The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Impossibility?

Hey, first time posting here and getting involved on the forums because I have a question. (Please be gentle)

I've been playing Warframe for the best part of two years on and off and clocked in a pretty significant amount of hours (1700+)
And in that time I've accrued a lot of gear; resources, weapons and frames etc, that has taken a long time to farm, make and build.
I have 31 frames all with reactors, a heap of many forma'd weapons with catalysts, thousands of mods and huge amount of endo etc.

But I have the opportunity to make the jump to PC pretty soon and the prospect of losing all this progress and starting again frankly, is daunting to say the least. As it probably does to all players with significant progress in the game.
From my brief research in the forums on this topic, the only thing people are discussing about is people wanting their content from PC put to their Xbox one. (Which is a total mystery in itself)

But no one is talking about Xbox one content to PC. Apologies if the discussion is out there and I haven't seen it, as I am very new to this forum and I'm having problems navigating around.

I love this game, dearly. I haven't agreed with quite a few of DE's decisions along the time I've played, but I still love this game.
And I want to continue playing and loving this game, just on PC.

Is there seriously no chance of this happening? I mean, there must be a bunch of people who want this right? Be it Xbox to PC, or PS4 to PC. 
There has to be a legitimate problem why this hasn't happened right?

P.s apologies about the essay, Clem made me do it.

Yep, this has come up before. Generally people will tell you that it's an issue on Sony/Microsoft's end, some kind of legal shenanigans about them not wanting it for reasons. Probably because it'd cost them players if people could just jump ship whenever.

I do not know if that is the reason or not, but that is what people say. Case in point, watt4hem just before me.

I know it sucks but think of this as a new opportunity. Think of the new experiences of starting over on a new platform. To see this world from the eyes of a fresh player. To work through your challenges with new people, some just like yourself, others even newer then yourself. Old places, new faces, and plenty of new friends to make. Hang in there tenno. I'm sure you'll do just fine. 

I thnk you need to direct this question to DE. Afterall they are the ones owning the physical servers that store your data.

In theory account transfer should be possible. However, depending on how DE does things, it can either be quick and easy or long and meticulous.

Then there's also the whole thing of whether they want to set the precident of this...

Just now, BakeMyCake said:

I thnk you need to direct this question to DE. Afterall they are the ones owning the physical servers that store your data.

In theory account transfer should be possible. However, depending on how DE does things, it can either be quick and easy or long and meticulous.

Then there's also the whole thing of whether they want to set the precident of this...

Iirc when they struck the deal with Sony and Microsoft they told us the limitations that were set. One such limitation is that console to pc will never be possible. 

Just now, Miser_able said:

Iirc when they struck the deal with Sony and Microsoft they told us the limitations that were set. One such limitation is that console to pc will never be possible. 

I was speaking purely of the technical side of things. Didn't know there are legal restrictions in place.

21 minutes ago, BakeMyCake said:

I was speaking purely of the technical side of things. Didn't know there are legal restrictions in place.

Yea. Even if it were possible sony and Microsoft wouldn't allow it because it would lose them money and DE can't do it on their own or it would be a breach of contract. Personally I hope those 2 settle their differences and allow cross play and dual platform accounts but as of now it is only an impossibility. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Phrygian Chaos said:

But no one is talking about Xbox one content to PC. Apologies if the discussion is out there and I haven't seen it, as I am very new to this forum and I'm having problems navigating around.

Just so you're aware, there is actually a thread in the General forum (where this thread exists)...