Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe with Reshade 3.0 - just playing around

LandsHeer

20 hours ago, LandsHeer said:

Alright everyone, sharing my files here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9uvuti52lhidar3/Warframe.rar

VirusTotal - Files are safe

just copy everything into your Warframe Folder. 

This only works with the x64 bit version of the game.

If you use another Rendering mode than Direct3D10+, rename the dxig.dll to the following, according to your api mode:

- Direct3D8 => d3d8.dll
- Direct3D9[Ex] => d3d9.dll
- Direct3D10+ => dxgi.dll
- OpenGL => opengl32.dll (for 64bit too)

• To deactivate and activate the effect press "F11", with the "PRINT"-Key you can make a screenshot which is saved in your Warframe folder.

Current Issues:

• MXAO is not so nice with foggy scenes, but its rare (Cant be changed because of it being an injector)
  • Some Buttons like Mods etc are letting through some AO from the background. Just in case you where wondering :P 

This is the version with MXAO activated. If you would like one without the effect, let me know and I will upload a performance friendly version.

Like I said earlier, with this version you'll lose around 30fps. At least for me its from 137 down to 104. If you can barely get 60, I dont recommend this Reshade Version.

Hello there.

Just wanted to ask if I have to take care of something during "installation".

Because when i start the game, nothing seems different at all. I cant even press F11 to activate or deactivate it.

What have i done until now: 
I downloaded the warframe.rar , copied everything from it into the warframe main folder and replaced the .ini file with the Light Version.

Starting the game normal (yes in the options the 64 bit mode is active) nothing happens. Like i already said. When i try to start the game with the warframe.x64.exe o got a message of using the launcher to start the game.

(Honestly, I dont know whats up with the direct3d10+)

31 minutes ago, Sasorika said:

Hello there.

Just wanted to ask if I have to take care of something during "installation".

Because when i start the game, nothing seems different at all. I cant even press F11 to activate or deactivate it.

What have i done until now: 
I downloaded the warframe.rar , copied everything from it into the warframe main folder and replaced the .ini file with the Light Version.

Starting the game normal (yes in the options the 64 bit mode is active) nothing happens. Like i already said. When i try to start the game with the warframe.x64.exe o got a message of using the launcher to start the game.

(Honestly, I dont know whats up with the direct3d10+)

In the Launcher settings, do you have DirectX10 or DirectX11 checked? if so, the dxgi.dll is fine. If not, rename the dxgi.dll to d3d9.dll and try again.

I've been wondering, with Reshade is it possible to get the black outline effect you have with Limbo's ability all the time?

I had a bug once where even once Limbo's ability had ended, everything still had a black outline around it and I actually liked it and thought it suited WF. I don't think it is possible with Sweetfx but what about Reshade?

Also, thanks for the all-in-one package, looking forward to testing the preset/settings out tomorrow.

Edited by Naith

With the install, its not as easy as I thought, cos the path to my preset file is different on my computer than on yours, so you need to load in the preset manually, at least I dont see another way around it atm :S 

I'm just checking something out and hopefully can give you a solution in a few minutes.

Installation Guide:

1. Download Reshade 3.0 from its offical site (Download here) (Download Button at the bottom of the page)
  2. Download one of my presets:
  3. Start the exe. that you downloaded in step 1
  4. Select your game exe (x64 of Warframe) and the Rendering Mode (If you have DX11 or DX10 selected in the Launcher Settings, check Direct3D 10+, if you have not selected any of them, check Direct3D 9) 
  5. Now you should have new files in your Warframe main folder
  6. (Optional) If you use one Preset Version with AO activated, download this file and copy and overwrite it in your main warframe folder. (Its for fixing the AO in matches, otherwise it will deactivate and activate all the time) (if you use DX9, rename the file to D3D9.dll)
  7. Copy my preset file into your Warframe Main folder as well
  8. Start the game
  9. In game, press SHIFT+F2 and select the preset that you copied into the warframe folder:
  10. warframereshadeconfiglzk8t.jpg
  11. Also go to the Settings Tab in this configurator and put the key for activating and deactivating on F11 or any other key you wish to have for it:
  12. warframereshadeshortcafj62.jpg
  13. After you selected a preset, it should load it in and get the shaders in place, this takes a few seconds. 
  14. You can leave this Configurator with pressing SHIFT+F2 again.

