The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

goto gun for Mesa?

BakeMyCake

Question

What is in your opinion the best/good secondary gun for Mesa? What secondaries do you run on your Mesas?

My mesa is 3 hours from being completed, and I'd like to know what gun do you think is the most suitable. Initially I wanted to match the cowboy theme Mesa has going, so I wanted to get Vasto Prime(since it's a golden revolver), but the more I read about it the more it pales in comparison with the likes of Magnus, Lex and Marelok.

Opinions are welcome, cool screenshots would be appreciated.

220?cb=20170324230208 Hi, me is pandero. Me is monster ! Tacos filled with Crits !   

It is true that pacemaker will only take normal mods and take them effects to the pacemakers stats, so why not use as a secondary a gun that benefits from the same mods that you should use for the pacemakers? This gun has 30% 2.5x base critical so it will make you able to rain critical with both pacemakers and the gun itself (if ever run out of energy or you need to move the next objective) 

Dual Toxocyst. It's the best weapon for initial burst damage since it activates its passive at the first headshot it lands, providing really high fire rate. The weapons are really powerful on their own right as well. 

Edited by aligatorno

12 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Dual Toxocyst. It's the best weapon for initial burst damage since it activates its passive at the first headshot it lands, providing really high fire rate. The weapons are really powerful on their own right as well. 

Dude you are only half right... burst have a timer... the whole 6 sec... OMG you will do so much in 6 sec. and.. wow 5% crit chance... seriously?

OP, don't listen him, he have no idea what he is writing about.

17 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Dude you are only half right... burst have a timer... the whole 6 sec... OMG you will do so much in 6 sec. and.. wow 5% crit chance... seriously?

1. Burst means immediate, so for 6 seconds she`ll have double fire rate meaning twice the damage. Much better than any other secondary.  That on top of the 10% fire rate bonus from her passive since they are dual sidearms.

2. Exalted weapons DO NOT depend on the weapon's stats, only on its mods. The weapons could have 0 damage, 0 crit, 0 status and it would still perform exactly the same as a weapon with 1000 damage, 100% crit and 100% status as long as the exact same mods are installed. 

3. Dual Toxocyst is a status weapon, so that crit chance for the weapon itself is not important. 

4. Looks like you are the one who has no idea what he is writing about. 

Edited by aligatorno

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

1. Burst means immediate, so for 6 seconds she`ll have double fire rate meaning twice the damage. Much better than any other secondary. 

2. Exalted weapons DO NOT depend on the weapon's stats, only on its mods. The weapons could have 0 damage, 0 crit, 0 status and it would still perform exactly the same as a weapon with 1000 damage, 100% crit and 100% status as long as the exact same mods are installed. 

3. Dual Toxocyst is a status weapon, so that crit chance for the weapon itself is not important. 

Mesa's Peacemaker DO NOT benefit on Status... but crits.

1 / 1.15 / 1.33 / 1.5x (initial multiplier)
? / ? / ? / 3.75x (maximum multiplier)
125 (base damage)

Add to it Primed Pistol Gambit & Primed Target Cracker on ANY weapon and there you go... the killer. Benefits from Dual Toxocyst last for 6! second... than you have to head-shot again with them to benefit again... they are useless and slow as hell.

12 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

1. Burst means immediate, so for 6 seconds she`ll have double fire rate meaning twice the damage. Much better than any other secondary.  That on top of the 10% fire rate bonus from her passive since they are dual sidearms.

At double fire you don't even catch up to the burst damage of top tier secondaries, let alone sustained. The dual tox are fun secondaries, but they're not top tier.

Crit chance is important for peacemaker as it already starts with very good crit chances, therefore a crit weapon is better than a base damage or status weapon as the weapon will be fully effective as well as peacemaker.

26 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

If you activate Peacemaker while the bonus is on the bonus will last until you deactivate Peacemaker.

