Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DO all pistols jump around?

kamain42

Question

Hi ,

Very sorry for the newbie question. DO all pistols jump around?

I just bought a basic pistol that shoots a three shot burst that moves upwards. DO all pistols jump up? I'm not looking for dead accuracy; I just don't like my cursor jumping around. Desired playstyle. Good accuracy; good firing rate. no cursor  jumping I don't mind reload time or mag size. I can mod that later.

9 answers to this question

Give the vasto, akvasto (and later on vasto prime) a try.

Also twin grakatas surprisingly have little/no recoil (they're generally just really amazing especially for MR 0)

Other options are any thrown weapon, and any continuous beam weapon.

Edited by rapt0rman

If you are looking for a rambo style weapon with no recoil, jump around the enemies, single targetting, Gammacor is best for you. You will get the Bluprint in some junction or from the market.

Also, Synoid Gammacor can be obtained from Cephalon Suda Syndicate. It has advantages but the problem is the ammo disposition. High fire rate and you might run out of ammo.

You can also get Sonicor. AoE damage and good CC weapon when you are cornered.

No, not all pistols have high recoil. Sicarus has high recoil. There are other kinds of pistols that have good accuracy and a good firing rate. But I can't really name any on the top of my head. But you can go into the wiki or Warframe's codex to find a weapon that suits your playstyle.

10 minutes ago, kamain42 said:

Hi ,

Very sorry for the newbie question. DO all pistols jump around?

I just bought a basic pistol that shoots a three shot burst that moves upwards. DO all pistols jump up? I'm not looking for dead accuracy; I just don't like my cursor jumping around. Desired playstyle. Good accuracy; good firing rate. no cursor  jumping I don't mind reload time or mag size. I can mod that later.

What you have in mind is called recoil. Unfortunately yes, many secondaries have this, and it can be reduced with a mod called Steady Hands. Usually pistols have more than the Primary Weapons since they are usually held with one hand instead of two. But there are also recoilless pistols out there as well.

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Give the vasto, akvasto (and later on vasto prime) a try.

Vasto Prime actually has high recoil, so it's bad for what he desires.

1. If you mean do all pistols have kick, then no, some like beam pistols (most of which are garbage) do not really.  But yes, many guns in this game have kick/recoil.  The same goes for most games.
  2. If you are talking about the sicarius... then yes, I believe that has a larger than normal recoil.
  3. you can reduce recoil via mods.
  4. accuracy =/= cursor jumping around.  Accuracy in this game means basically how close to the cursor the shot is, recoil is... well... how much the guns kicks.  This is excellently shown with the Grakata which has great accuracy but has such a large recoil due to its recoil/shot and fire rate that it is actually laughable.
  5. I understand that this is a playstyle decision, but you should get used to recoil and such because you are really blocking off many great guns.  The Lex and Lex Prime are great examples.  They hit like a truck, but have a larger recoil that can easily be handled by basic shot pacing.

28 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Huh, so it does... I guess I'm just used to countering it.

Vasto is single shot, which always makes it less noticeable for me. The three shot burst of the Sicarus really amplifies the effect.