I will update the other posts as well, with this installation guide. Make sure you delete all other previous downloaded files (the package files). 

Edited by LandsHeer

Just now, Sasorika said:

Well, the only thing i could see was that Directx10 AND 11 was checked. No difference after uncheck Directx10 to run Dirextx11 solo. Even rename the dll made no difference.

Please look at the post above, I made a new tutorial. You need to delete the Reshade files from my package and download the installer from the offical website (link in the post) and follow the tutorial, then it should work.

Reason why it didnt work was that when installing reshade it sets down proper paths in the reshade ini for the shaders and such. It couldnt work on your pc because your folders are at a different location than mine. 

With the new Tutorial it should work though.

47 minutes ago, Naith said:

I've been wondering, with Reshade is it possible to get the black outline effect you have with Limbo's ability all the time?

I had a bug once where even once Limbo's ability had ended, everything still had a black outline around it and I actually liked it and thought it suited WF. I don't think it is possible with Sweetfx but what about Reshade?

Also, thanks for the all-in-one package, looking forward to testing the preset/settings out tomorrow.

Check the new Tutorial again, Sadly its not as easy as just copying my files to your folder :S

This effect should be possible yes. 

45 minutes ago, yual said:

Whats the pros and cons of using Shade 3.0 and where I can found it?

Check the Installation Guide in this Thread, there you can find the link for the official side. 

Pros and Cons? Well Pros would probably be the injected effects. Cons would be that with some effects performance goes down.

Its just an injector though, that means that after everything is rendered Reshade applies its efffects, this can lead to some not so nice effects on UI and foggy areas with certain reshade effects turned on.

1 hour ago, Naith said:

Yes it is. Install ReShade like LandsHeer wrote and then copy this and save it in a text file as Warframe.ini

Spoiler

KeyOutline=0,0,0,0
Techniques=Outline,

[Outline.fx]
BackgroundColor=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
OutlineColor=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
EdgeDetectionMode=1.000000
CustomBackground=0.000000
OutlineOpacity=1.000000
EdgeDetectionAccuracy=1.000000
EdgeSlope=2.000000

and then you need to copy that and save it in a text file as Outline.fx and put it in the reshade-shader folder 

Spoiler

/**
 * Depth-buffer based cel shading for ENB by kingeric1992
 * http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3244#p53168
 * Modified and optimized for ReShade by JPulowski
 * http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/261
 * Do not distribute without giving credit to the original author(s).
 * 1.0  - Initial release/port
 * 1.1  - Replaced depth linearization algorithm with another one by crosire
 *        Added an option to tweak accuracy
 *        Modified the code to make it compatible with SweetFX 2.0 Preview 7 and new Operation Piggyback which should give some performance increase
 * 1.1a - Framework port
 * 1.2  - Changed the name to "Outline" since technically this is not Cel shading (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel_shading)
 *        Added custom outline and background color support
 *        Added a threshold and opacity modifier
 * 1.2a - Now uses the depth buffer linearized by ReShade therefore it should work with pseudo/logaritmic/negative/flipped depth
 *        It is now possible to use the color texture for edge detection
 *        Rewritten and simplified some parts of the code
 * 1.3  - Rewritten for ReShade 3.0 by crosire
 */

