The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wish DE would try harder on their skins like other people do

Savvii

2 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

None of the Tennogen or Ignus' designs fit with warframe's original style, so I'm gonna have to disagree almost completely.

Wait, Warframe had an original style? Are you referring to the spandex and clay textures of yore? Because if that was the original you're referring to, I'm more than happy to abandon it.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Warframe style has always been power ranger suits with weird patterns and some cloth, The only designs I would call not fitting to the Warframe aesthetic would be the Deluxe skins, outside of the Graxx skins and a few others, most of tennogen just delivers shiny/well made immortal skins with really good helmets.

But now that someone mentioned that most Deluxe skins are mostly made by Ignus, We aren't really seeing designs from DE outside of the original/prime frame they make and the syandana/armor set that comes every month or so.  I would love if they just bring 1 or 2 guys from the team to show us cosmetics that they've planned in the future.

I would partially agree. Some skins looks awesome, especially the older ones. 
The new deluxe skins are kind of dull and out of character, to me at least. 
We need more epic-like looking with maintaining the character theme, rather than literally fashion. 

They cannot design every thing to be very nice, else there will have no room for tennogen and that will mean less involved with the community for PR wise, and also less business thingy somehow... lol

I've played the game for a while and at the start I only spent plat when I got a coupon for cosmetics or when I just tired of the grind when we had keys. If they put more time in cosmetics they would be making a lot of money as every tennogen release has forced me to blow through what was just slowly building up over time. I mean, why is Excalibur the only one with a prisma skin? While a lot of the immortal skins are rendered useless because of the tennogen releases, they still can look good on prime frames, like the vauban immortal skin for example. I don't know about "Trying harder" but I do know they could be making some more money if every frame had an immortal skin that gives their prime variants a new look for those who love the original design and just want a touch of color variation and again the prisma skin example I mentioned already.

22 hours ago, Savvii said:

I would actually have something to use my plat on than slots or potatos

Well they do otherwise tennogen wouldn't be a thing, my best guess is that they don't have a lot of time to spare for those otherwise deluxe skins would be coming out every other week or so and all the frames minus octavia and nidus would have their deluxe skins by now.

So lets be happy De decided to let tennogen be a thing especially since mynk left.

Eh, the only deluxe skin that I felt that wasn't up there was Loki's, didn't feel that much different and some textures are meh.

I actually find Nova's Deluxe rather good, but it's one of those that you either love or hate, but the skin itself isn't bad and due to it's cultural influences it does make sense that, even though people might hate it, it has colors all over it and that it screams COLORS at you. The skin also had plenty of sculpting and has nice details.

Banshee's lost a bit of it's charm when it didn't get that sweet, thin and torn cloth and got something much thicker that took part of the charm away, the arm piece being different also was a shame but overall it's a nice skin.

Tennogen skins have a lot less restrictions and they did express that on the devstream, how the Tennogen skins aren't exactly policed to make sense lorewise, they let the creators be a bit more wild about it and it works just fine.

It's not really a contest and people liking the tennogen skins is what you'd expect when you make a program like this, you make it and expect good things to get out of it and not just "inferior to yours" things, it's what lets that program be a great opportunity to the creators to show what they can do and perhaps even open doors for them to do even more.

Uh, you do know that the art and design teams makes everything in game, not just skins, while under huge time and design contraints.  They also have other contraints that limits what they can or cannot do in game.  Meanwhile Tennogen artists only have to focus skin and helmet model and they have pretty much as much time as they need or want to refine their work.  Not to mention Tennogen artists don't need to worry about probelms with animation, clipping,and other technical or less visible issues of getting assets into the game.

Without the art and design team there wouldn't be assets for the Tennogen artists to work with. As an artist, I know the artists in DE wouldn't be 100% happy with what they got in game, and if they have more time, I am sure they would want to go back to tweak or completely change things. We actually do see things being changed and improved constantly art-wise, but, again, they are under pressure to make new assets all the time so they can't fix or perfect everything they want.

I agree that having more cosmetics from DE is always a good thing, but people really need to take into consideration the circumstances beyond a pretty skin.