Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to this game, hoping to find some answers

Mutzzz

Question

hi all,

I am new to this game got to mastery rank 4, currently stuck on Europa trying to beat the raptor, i only have a max leveled Volt with a Boltor, i am not that confident with my build and general playstyle, so I am trying to get better.

here is my build:40oMIFD.jpg

14 answers to this question

Welcome to the forums and game! Always looking to help out with modding it's one of my favorite aspects of Warframe if you want a second opinion or a few undamaged mods you can add me in game IGN is same as my Forum one of course.

Edited by MAKR2128

or ask in recruiting for some help. also its nice to build a frame to your own playstyle. so instead of me giving you a build, or someone else for that matter, i would recommend you read up on the frame's abilities in depth on the wikia and then build to suit which abilities you think fit your style better. its the best way to get what YOU want out of the frame.

You may want to step back and farm a bit to rank up your mods.  Maybe look at replacing some of those damaged mods with their undamaged counterparts.  Try playing Dark Sectors on the lower planets.  In this game, mods are power - the greatest weapon or warframe in the world means precisely jack without good mods in it.

Definitely work on getting an r10 Serration and Hornet Strike mod for your rifle and pistol respectively, and get yourself a set of undamaged core warframe power-stat mods - Continuity, Flow, Intensify, Streamline, Stretch.  I wouldn't expect to make it much further through the starmap without them.

Since you're on PC, I could possibly help you out with getting those.

Edited by Arkvold

1 hour ago, i_am_salty said:

hi all,

I am new to this game got to mastery rank 4, currently stuck on Europa trying to beat the raptor, i only have a max leveled Volt with a Boltor, i am not that confident with my build and general playstyle, so I am trying to get better.

here is my build:40oMIFD.jpg

So with what you have weapons are going to be the main issue. Can you post images for your boltor and what weapon mods you have?

For your MR I'd recommend looking for a public match against the Raptor. 

If you look a the sides of the arena there are doors set up in the wall. There are a series of tunnels there that can be used for cover, and to maneuver around the battlefield.

I recommend using Volt's ult to crowd control the corpus, and staying mobile to avoid missile strikes from the Raptor.

Edited by Rakawan

A good start would be to play missions around your unlocked planets, get all the nodes up and running ( So that the Nodes don't glow in a blue-ish way )
This will allow you to stack up some Endo ( To upgrade your mods ), get new mods ( More choice in modding ) and let you test your power further as you play with the modding system.

We can help you by explaining how the mods may affect your stats, but I highly recommend you "Mod" your equipment yourself as it'll prove useful in the future.
You won't always have to ask around for others opinion on what feels right and what feels wrong, just mod for what you feel is good.

Edit : Always going for the boss on a planet in a straight line is generally a bad idea.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

I'm gonna be honest, with what I can see, you're far to be ready for a solo fight against the Raptor. 

First, you should max your most important mods (at rank 5 for the 10-ranks mods, the credit cost can be high for newer players). It is better to have only 3 or 4 mods at max rank than 8 that have almost no effect. Redirection rank 5, Vitality rank 5, Streamline, and Intensify. Those are a good start on Volt, and at those ranks, they can even be equiped without any aura. 

Second, I'd recomend you to grab some auras from Alerts. As they increase your mod capacity instead of using it, they're good even if you don't have a matching polarity. Right now I can only see your Physique, which doesn't have a matching polarity, but maxed it'll give you 5 extra points, it's still something. If you can spot an alert with a Steel Charge, go for it. 

Also, if you don't have one yet, craft a Sentinel. Carrier is one of the most popular due to its ability to give any type of ammo. 

And don't forget, it's mostly a farming game. If you don't have enough credits to up a mod or buy a blueprint, you can always delay your objective (unless it's an alert ofc) and farm some credits.

Those advices can get you far in the game, but against bosses, the best bet is still to find a public group. That's how I passed through Sargas Ruk the first time, I came back afterward to solo it once I got my Dread. 

Welcome to warframe. My only advice for you is to take things slow and don't rush and buy the best gears just to steamroll through all the bosses. This game will become boring very very quickly if you do so. 

Take your time, don't rush. Get better mods, max out your mods, try different frames and weapons. Make friends, team up to take down that raptor.

Enjoy the feel of exploring the game for the first time. 

Welcome to the community. you can add me ingame for unbroken mods and I've gor few extra auras too if you need them. 

since you are new to game I'll tell you a one thing which no one ever told me, go for the frame which looks cool to you, you'll get all of them eventually. 

As @MaxNobody already said use a maxed Aura mod. Right now i can see Physique but if you have one that matches the aura slot polarity then it's even better.

Why?

- All Aura mods increase your mod capacity (all Aura mods even if they don't match your polarity). By using a maxed Aura mod you can rank up some of your mods like Vitality which will increase your surviveability.

- If you want to defeat Raptor solo then use cover and parkour so that you live longer (i hope that you know that you can play with others aswel^^)

- Do you have your first Sentinel? USE HIM.

Edited by Sarcasm4Free

Welcome, may your stay be long and grofit be high. 

First off I would recommend replacing those damaged mods with their regular counterparts as they are stronger, and in some cases cheaper. 

Then I would get a weapon with either high crit stats and the mods to make it even higher. While status builds can be even stronger a new player would not have access to all the mods to make it possible. 

You should also see about joining a clan with people willing to help out new people. 

And lastly, take your time, don't steamroll everything! Take your time to try new things, find your style, make some friends, and have fun. 

May the blessings of RNGesus be with you on your journey tenno. 

Buy an orokin reactor on the market with your stater plat. Get Rhino! He's a damn good frame for early game and will take you across the star chart if you build him right! Max out your Vitality mod. Take off fast deflection and replace it with a rank 10 redirection or just have a high vitality mod for health. Don't forget to slap on an Aura mod up top where it says V, for extra capacity on your warframe. 

If ya want more information on how to play. I recommend watching iFlynn up on YouTube for tutorials for how to playing the game as a beginner..