Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about Chroma

(XBOX)JoshxCarmine

I'd like to drop some ideas about chroma. And mostly because I have a personal attachment to him. Being my so-so first, Mostly looking at his kit...is no secret that chroma is all about his Elemental ward/vex armor. Although there "in my opinion" very good abilities...in solo. I feel that having a taunt on vex armor would help him considerably as a team support frame and at the same time making him more effective. I'm not a 100% sure if this would brake him, but letting him refresh his elemental/vex and keeping his % at the same time, But only if is still active. At the cost of more energy, maybe? So...is about time effigy got some love. I want to say that it should not "dun" dun" dunnnn" cost energy or have a one time cost with a duration. The fact that you lose 50% armor and gain 20% movement, doesn't seem like a fair trade. Yeah yeah you get the credit drop chance and increase credit multiplies but I'd rather have a bigger reason to trade half my armor then credits. AND is you're 4. Having no energy cost would give people a reason to use it and I don't know. Maybe make it follow you or something. I have nothing specific to add to spectral scream yet. Any ideas are welcome and you never now DE may change him especially after his deluxe skin has landed. Because dame I love the skin, maybe not the shoulders though...

Just now, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

I don't remember what it is called sadly, but there is a mod that lets you taunt basically when you block with your sword and shield.

Yeah. I just feel like it should be a built in feature considering his vex relies on taking damage.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

I don't remember what it is called sadly, but there is a mod that lets you taunt basically when you block with your sword and shield.

Guardian Derision and Electromagnetic Shielding.

I originally put this thread is the wrong category ...sorry, but anyway I'd like to drop some ideas about chroma. And mostly because I have a personal attachment to him. Being my so-so first, Mostly looking at his kit...is no secret that chroma is all about his Elemental ward/vex armor. Although there "in my opinion" very good abilities...in solo. I feel that having a taunt on vex armor would help him considerably as a team support frame and at the same time making him more effective. I'm not a 100% sure if this would brake him, but letting him refresh his elemental/vex and keeping his % at the same time, But only if is still active. At the cost of more energy, maybe? So...is about time effigy got some love. I want to say that it should not "dun" dun" dunnnn" cost energy or have a one time cost with a duration. The fact that you lose 50% armor and gain 20% movement, doesn't seem like a fair trade. Yeah yeah you get the credit drop chance and increase credit multiplies but I'd rather have a bigger reason to trade half my armor then credits. AND is you're 4. Having no energy cost would give people a reason to use it and I don't know. Maybe make it follow you or something. I have nothing specific to add to spectral scream yet. Any ideas are welcome and you never now DE may change him especially after his deluxe skin has landed. Because dame I love the skin, maybe not the shoulders though...

I've heard ideas about his 1 allowing you to toggle between elements. Some of them while keeping it's current channeling effect. 

I find it a pretty good idea to do it like that, maybe press to switch and hold to channel. Outside of that I'd suggest a range and status chance increase on all the elements of his 1.

2 is fine, but would switch depending on the element chosen for his 1.

3 Imo it could either be on a refreshable timer or be a drain ability. Atm I personally find Chroma fun, but a horribly inconsistent tank that needs arcane barrier/guardian to help or you have a chance of dying while trying to recharge your 3. I don't think it should be this way. (I don't personally use arcanes)

I don't want to look down at the timer to know when I'll have to worry about losing all my buffs (personally I only care about the armor buff and not the dmg one) and having to go back in at the risk of potentially going down.

4. Imo it should receive the armor it takes away, some people tells me it receives the armor it takes away, some people tell me it doesn't and the wiki has no opinion on this.

I tested it against 4 lv120 corrupted heavy gunners and it died just as fast as with vex armor on (and charged with self dmg hikous) as without.

I think the drain should just be much much lower and about it moving imo it shouldn't because then you're relying double on the AI, not just for cc/damage, but also additionally where it decides to position itself while doing its thing.

Edited by Madway7

He's up for a rework after Oberon apparently, so his changes are pretty close.

I guess the main changes everyone wants is a lower Energy Drain on Effigy, an actually strong 1, some refreshability in Vex Armor and a more universally good Elemental Ward, wherein all of his elements have a use. That, and the ability to switch element types on the fly so they aren't based on your Energy Color, allowing Chroma to get an actual Passive.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

You could have had the original thread moved by selecting "Report Post" in your OP, and in the comment box, request it be moved to the proper section (Helps if you specify what section).

This is essentially double posting, as your original thread still exists.

"Mission failed, we'll get em' next time".

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

I guess the main changes everyone wants is a lower Energy Drain on Effigy, an actually strong 1, some refreshability in Vex Armor and a more universally good Elemental Ward, wherein all of his elements have a use. That, and the ability to switch element types on the fly so they aren't based on your Energy Color, allowing Chroma to get an actual Passive.

I'm a little worried that we have to wait for a prime before it happens. But here's to hoping

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

What's your source for the first statement? 

I would imagine Hydroid is next due to possible being the next prime following Oberon. Or maybe Zephyr.

Only thing I heard about DE and Chroma was them changing back how the calculations for his 3 worked because the new way they set it up caused a bug where the dmg buff would reduce your damage instead of increasing it.

Edit: His passive would likely end up being faster stagger recovery or immunity to staggers or faster status recovery.

But yeah anything is better than the non passive he has atm.

Edited by Madway7

39 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

What's your source for the first statement? 

It's in "Chroma Changes" near the end of the Vex Armor fix, actually.

"At some point in Chroma's future we will need to revisit and use ideal methods for his Abilities; we will inform you well in advance when Chroma is under review. As you may or may not know, Oberon is currently under review at this time!"

I am not a massive warframe player so I can't exactly give some full educated breakdown, so feel free to ignore my blunt impressions.

However my biggest disappointment with Chroma is that some elements, and his breath attack and turret armor are all awesome....but they suck in any practical use. I would be happy just seeing his other elements and all his abilities be useful, instead of just his 2 and 3 and his ice elemental. The warframe is basically supposed to have dragon breath- yet that is probably his worst ability I mean come on!

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

It's in "Chroma Changes" near the end of the Vex Armor fix, actually.

"At some point in Chroma's future we will need to revisit and use ideal methods for his Abilities; we will inform you well in advance when Chroma is under review. As you may or may not know, Oberon is currently under review at this time!"

Ah ok. When that was in the pc updates someone made a thread about it asking if it meant a Chroma rework was planned, I think DE responded with something along the lines of "no, it's just that we're working on how his 3 does calculations because how we're doing it atm is not optimal".

I can't find the thread atm, but I remember seeing the DE reply soon after it was posted.