Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested speargun?

_Absolom_

So, seeing as the Javlok for the Grineer and Ferrox for the Corpus were introduced recently, I've been wondering if there would be a chance at an Infested version of a speargun?
Spitting poison or gas, with a sharp tip, perhaps?

If anything like this has already been announced or asked, please tell me, I've been gone for a few months, getting back into the game now :)

Spits poisoned quills. 

You throw it at an enemy, it sticks into them, and acts like the Ferrox, sprouting tentacles and attaching to whatever the spear victim walks by, slowly weighing them down. 

If you kill the enemy and thus pick up the spear, it restores your health. 

Would be nice. 

I mainly play lovely Saryn, and just thinking about an infested speargun makes me wet and warm. 

Unfortunately they didn' t mention it so far. But obviously, such a weapon has great chances to come in a few months, as a bio-lab research.

Just cross your fingers they don't make the craft cost 100.000 mutagen samples.

Edited by Stonehenge

25 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Spits poisoned quills. 

You throw it at an enemy, it sticks into them, and acts like the Ferrox, sprouting tentacles and attaching to whatever the spear victim walks by, slowly weighing them down

If you kill the enemy and thus pick up the spear, it restores your health. 

Would be nice. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Stonehenge

Okay wait I got it!

Helminths Spear. Cosmetically, the thing is like an elongated tentacle with a voracious mouth at one end, covered in teeth. The whole thing moves while you hold it, and when holstered.

Its primary fire is tar balls, like Moa tar, and will leave behind tar pits. It has a clip of 3, and rather mediocre fire rate. Reloading however costs a tiny bit of hp (like Hema).

On its secondary fire, you throw it like other spear guns, but any enemy it hits directly before it contacts a surface increases its damage multiplier. When it hits a surface, the thing comes alive as an infested meal worm, with virtually unlimited hp, it will leap and attack nearby enemies, eating them and dealing damage based on its multiplier for the 20ish second duration its allowed on the field. When picked up, or magically returned to you, it could restore hp scaling on how much damage it did while set loose?

Creepy infested meal worm anyone? Please?