building her and I had even supported the original concept in contrast to all the other alternate versions made by design council members...

I was expecting to see this, quite presentable, almost cute, well done nevertheless:

xTLXHN1.jpg

Instead we get this, simply absurd, disturbing and with a mild case of goitre:

bubXGKn.jpg

And especially bad when running:

YegYphJ.jpg

It even looks like a double chin when running... the least I could do is try and cover it with pitch black colour.

ikIJgsm.jpg

I'm sorry but it looks like a bloody brontosaurus, would there be any chance of "fixing" this disturbing detail in the future? Preferably in the near future?

Bonus:

Bp3Zp4j.gif

Edit:

I guess it's pretty clear now that they aren't interested in tweaking Nova's neck despite all this feedback, it's supposed to be making her look unique as Mynki said in the livestream, but personally I think it's making her look a bit $&*&*#(%& -to put it mildly- which was apparently intentional, rather than making every warframe look "cool and boring" (quoting the DE lead concept artist from livestream #15). Shame...

No point in posting in this thread anymore I guess since DE is showing no interest whatsoever.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Edited by CapricaSix

IMHO it's that 'Adam's Apple' on her neck that makes it look like a camel's droopy neck.

Brontosaurus, camel, same thing :P lol. Looks very disturbing either way, at least to me. The slouch they all have doesn't help much either, but at least that one bit will be fixed when the new animations are in.

and also, a friend of mine said that she looks like she has breast cancer...personally think she has the worst artwork out of the whole Warframe collection

I don't really mind that "breast patch" much, at least she doesn't look like a warhammer daemonette. {they have only one breast}

Edited by CapricaSix

I personally love the porcelain doll feel, and the neck hasn't bothered me, but if it turns out that it is too long (I highly doubt it, as a modeller I know for a fact that details like that aren't something you would miss during the long hours spent working on it. It's highly likely that they drew up a model sheet based on that concept art, so I'm pretty sure it's just angles. As for the breasts, well, it's something of a touchy subject but I can't help but imagine that your friend simply doesn't like women with small breasts. That said, if the neck is "broken" then I agree wholeheartedly, but I doubt that it is.

I personally love the porcelain doll feel, and the neck hasn't bothered me, but if it turns out that it is too long (I highly doubt it, as a modeller I know for a fact that details like that aren't something you would miss during the long hours spent working on it. It's highly likely that they drew up a model sheet based on that concept art, so I'm pretty sure it's just angles. As for the breasts, well, it's something of a touchy subject but I can't help but imagine that your friend simply doesn't like women with small breasts. That said, if the neck is "broken" then I agree wholeheartedly, but I doubt that it is.

I love it too, but the neck looks crooked and long no matter which angle I look at it from. Except maybe from behind.. but that'd be ignoring the problem. The concept art seems much more "petite" in comparison, even with the lighting and the angle in mind.

@Neuhnee: I fail to see the resemblance lol. That being said, I love the cenobites. I think Saryn would fit the cenobite look better.

@Neuhnee: I fail to see the resemblance lol. That being said, I love the cenobites. I think Saryn would fit the cenobite look better.

Really? As soon as I saw her concept art  my first thought was "she looks like a Wire Twin". Maybe i'll farm one up and paint my Dethcube black and gold again. Maybe then someone will get the joke :-)

I am noticing the Tenno heavily deviate from baseline human proportions. I think it's to give them an alien "uncanny valley" feel. I still like how Nova looks and her breasts are fine.

You do know the Uncanny Valley is when things are creapy becasue the look *to* human don't you? Point in case, has Buzz Lightyear ever creaped you out before?

4ac60965-f458-a3c3_zps10aacb76.jpg

You do know the Uncanny Valley is when things are creapy becasue the look *to* human don't you? Point in case, has Buzz Lightyear ever creaped you out before?

4ac60965-f458-a3c3_zps10aacb76.jpg

And sometimes it's the other way around :P

tumblr_m8p0tmdtoz1qcw9y0o1_500.jpg

But this is all subjective of course.

No, the uncanny valley is a hypothesis in the field of aesthetics which holds that when human features look and move almost, but not perfectly, like natural human beings, it causes a response of revulsion among human observers.

I rather like Nova myself.

I see her more like... an energetic kid.

..........with deadly powers.

But... those spots on the side of her hips... draw my eyes right to her butt and I'm like "woah, no kid has a butt like that. I shouldn't even be LOOKING at her like that..."

Edited by Xylia