13 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Mesa's Peacemaker DO NOT benefit on Status... but crits.

1 / 1.15 / 1.33 / 1.5x (initial multiplier)
? / ? / ? / 3.75x (maximum multiplier)
125 (base damage)

Add to it Primed Pistol Gambit & Primed Target Cracker on ANY weapon and there you go... the killer. Benefits from Dual Toxocyst last for 6! second... than you have to head-shot again with them to benefit again... they are useless and slow as hell.

1. I was no implying that Peacemaker benefits off of Status, I was correcting you in implying that the weapon's crit weapon has anything to do with Peacemaker's critical chance. "wow 5% crit chance... seriously?" .Or at least that's what it looked like you implied. 

2. When you build a weapon for an exalted weapon, you build it for the right stats so of course you`ll put crit mods if the exalted scales of crit. While Dual Toxocyst is a status weapon, its raw damage can still be useful with an Exalted build. 

8 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

At double fire you don't even catch up to the burst damage of top tier secondaries, let alone sustained. The dual tox are fun secondaries, but they're not top tier.

Crit chance is important for peacemaker as it already starts with very good crit chances, therefore a crit weapon is better than a base damage or status weapon as the weapon will be fully effective as well as peacemaker.

As I told TheMoon85 above, when you build a weapon for an Exalted, you put the mods that would benefit it the most, ergo wether you use DT or AKStilettoP or Lex Or Aklex, you`ll use the exact same mods to get the most out of Peacemaker . What I was trying to say is that Dual Toxocyst will always have an edge over any secondary when it comes to burst damage because of its passive, after those 6 seconds, they are all on even ground if they have the same mods. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, Eathian said:

If you activate Peacemaker while the bonus is on the bonus will last until you deactivate Peacemaker.

I was under the impression this bug was fixed pretty rapidly? Also I've never really found fire rate to be a problem with peacemaker-bring a fully modded gun and it kills everything anyway.
You could mod your Toxocyst for crit I guess, but that makes them even worse in themselves, and my instinct says that the damage boost from fully crit-modded peacemaker is more than 2x anyway.

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

1. I was no implying that Peacemaker benefits off of Status, I was correcting you in implying that the weapon's crit weapon has anything to do with Peacemaker's critical chance. "wow 5% crit chance... seriously?" .Or at least that's what it looked like you implied. 

2. When you build a weapon for an exalted weapon, you build it for the right stats so of course you`ll put crit mods if the exalted scales of crit. While Dual Toxocyst is a status weapon, its raw damage can still be useful with an Exalted build. 

As I told TheMoon85 above, when you build a weapon for an Exalted, you put the mods that would benefit it the most, ergo wether you use DT or AKStilettoP or Lex Or Aklex, you`ll use the exact same mods to get the most out of Peacemaker . What I was trying to say is that Dual Toxocyst will always have an edge over any secondary when it comes to burst damage because of its passive, after those 6 seconds, they are all on even ground if they have the same mods. 

Except it doesn't have an advantage in burst damage because initial stats are too low. At double fire rate it doesn't catch up to the top tier secondaries even assuming the toxocyst are properly modded, in which case they're not properly modded for Peacemaker.

Unless you're talking about the above bug in which case see above post.

Edited by SolarDwagon

2 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Except it doesn't have an advantage in burst damage because initial stats are too low. At double fire rate it doesn't catch up to the top tier secondaries even assuming the toxocyst are properly modded, in which case they're not properly modded for Peacemaker.

The weapons's stats have no effect on the Peacemaker or any other Exalted for that. They ONLY take the mods into account, the weapon is just a holder. Each exalted weapon has its own stats which are affected by both warframe mods and the appropiate weapon type mods.  

Edited by aligatorno

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

The weapons's stats have no effect on the Peacemaker on any other Exalted for that. They ONLY take the mods into account, the weapon is just a holder. Each exalted weapon has its own stats. 

