Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Procs Breaking Kuva Spy Reactor Vault - Solved

Nox_Terminus

.eJwNx0ESgyAMAMC_8AACAUT9SM8ZRNSRwoR46vT

Running the spy mission sortie today with energy reduction, when using the Rakta Dark Dagger the syndicate proc removes the button prompt from the buttons in the Kuva spy reactor vaults, making the gantries incapable of being deployed, and thus making the vault impossible to complete.I'm assuming this is the cause of this vault locking up for other people as well.

Please fix this.

Edited by Nox_Terminus
Figured out the actual cause

There are 2 methods of passing through that Spy room. The default path is using the switches to activate the walkways.
The secret (and much quicker) path is destroying 3 hidden consoles which open the doors but does not deploy the walkways. The switches deactivate when you do this since there is no need for them anymore with the doors already opened.

The syndiate proc destroys the consoles. You just had to jump through the doors and reach the end. The mission was still very possible to complete.

1 minute ago, MystMan said:

There are 2 methods of passing through that Spy room. The default path is using the switches to activate the walkways.
The secret (and much quicker) path is destroying 3 hidden consoles which open the doors but does not deploy the walkways. The switches deactivate when you do this since there is no need for them anymore with the doors already opened.

The syndiate proc destroys the consoles. You just had to jump through the doors and reach the end. The mission was still very possible to complete.

The point isn't whether or not there is a shortcut, its that there is a legitimate bug which needs to be fixed.

2 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

The point isn't whether or not there is a shortcut, its that there is a legitimate bug which needs to be fixed.

Maybe you should try reading the post first, eh?

Two ways to break into that vault - bridge consoles or deploying hidden power couplings by destroying the fuseboxes(?). They're mutually exclusive.

Syndicate proc destroyed one or two fuseboxes, disabling the respective consoles. All you had to do was destroy the rest, there doesn't seem to be a bug at all. 

Just now, Reifnir said:

Maybe you should try reading the post first, eh?

Two ways to break into that vault - bridge consoles or deploying hidden power couplings by destroying the fuseboxes(?). They're mutually exclusive.

Syndicate proc destroyed one or two fuseboxes, disabling the respective consoles. All you had to do was destroy the rest, there doesn't seem to be a bug at all. 

Except the fuse boxes weren't broken.

3 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Except the fuse boxes weren't broken.

And you know this how?..

Judging by your first post, you didn't even know they existed, and it doesn't sound like after the bridge consoles went inactive you went down there and checked the state of the fuse boxes, or tried to shoot them, or anything. So either there's a bug which should read "syndicate procs are destroying fuse boxes without triggering the power couplings", or you saw an inactive bridge console and immediately assumed that the vault is bugged and broken beyond repair. 

Ok, I just tried the mission myself with a syndicate weapon.

All 3 fuse boxes must be destroyed for the door to open. Your proc destroyed 1 or 2 of the fuse boxes. You still had to destroy the remaining one(s) manually. 

The moment one fuse box is destroyed, the regular path becomes inaccessible since all the bridge walkway consoles are disabled at this point.

So yeah... I don't see a bug here. You either know about this alternate path or you don't.  Now you know. and knowing is half the battle.

The only true bug in that room is that the fuse boxes cannot be destroyed by weapons with innate elemental damage. I reported this many months ago but it's still there.

4 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Ok, I just tried the mission myself with a syndicate weapon.

All 3 fuse boxes must be destroyed for the door to open. Your proc destroyed 1 or 2 of the fuse boxes. You still had to destroy the remaining one(s) manually. 

The moment one fuse box is destroyed, the regular path becomes inaccessible since all the bridge walkway consoles are disabled at this point.

So yeah... I don't see a bug here. You either know about this alternate path or you don't.  Now you know. and knowing is half the battle.

The only true bug in that room is that the fuse boxes cannot be destroyed by weapons with innate elemental damage. I reported this many months ago but it's still there.

Now that I think about it, because the front 2 boxes were fine I assumed the middle one was as well. Which means that it must've been destroyed.

Now the real question is how the heck did the syndicate proc affect the one furthest away from me? The proc occurred when I stabbed a bombard who was standing in the doorway to the entrance of the vault. picgifs-wut-confused-21598.gif

I wasn't there so I can't tell you what happened.  What was the exact order of things you did in there?  Did you kill the bombard before or after you hit the switch? Where exactly were you standing? etc etc. Too many variables and unknowns. All you can do now is retrace your steps and recreate the scenario again and see if now you can pass the room with the knowledge you have now about the 3 fuse boxes.

3 minutes ago, MystMan said:

I wasn't there so I can't tell you what happened.  What was the exact order of things you did in there?  Did you kill the bombard before or after you hit the switch? Where exactly were you standing? etc etc. Too many variables and unknowns. All you can do now is retrace your steps and recreate the scenario again and see if now you can pass the room with the knowledge you have now about the 3 fuse boxes.

I ran the sortie mission again immediately with the sheev instead, got through it without issues.

However after seeing your post I ran the Kuva spy mission again to see if a particular type of barrel is in the vault, lo and behold.

Warframe0223.jpg

I believe one of these must've been the cuplrit. ^

At the time I was in the entrance before the door you have to hack,  swap teleported a bombard in the hallway into the room so I could kill him and set off the affinity for a simple energy regen (of course I could've just used a pizza). Im guessing the syndicate proc reached an explosive barrel on that side of the vault and set off that fuse box. I also tested the Rakta against the fuse box, seems like the status-only weapons being unable to break them is still true (oddly). In either case I suppose was simply unlucky and found the strangest way to 'break' a vault.

Irony being after finishing the test run I got this

Warframe0226.jpg

Warframe works in mysterious ways.

For the time being I think I can consider this bug 'fixed', considering it wasn't a bug but a very weird turn of events. Status weapons not effecting the fuse boxes needs to be addressed though.