uniform int EdgeDetectionMode <
    ui_type = "combo";
    ui_items = "Normal-depth edge detection\0Color edge detection\0";
    ui_label = "Edge Detection Mode";
> = 1;
uniform float EdgeDetectionAccuracy <
    ui_type = "drag";
    ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 100.0;
    ui_label = "Edge Detection Accuracy";
> = 1.0;
uniform float EdgeSlope <
    ui_type = "drag";
    ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 10.0;
    ui_label = "Edge Slope";
    ui_tooltip = "Ignores soft edges (less sharp corners) when increased.";
> = 1.0;

uniform float3 OutlineColor <
    ui_type = "color";
    ui_label = "Outline Color";
> = float3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
uniform float OutlineOpacity <
    ui_type = "drag";
    ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 1.0;
    ui_label = "Outline Opacity";
> = 1.0;

uniform bool CustomBackground <
    ui_label = "Custom Background";
    ui_tooltip = "Uses a custom color as background when set to true.";
> = false;
uniform float3 BackgroundColor <
    ui_type = "color";
    ui_label = "Background Color";

#include "ReShade.fxh"

float3 GetEdgeSample(float2 coord)
{
    if (EdgeDetectionMode)
    {
        float4 depth = float4(
            ReShade::GetLinearizedDepth(coord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2(1, 0)),
            ReShade::GetLinearizedDepth(coord - ReShade::PixelSize * float2(1, 0)),
            ReShade::GetLinearizedDepth(coord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2(0, 1)),
            ReShade::GetLinearizedDepth(coord - ReShade::PixelSize * float2(0, 1)));

return normalize(float3(float2(depth.x - depth.y, depth.z - depth.w) * ReShade::ScreenSize, 1.0));
    }
    else
    {
        return tex2D(ReShade::BackBuffer, coord).rgb;
    }
}

float3 PS_Outline(float4 position : SV_Position, float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0) : SV_Target
{
    float3 color = CustomBackground ? BackgroundColor : tex2D(ReShade::BackBuffer, texcoord).rgb;
    float3 origcolor = color;

// Sobel operator matrices
    const float3 Gx[3] =
    {
        float3(-1.0, 0.0, 1.0),
        float3(-2.0, 0.0, 2.0),
        float3(-1.0, 0.0, 1.0)
    };
    const float3 Gy[3] =
    {
        float3( 1.0,  2.0,  1.0),
        float3( 0.0,  0.0,  0.0),
        float3(-1.0, -2.0, -1.0)
    };

float3 dotx = 0.0, doty = 0.0;

// Edge detection
    for (int i = 0, j; i < 3; i++)
    {
        j = i - 1;

dotx += Gx.x * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2(-1, j));
        dotx += Gx.y * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2( 0, j));
        dotx += Gx.z * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2( 1, j));

doty += Gy.x * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2(-1, j));
        doty += Gy.y * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2( 0, j));
        doty += Gy.z * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2( 1, j));
    }

// Boost edge detection
    dotx *= EdgeDetectionAccuracy;
    doty *= EdgeDetectionAccuracy;

// Return custom color when weight over threshold
    color = lerp(color, OutlineColor, sqrt(dot(dotx, dotx) + dot(doty, doty)) >= EdgeSlope);

// Set opacity
    color = lerp(origcolor, color, OutlineOpacity);

return color;
}

technique Outline
{
    pass
    {
        VertexShader = PostProcessVS;
        PixelShader = PS_Outline;
    }
}

The Effect needs the Depth Buffer to work so i could look a bit strange in foggy places and you need the file that LandsHeer linked so the effect is not turning off/on while in a game. 

(Optional) If you use one Preset Version with AO activated, download this file and copy and overwrite it in your main warframe folder. (Its for fixing the AO in matches, otherwise it will deactivate and activate all the time) (if you use DX9, rename the file to D3D9.dll)

Edited by xD_1712

57 minutes ago, LandsHeer said:

Check the new Tutorial again, Sadly its not as easy as just copying my files to your folder :S

This effect should be possible yes. 

No worries, should be easy enough to work out.

