Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbiter reorganization is NEEDED

ZiKi1705

Hi all

Well i have a pet peeve.. that i have to share..

I dont rly like how interior in our home ship, Orbiter, is organized.

Most of the stuff is good, but 2 things i have issues with.. Pets and Archwings... 

so Pets need their own room... id like to customize edit and select Pets but let them all be in a cage of some sorts.. and if you wish to use it, have the same recovery time etc.

having to look at them can actually tickle you to use them... as ofc Sentinels are 2 times better (Vacuum, medirays) making these mods across the companions would most definitely increase the usage of Pets.

and getting to archwing arsenal is just a nuisance.. having to go through one menu to get to it was ok when the orbiter was small..

theres a perfect place for it... right behind the arsenal slot.. in from of the Transferance rooms door

Id love to hear what other people say about this... :D

Edit: thanks for correcting me <3

Edited by OnyX1705

Firstly, you dont live in a Liset, you live in the Orbiter, the Liset where the Market, Codex and Starchart is located, is that small object in the front of the Orbiter with the cyan lights around it.
FRAGMENT_29_ORBITER.png

Secondly, i feel its abit claustrophobic in that compartment where we have arsenal, foundry, mod and pet consoles but regarding Archwing i see no issues as it is.
Regarding Pets having their own room, i would agree with it tho that last door that we havent had access to yet probably leads to another segment of the Orbiter and if Pets got their own room it would be at the end of a corridor there, which means it would be further from your arsenal.

The pets having a room makes more since to me than the infested door being tied to a single pet with no other use, and being locked behind a frame.

I know, DEs probably going to use the room for the arm cannons or something. i gotta be honest, the arm cannons, in my opinion, are a horrible idea. Its just another subsystem thing that they can create without tying it in well, lore wise or mechanically, and then move on to the next little project. Maybe a year or two after release it might actually get reworked to tie in. The development time could be used for things we as players actually ask for and want to see. Good example, instead of figuring out how arm cannons will or wont work with the new duel weiding, figure out whats up with umbras.

I personally wish that it was a multipurpose room with pets. As far as helminth, he would still be in tanks in that room, and able to help make a charger, but get rid of the cyst and the chair. The "big reveal" of whats behind the infested door was wasted on something incredibly lackluster. It doesnt open up possiblities. Everything about that room could be done without it and without wasting that space. Turn the cyst into an item that matures for 7 days before u can use it instead of an eyesore that acts the same. No need for the chair just a spot to interact with helminth.

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius

Pets with their own room could be a possible future. Also archwings arsenal with its own room could also be possible.

Personally I can't wait till we can visit our squads Orbiters. Because when we are docked at our own Orbiter so is our squad, but when we look out of our Lisset we don't see our squad docked at their Orbiter. we can't see each other's Orbiters when we are docked at ours and in a squad....it's weird, and can be misleading. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

I'm getting a vibe from DE that they more care about quantity instead of quality of the things they ship out... so many new frames.. weapons.. pets and sentinels... and yet... 

I know DE kinda wants something that looks like WoW because it has big audience but the game does not need to be a grind to be good..

as I don't ask for fundamental changes, Pet room and archwing arsenal should be long implemented... if DE of course thinks of them as real part of the game.. not a random project that was not meant to work or draw people in.. I personally like archwing.. but I dislike the limited mission options.. and pets.. well I like to think that they got an indirect nerf due to sentinels being able to use Vacuum... there is one easy solution to sentinels vs archwings... its REALLY REALLY simple... just implement vacuum to be a WARFRAME PASSIVE.. for EVERY FRAME.. that way.. when you choose a companion you wont be instantly dragged into sentinels.. also.. i rly HATE the idea that SENTINELS have WEAPONS... I propose this... when you're choosing companions first you wanna ask yourself.. aggressive or defensive? If you lack damage and choose an aggressive companion.. get a Pet.. kubrow or kavat... if you want something defensive.. go for sentinels.. their name is SENTINELS which means a guard, a defender.. remove weapons from them...I already don't use weapons on them.. Sentinels should be divided in 2 groups.. Healing and Utility...

I could go more in depth with my idea on Pets vs Sentinels but there needs to be a difference and they need to have a ROLE! not just vacuuming and mastery...

Edited by OnyX1705

On 5/20/2017 at 11:19 PM, Elvangreen said:

^ all this and we only have 1 main area and 2 side rooms......

I think mostly it is storage and machines. Very little living area required for a single 10o, needing only access terminals for all the things and apparently the prime throne room to display the ego and edge... to nobody?

Edited by Zookes