Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other big Sentients

Sarge_Tarmus

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Hunhow's quote from Natah "they will be out for blood, I will not be able to stop them."

he was directly referring to other Sentients, just as big as he is if not bigger. I reckon Hunhow isn't even as strong as some of the REAL Sentients which could be the size of a Planet. they want to make Natah (Lotus) pay for harbouring their enemy (us) and betraying them. Hunhow came to the origin system to try and smooth things over, because Natah is his daughter and only child. it was either this or a full scale Sentient invasion, and now that Hunhow has failed, we're just waiting for his buddies to show up any day now...

Hunhow was "destroyed" that is, his central "body" was pretty badly screwed up so now he is just a consciousness with a decent amount of remaining fragments (drones).

4 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

Hunhow was "destroyed" that is, his central "body" was pretty badly screwed up so now he is just a consciousness with a decent amount of remaining fragments (drones).

Not really, he played dead for all intensive purposes and we even saw his ship form talking to the Stalker. So there maybe other sleepers buried across the origin system.

59 minutes ago, kyori said:

I see. So Hunhow is not the sentient's boss after all since there are all other as-powerful real sentients in tau system.

Or also like, Hunhow is Sovereign from Mass Effect, and, and an Harbinger like Sentient is still out there along with another bunch of Sentients. :P

The Sentient that came to the Origin were something of a scouting party, and the Old War was fought against them, in the process the way of  travel(Void/Fold) made the Sentient unable to reproduce, so they came up with the plan of the Lotus but Natah ended up betraying them so now the only sentients on Origin are Hunhow and his fragments and Natah, and any other that's in hidng and hasn't been revealed yet. But for them to come to Origin? That's difficult because they can't reproduce after and I think the rails to Tau are destroyed.

22 hours ago, Blakrana said:

Wouldn't likely be able to even if they could, arguably, what with their Void sensitivity and Solar Rails are reliant upon Void Folds for travel.

Less 'FTL' and more 'Space compression'.

Actually, to be more specific, Void exposure doesn't kill them; rather, it simply neuters their reproductive capabilities (aka - it renders them infertile and incapable of recreating themselves), and it also destroys their adaptive capabilities (their ability to change depending on the threat). 

22 hours ago, Blakrana said:

Solar Rails require two to work at least, something of an anchor point

This doesn't seem to be the case, as us Tenno construct them all the time (or, at least, we used to), and we didn't need to make two, IIRC.

6 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

They still have the same way they got there, the long slow method. So even at half the speed of light it would take them about 20 years to come back.

They got here through the Outer Terminus (or some other form of Void travel). That's why they were rendered infertile.

Also, citation on the 20 years thing? Tau Centauri, a blue star, is 131 light years away from Earth. Assuming that these are the two same systems, STL travel is completely impractical unless you're travelling at +>90% c.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

2 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

This doesn't seem to be the case, as us Tenno construct them all the time (or, at least, we used to), and we didn't need to make two, IIRC.

I suspect the way it worked for the whole Dark Sectors aspect is that the rails we were making were relay points from the main network.

As it stands, the Outer Terminus' destruction rendered anything toward Tau defunct.

Still, I will concede we don't have it concretely explained how Solar Rails work beyond establishing void folds. Just seems reasonable to suspect when folding space, you'd want something to anchor both points.

On 5/23/2017 at 6:52 AM, PrVonTuckIII said:

Actually, to be more specific, Void exposure doesn't kill them; rather, it simply neuters their reproductive capabilities (aka - it renders them infertile and incapable of recreating themselves), and it also destroys their adaptive capabilities (their ability to change depending on the threat). 

They got here through the Outer Terminus (or some other form of Void travel). That's why they were rendered infertile.

Also, citation on the 20 years thing? Tau Centauri, a blue star, is 131 light years away from Earth. Assuming that these are the two same systems, STL travel is completely impractical unless you're travelling at +>90% c.

Well I made a vague guess they might be at the closest habitable star system which is about 12 light-years from Earth so at around half a C they'd need at least 20 years. But coming from Tau then yes that would be over a 200 year one way trip which just stretches the time frame of the old war.

As for Hunhow being unable to reproduce, I don't think that is the case. I understand the Lotus (Nahtah) coming through the gate in human form sacrificing her ability to reproduce as she was undercover and not directly in battle.

But why nuke your ability to create more units when in the middle of a war? Destroying their ability to reproduce would also remove their ability to create more drones as well, which would be like throwing a carrier with a limited amount of planes at a entire enemy fleet and their costal defenses and expecting them to take no losses.

4 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

But why nuke your ability to create more units when in the middle of a war? Destroying their ability to reproduce would also remove their ability to create more drones as well, which would be like throwing a carrier with a limited amount of planes at a entire enemy fleet and their costal defenses and expecting them to take no losses.

At that point, it's obvious that the Sentients were losing, and were desperate to turn the tides against the Tenno; thus they took the risk. So presumably, whatever Fragments we see now are the last of Hunhow's reserves, which is probably why we don't see him launching them anywhere in large numbers. Even on Lua, they appear infrequently, and in small groups.

3 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

At that point, it's obvious that the Sentients were losing, and were desperate to turn the tides against the Tenno; thus they took the risk. So presumably, whatever Fragments we see now are the last of Hunhow's reserves, which is probably why we don't see him launching them anywhere in large numbers. Even on Lua, they appear infrequently, and in small groups.

Except Octavia's Anthem mission on LUA. I farmed 4x Vengeful Revenant with Inaros during this mission.

3 minutes ago, Sarge_Tarmus said:

Except Octavia's Anthem mission on LUA. I farmed 4x Vengeful Revenant with Inaros during this mission.

Small groups. A large group is presumably thousands/millions/billions.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII