Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we return the tigris alt-fire?

(PSN)froggy_1999

A while back ago, the Tigris had an unintentional feature where it had an Alt-fire option that would only fire one shot without having to hold the button to reserve the second, and this was awesome! To me, it made the weapon more fun for some reason, and I was really bummed when they took that feature out. Is there any reason why? It would be awesome if we could have that back... anyone else?

But why? Just hold the trigger and reload or melee or roll if you don't want to waste the second shot. Generally I find that both shots can deal tremendous amounts of damage, even if the first shot insta-gibs your original target the second shot gets everything behind them

4 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

But why? Just hold the trigger and reload or melee or roll if you don't want to waste the second shot.

With the alt fire, you don't need to hold the trigger and reload or melee or roll. Isn't that convenient?

Edited by yles9056

4 hours ago, yles9056 said:

With the alt fire, you don't need to hold the trigger and reload or melee or roll. Isn't that convenient?

Because it will kill the whole feel of the Tigris as a double barrel shotgun if you make the main trigger always shoot both barrels and have an alt-fire only shoot one barrel

1 hour ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Because it will kill the whole feel of the Tigris as a double barrel shotgun if you make the main trigger always shoot both barrels and have an alt-fire only shoot one barrel

Nobody says the primary fire mode should be changed. It will remain duplex auto.

What we want is to add single shot alt fire. That's it. Everything else remains the same.

Edited by yles9056

1 hour ago, yles9056 said:

Nobody says the primary fire mode should be changed. It will remain duplex auto.

What we want is to add single shot alt fire. That's it. Everything else remains the same.

And again, why? Both shots are necessary for spongy enemies, good for crowds, and if your aim is potato the second burst can kill the thing you just whiffed on with a shotgun, which happens to me a lot more than I'd like to admit. Not getting any younger and the controller I'm using isn't either. Need to get a new one

Mostly the good Tigris builds have no punch-thru. You have 2 shots only and many times the first shot will kill anything under your aim. Duplex fire is not convenient for the times there are many big targets close to each other.

Also you lose nothing from having the semi-auto alt fire. Alt fire is optional for you. Why do you dislike this so much if you lose nothing and others maybe enjoy it?

42 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

And again, why? Both shots are necessary for spongy enemies, good for crowds, and if your aim is potato the second burst can kill the thing you just whiffed on with a shotgun, which happens to me a lot more than I'd like to admit. Not getting any younger and the controller I'm using isn't either. Need to get a new one

I don't get it. Alt fire is optional. If you don't like single shot mode, then don't press alt fire button. It's not like the game will force you to use alt fire. The way you use Tigris is totally unaffected.

How does alt fire mode affect your gameplay if you only use primary fire mode?

Edited by yles9056

2 hours ago, yles9056 said:

I don't get it. Alt fire is optional. If you don't like single shot mode, then don't press alt fire button. It's not like the game will force you to use alt fire. The way you use Tigris is totally unaffected.

How does alt fire mode affect your gameplay if you only use primary fire mode?

I just don't understand why DE or anyone would bother programming an extra button for a feature no one needs or uses. There are plenty of semi-auto shotguns in the game, the Tigris is the only double barrel one so far.

Yeah, i remember that. Alt fire was very useful on Tigris for me. I was quite surprised when DE said that alt fire was a bug not a feature.

I agree that there wasn't a reason to remove such a thing. Current firing system is ok, but older one was better.  

21 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I just don't understand why DE or anyone would bother programming an extra button for a feature no one needs or uses.

Are you sure about that?

Edited by yles9056

6 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Tell me one other person aside from you that would want an alt-fire with the alt-fire key being as it is right now

They are right here, in this thread.

Anyway, I've made my point. If you still disagree, then let it be. It's your own opinion after all.

Edited by yles9056

8 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Tell me one other person aside from you that would want an alt-fire with the alt-fire key being as it is right now

Right here. I hate having to hold down the trigger if I want to use one shot--especially as a console player. And "roll or reload or melee or something" is a nasty kludge. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

12 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I just don't understand why DE or anyone would bother programming an extra button for a feature no one needs or uses. There are plenty of semi-auto shotguns in the game, the Tigris is the only double barrel one so far.

Bother Programming? It was already there, bug or not it was in the game at some point.

As for the Alt-fire, I'll take it. It's so annoying not to have a single shot feature that I ended up modding my Tigris to hold 3 bullet instead of 2...
I don't mind being forced to hold only 2 bullets ever, but don't force me into shooting both of my precious bullet at the same time if you can shoot both of them separately to begin with.

5 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Bother Programming? It was already there, bug or not it was in the game at some point.

As for the Alt-fire, I'll take it. It's so annoying not to have a single shot feature that I ended up modding my Tigris to hold 3 bullet instead of 2...
I don't mind being forced to hold only 2 bullets ever, but don't force me into shooting both of my precious bullet at the same time if you can shoot both of them separately to begin with.

Then don't use a double barrel shotgun?  They're sorta known to blow both barrels when you pull the trigger. Also, that being a bug doesn't mean they had a button for it, it was a feature that shouldn't have existed but did because their code got screwed up.

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

On 21.5.2017. at 11:28 PM, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

But why? Just hold the trigger and reload or melee or roll if you don't want to waste the second shot. Generally I find that both shots can deal tremendous amounts of damage, even if the first shot insta-gibs your original target the second shot gets everything behind them

Usually one shot is powerful enough to kill anything with maxed out build.This option would be great.Also in real life two barrels use two switches.One for every shot.

6 hours ago, RistN said:

Usually one shot is powerful enough to kill anything with maxed out build.This option would be great.Also in real life two barrels use two switches.One for every shot.

So far I've only ever used the regular Tigris, and with the four dual stat shotgun mods for it and a max Point Blank the damn thing does insane amounts of damage already. I know that's enough to kill most things I face in the game with one shot, but I still appreciate the double tap because it hits everything behind the first enemy who is now a mist of blood.

9 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Then don't use a double barrel shotgun?  They're sorta known to blow both barrels when you pull the trigger. Also, that being a bug doesn't mean they had a button for it, it was a feature that shouldn't have existed but did because their code got screwed up.

If this really was meant to blow both barrel in a single shot, you'd find yourself using 2 ammo and get twice the damage after pulling the trigger once, but instead we're given the opportunity to hold the second shot IN the barrel for god knows how much time. Which is why it's annoying.

Either make it shoot both barrel at once for real ( As you said, blow both the barrels )
or
Let us shot separately as it is now, but without the hassle of having to hold the trigger or cancel the weapon mechanic with an external behaviour.

1 hour ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

If this really was meant to blow both barrel in a single shot, you'd find yourself using 2 ammo and get twice the damage after pulling the trigger once, but instead we're given the opportunity to hold the second shot IN the barrel for god knows how much time. Which is why it's annoying.

Either make it shoot both barrel at once for real ( As you said, blow both the barrels )
or
Let us shot separately as it is now, but without the hassle of having to hold the trigger or cancel the weapon mechanic with an external behaviour.

Yea I'd rather keep this unique weapon as is. I'm fine with the trigger type because that's what I learned to use and got good with it. IMO it makes combat for me more fluid