I am well aware of this. So peacemaker is just as good with crit modded dual tox as critmodded akstilletos. But if you're NOT using peacemaker, the former suck donkey; and the latter are brokenly good. Hence I bring, and recommend, the latter.

Unless you're trying (and failing) to tell me that the above bug IS still in existence in which case you can have a better peacemaker vs much, much better secondaries. Given that most of the time peacemaker kills everything in fractions of a second even at significant levels... I'd much rather have a secondary I can use anyway.

Edited by SolarDwagon

Just now, SolarDwagon said:

I am well aware of this. So peacemaker is just as good with crit modded dual tox as critmodded akstilletos. But if you're NOT using peacemaker, the former suck donkey; and the latter are brokenly good. Hence I bring the latter.

True, but for me since I barely use secondaries, DT are the safer bet.  

Dual Toxocyst can buff Peacemaker for 6 seconds, but you cannot trigger the buff while in Peacemaker, so you'd have to drop out of Peacemaker every 6 seconds, get a headshot to refresh the buff, then go back in. Not only is this annoying, but it also limits the damage output of your Peacemaker, since you're pretty much always in the ramping-up stage of it's fire rate. 

As for Dual Toxocyst being a Status Weapon, that doesn't matter. Regulators have their own stats. Just like it doesn't matter if the weapon Mesa has equipped is a Crit weapon, it doesn't matter if the weapon she has equipped is a Status weapon. None of the stats on the weapon affect the Regulator Pistols at all.

OP, the general strategy for modding your Secondary weapon is to mod for crit. Regulator Pistols have 25% Crit Chance, but only 10% Status, so they're Crit weapons. While you could put Crit mods on any weapon, it's best to put them on a weapon that actually benefits from them. My personal weapon is the Pandero. Not only does it have 30% Crit Chance and a 2.5x multiplier, it's got an Alternate Fire mode that unleashes all of the ammo left in it's magazine at once. This is great against Nullifiers, as Peacemaker won't target them; they and enemies who are in the Nullifier bubble can't be hit by Peacemaker. What you do, then, is drop out of Peacemaker, use Alt-fire to get rid of the bubble, pop off another shot or two to kill the Nullifier if they didn't die in the burst, then go back into Peacemaker to finish off the rest of the group.

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

True, but for me since I barely use secondaries, DT are the safer bet.  

Like I said, unless I'm wrong and the bug is still in game, DT create no better a peacemaker than any other critmodded weapon. So you can have a good peacemaker and donkey weapon, or good peacemaker and good weapon. No point in the former.

31 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Like I said, unless I'm wrong and the bug is still in game, DT create no better a peacemaker than any other critmodded weapon. So you can have a good peacemaker and donkey weapon, or good peacemaker and good weapon. No point in the former.

I think you are underestimating DT a little too much. Even with the Exalted build that I use [Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Hornet Strike, Primed Target Cracker / Jolt [*need one more forma to fit in an another 90% elem] , Pathogen Rounds , Anemic Agility, Pistol Gambit [I have to get my hands on the primed version soon], it can still take out Lvl 120 Corrupted Heavy Gunners/ Corrupted Bombards/ Corpus Tech in about 7 seconds with no buffs whatsoever. Of course this is simulacrum testing, but the point is that it can still hit like a truck even without the right build. 

Do keep in mind that since it's not a shotgun, the high multishot increases the status chance a lot , up to 70% to be more exact. With Jolt/Scorch, it's at 90% meaning that it will proc like crazy while the passive is activate. Once you get the hang of it, it's rather easy to hit those headshots. With my full status and riven build, it's even more a beast. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 hour ago, THeMooN85 said:

when your in PM mode with the buff its active until you deactivate PM....(YES THIS STILL WORKS, i literally use it every day)

then again, it SEEMS like they MAY have finally fixed it....it can never tell to be honest as i still fire as fast even when the buff does stop.

Edited by Kalvorax