The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime

291?cb=20150223022507I have been playing Warframe on PS4 since it's release, and I am thoroughly pleased with the community and the development team as far as content release and such. I must say I have never truly been dissatisfied until now. Oberon is my personal favorite Warframe, both visually and ability based,  and I am ecstatic with his rework. However, leaked images of Oberon Prime have surfaced giving him the resemblance of a bull, which is a major disappointment considering his domain is the forest. His original model was that of a stag with antlers, which makes sense. It also seems as if his new model was hastely put together almost within a matter of a day without any thought or effort. His look should be more regal, befitting of a woodland paladin. Prime Access as well is normally a coveted thing, everyone wants it and some like myself are lucky enough to buy it. But with an already unpopular frame like Oberon, there should be a reason for wanting to purchase such a frame visually. It is a bad move to put such a lackluster effort into a frame and expect it to earn money, and more importantly, please the fanbase. I encourage you to look at some YouTube videos about the leak and see the comments.

Edited by (PS4)VentusLoire
Leaked content

There you go.

I think he's ugly as sin, personally, too. He's also my main frame, always has been, always will be. I'm gonna give him a repaint when he comes out, though, since I felt the same way about Valkyr until I messed with her for a little while (hated her design, ended up loving it).

4 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

but his original helmet is not that alike to a deer, the other ones are more like an antilope and the other like an insect, why is a bull out of consideration?

They're all supposed to look somewhat like deer and goats. Bulls aren't really within the same category.

Essentially he goes from being Deer God to Bull Satan.

6 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

but his original helmet is not that alike to a deer, the other ones are more like an antilope and the other like an insect, why is a bull out of consideration?

I would say it is, it isn't just his head, he even has hooves. I digress, all of those things have one thing in common... The forest. I would be astranged to find a bull in the forest, I think it would be better used on inaros.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

They're all supposed to look somewhat like deer and goats. Bulls aren't really within the same category.

Essentially he goes from being Deer God to Bull Satan.

But it reminisce more of the helmets of the Teutonic knight order, reinforcing his knightly visuals, 

Just now, Pavelord said:

But it reminisce more of the helmets of the Teutonic knight order, reinforcing his knightly visuals, 

Yeah, that's fine, except that he's been given paladin skills and a druidic appearance. He has two looks that are more nature themed and now his prime is meant to look more like a knightly thing?

It's inconsistent.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Yeah, that's fine, except that he's been given paladin skills and a druidic appearance. He has two looks that are more nature themed and now his prime is meant to look more like a knightly thing?

It's inconsistent.

200% agreed

32 minutes ago, (PS4)VentusLoire said:

I encourage you to look at some YouTube videos about the leak and see the comments.

I'd rather wait until the official release and complain then.  Until that time, this is barely feedback, just idle discussion and overt complaints over something not even yet in the game.

BTW, this is not a megathread, a tag which you should not be using, also there are no spoilers, because you are referencing leaked datamined content, not official content in the game, datamined stuff can change, not to mention tagging all 3 platforms is exactly like tagging none of them, since no tags means everyone.  

I never understood the reasoning behind using every tag as some type of attention grab.  Very surprised you didn't include PSA.

Edited by Xekrin

12 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It's inconsistent.

I´m trying to remember but wasn´t the druid theme more incidental, I believe in a stream Rebbeca mentioned that it looked rather druidic, but officially its a paladin, he has a deluxe skin that favors this nature theme, now he has one that favors the paladin. Is just took turns from one visual to another, so I wouldn´t call it inconsistent. Last week we had a topic in the forum asking DE to see him as a druid, they have now taken a stance he is a paladin/knigth.

Edited by Pavelord
fix typos

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I'd rather wait until the official release and complain then.  Until that time, this is barely feedback, just idle discussion and overt complaints over something not even yet in the game.

BTW, this is not a megathread, a tag which you should not be using, also there are no spoilers, because you are referencing leaked datamined content, not official content in the game, datamined stuff can change, not to mention tagging all 3 platforms is exactly like tagging none of them, since no tags means everyone.  

I never understood the reasoning behind using every tag as some type of attention grab.  Very surprised you didn't include PSA.

This is my first post, I am not 100% certain as to what I am doing, I think I clicked on megathread by accident. Anyways, although this may not be seen by the devs, isn't that the point of making a notice? To solve something before it becomes an issue?

Just now, (PS4)VentusLoire said:

This is my first post, I am not 100% certain as to what I am doing, I think I clicked on megathread by accident. Anyways, although this may not be seen by the devs, isn't that the point of making a notice? To solve something before it becomes an issue?

do not worry, they see everything, they just don´t have the time to adress personally all post.

I agree. Even he got a bit buffed, Oberon is still a unpopular mediocre frame, but at least his default visual design is good and people expect his Prime version to be the most handsome frame, yet DE made him look stupid, especially when he got Silva&Aegis Prime in his hands... Triple stupid :facepalm:

Edited by Doomerang

You can always use skins, Both will function perfectly well on Oberon.

Also, such an unpopular frame, that's the whole reason why Sybaris Prime is in there, Hydroid Prime will Probably get god tier weapons "shipped" (hah) with him to make up for his lackluster playerbase.

28 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

I´m trying to remember but wasn´t the druid theme more incidental, I believe in a stream Rebbeca mentioned that it looked rather druidic, but officially its a paladin, he has a deluxe skin that favors this nature theme, now he has one that favors the paladin. Is just took turns from one visual to another, so I wouldn´t call it inconsistent. Last week we had a topic in the forum asking DE to see him as a druid, they have now taken a stance he is a paladin/knigth.

Full druid was incidental, yes, but his base frame is basically a tree with antlers. Even the statue that he's associated with is him standing near a tree.

He's always been a paladin with a druidic design, no matter how hard they've tried to shoehorn in him whatever direction. Taking full knightly now, for his prime, is strange and inconsistent with his previous designs.

13 minutes ago, Diarmut said:

You can always use skins, Both will function perfectly well on Oberon.

Also, such an unpopular frame, that's the whole reason why Sybaris Prime is in there, Hydroid Prime will Probably get god tier weapons "shipped" (hah) with him to make up for his lackluster playerbase.

But I don't want to have to use skins is my point