17 minutes ago, xD_1712 said:

Yes it is. Install ReShade like LandsHeer wrote and then copy this and save it in a text file as Warframe.ini

Hide contents

KeyOutline=0,0,0,0
Techniques=Outline,

[Outline.fx]
BackgroundColor=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
OutlineColor=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
EdgeDetectionMode=1.000000
CustomBackground=0.000000
OutlineOpacity=1.000000
EdgeDetectionAccuracy=1.000000
EdgeSlope=2.000000

and then you need to copy that and save it in a text file as Outline.fx and put it in the reshade-shader folder 

Reveal hidden contents

/**
 * Depth-buffer based cel shading for ENB by kingeric1992
 * http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3244#p53168
 * Modified and optimized for ReShade by JPulowski
 * http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/261
 * Do not distribute without giving credit to the original author(s).
 * 1.0  - Initial release/port
 * 1.1  - Replaced depth linearization algorithm with another one by crosire
 *        Added an option to tweak accuracy
 *        Modified the code to make it compatible with SweetFX 2.0 Preview 7 and new Operation Piggyback which should give some performance increase
 * 1.1a - Framework port
 * 1.2  - Changed the name to "Outline" since technically this is not Cel shading (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel_shading)
 *        Added custom outline and background color support
 *        Added a threshold and opacity modifier
 * 1.2a - Now uses the depth buffer linearized by ReShade therefore it should work with pseudo/logaritmic/negative/flipped depth
 *        It is now possible to use the color texture for edge detection
 *        Rewritten and simplified some parts of the code
 * 1.3  - Rewritten for ReShade 3.0 by crosire
 */

uniform int EdgeDetectionMode <
    ui_type = "combo";
    ui_items = "Normal-depth edge detection\0Color edge detection\0";
    ui_label = "Edge Detection Mode";
> = 1;
uniform float EdgeDetectionAccuracy <
    ui_type = "drag";
    ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 100.0;
    ui_label = "Edge Detection Accuracy";
> = 1.0;
uniform float EdgeSlope <
    ui_type = "drag";
    ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 10.0;
    ui_label = "Edge Slope";
    ui_tooltip = "Ignores soft edges (less sharp corners) when increased.";
> = 1.0;

uniform float3 OutlineColor <
    ui_type = "color";
    ui_label = "Outline Color";
uniform float OutlineOpacity <
    ui_type = "drag";
    ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 1.0;
    ui_label = "Outline Opacity";
> = 1.0;

uniform bool CustomBackground <
    ui_label = "Custom Background";
    ui_tooltip = "Uses a custom color as background when set to true.";
> = false;
uniform float3 BackgroundColor <
    ui_type = "color";
    ui_label = "Background Color";

#include "ReShade.fxh"

float3 GetEdgeSample(float2 coord)
{
    if (EdgeDetectionMode)
    {
        float4 depth = float4(
            ReShade::GetLinearizedDepth(coord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2(1, 0)),
            ReShade::GetLinearizedDepth(coord - ReShade::PixelSize * float2(1, 0)),
            ReShade::GetLinearizedDepth(coord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2(0, 1)),
            ReShade::GetLinearizedDepth(coord - ReShade::PixelSize * float2(0, 1)));

return normalize(float3(float2(depth.x - depth.y, depth.z - depth.w) * ReShade::ScreenSize, 1.0));
    }
    else
    {
        return tex2D(ReShade::BackBuffer, coord).rgb;
    }
}

float3 PS_Outline(float4 position : SV_Position, float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0) : SV_Target
{
    float3 color = CustomBackground ? BackgroundColor : tex2D(ReShade::BackBuffer, texcoord).rgb;
    float3 origcolor = color;

// Sobel operator matrices
    const float3 Gx[3] =
    {
        float3(-1.0, 0.0, 1.0),
        float3(-2.0, 0.0, 2.0),
        float3(-1.0, 0.0, 1.0)
    };
    const float3 Gy[3] =
    {
        float3( 1.0,  2.0,  1.0),
        float3( 0.0,  0.0,  0.0),
        float3(-1.0, -2.0, -1.0)
    };

float3 dotx = 0.0, doty = 0.0;

// Edge detection
    for (int i = 0, j; i < 3; i++)
    {
        j = i - 1;

dotx += Gx.x * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2(-1, j));
        dotx += Gx.y * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2( 0, j));
        dotx += Gx.z * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2( 1, j));

doty += Gy.x * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2(-1, j));
        doty += Gy.y * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2( 0, j));
        doty += Gy.z * GetEdgeSample(texcoord + ReShade::PixelSize * float2( 1, j));
    }

// Boost edge detection
    dotx *= EdgeDetectionAccuracy;
    doty *= EdgeDetectionAccuracy;

// Return custom color when weight over threshold
    color = lerp(color, OutlineColor, sqrt(dot(dotx, dotx) + dot(doty, doty)) >= EdgeSlope);

// Set opacity
    color = lerp(origcolor, color, OutlineOpacity);

return color;
}

technique Outline
{
    pass
    {
        VertexShader = PostProcessVS;
        PixelShader = PS_Outline;
    }
}

The Effect needs the Depth Buffer to work so i could look a bit strange in foggy places and you need the file that LandsHeer linked so the effect is not turning off/on while in a game. 

Awesome. So looking forward to checking this out tomorrow.

About effects... 

Do you think Reshade could darken the overall atmosphere?

Not that I don't like the actual game atmosphere, but sometimes I miss the old darker, almost claustrophobic, feel the game had. 

On 5/26/2017 at 6:45 AM, DSpite said:

There's people walking in that clip. WALKING.

AND taking 17 minutes to do a Rescue mission!

Madness.

Because back then there was no bullet jump and sprinting consumed stamina (the bar below energy bar). Running really wasn't all that much faster on most frames and it added reaction delay since you needed to stop to use gun again (or i mixing up games... it's literary been years). You can see someone running from time to time so it's not like they didn't know how. The creepy atmosphere and infested all over the place probably made everyone cautious but the biggest factor was that they were new to the game and the game was new also. It wasn't until open beta that coptering became a thing. 

Also worked a bit more on my current preset, its the same as I put here, just with some more tweaks. Enabled Godrays and LensBloom. Also Tweaked Sharpening a bit.

Overall I'm pretty happy with that version and cant play without it anymore :P

Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler

warframe.x642017-05-26iuft.png

warframe.x642017-05-2xzutq.png

warframe.x642017-05-24nupi.png

warframe.x642017-05-2ytux9.png

warframe.x642017-05-2r5u2c.png

warframe.x642017-05-289ude.png

warframe.x642017-05-2qbuau.png

warframe.x642017-05-24fu1u.png

warframe.x642017-05-21zuxn.png

warframe.x642017-05-2ypunh.png

warframe.x642017-05-262uav.png

warframe.x642017-05-2djurn.png

warframe.x642017-05-2jiudi.png

warframe.x642017-05-2tiur9.png

warframe.x642017-05-2ssuxg.png

Download Links for presets:

Version with AO

Version without AO (FPS friendly)

Just now, Cyriann said:

For references, I've seen a video in the first page of this topic. I'll also look around for more things. 

I can see what I can do with Reshade, its not a holy tool though, so cant tell you if it will work or not.

btw, like make the overall scene darker and add more contrast: 

Before:

warframe.x642017-05-2819-34-56.png

After:

warframe.x642017-05-2819-34-55.png

Spoiler

So I ended up giving this a go, copying what was in the quote. Says there's some sort of unexpected error with *'s etc but I couldn't work it out.

In regards LandsHeer's preset, liking it so far but the only issue is that I've noticed this highlights the fuzziness you get with moving objects like Ayatan statues with Warframe's natural AA. Though I don't think that can be helped either.

Edited by Naith