Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

prime access hype ?

Dark5eiD

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

Probably cost him the entirety of his energy with the amount of power strength needed.

then thats crap... this is a tough cookie in my opinion. hard line not to cross of making him OP but still making him wanted.

16 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Probably cost him the entirety of his energy with the amount of power strength needed.

one of my renewal builds i use to guide new players, with max efficiency and 175% STR can strip the armor off lech kril and a bunch of minions in 2 casts (50 energy), so its not that bad at all, considering it goes of base armor, so scaling wont affect it.

Edited by Elvangreen

Just now, Elvangreen said:

one of my renewal builds i use to guide new players, with max efficiency and 145% STR can strip the armor off lech kril and a bunch of minions in 2 casts (50 energy), so its not that bad at all.

would you mind letting us know what that build is please

7 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

its really basic.  opps 175% str.

349ACC989508A86F99A9ACC0C483ADA758B28321

i just cast HG, then bounce the enemies around a bit with reckoning until the bars turn red, takes 2 casts. (also, fleeting should be replaced by rage)

Edited by Elvangreen

13 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

one of my renewal builds i use to guide new players, with max efficiency and 175% STR can strip the armor off lech kril and a bunch of minions in 2 casts (50 energy), so its not that bad at all, considering it goes of base armor, so scaling wont affect it.

Was that fifty energy per cast or fifty energy spent in total?

11 hours ago, Lord_Impaler said:

ok, time for math.

each cast of Rec on HG will remove 30% of targets base armor, so 4 casts for a full strip with 100% STR.

at 150% STR, it will remove 45% of all targets armor. (3 casts)

at a 175% STR, it will remove 52% of targets armor. (2 casts)

it would require 334% STR to remove all armor in one cast.

I have something for you to look at:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Oberon/t_30_2302040020_2-5-10-4-2-5-5-6-5-55-1-5-59-4-3-411-3-10-479-0-10-615-9-5-732-7-3-779-8-5_479-7-55-6-4-9-411-8-59-9-2-6-5-9-732-9-779-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-15/

Growing power is activated by hallowed ground / smite rad procs to boost armor stripping.

Renewal is cheap and fairly strong.

+ 68/78  Hp per sec

+ 340/390  Armor

- 0.5 energy per sec base

- 0.75 energy per sec per extra target (1/3 drain on summons and specters)

Efficiency is completely maxed at 175%, AND you have rage to fuel your spamming.

Power strength is enough to strip all armor in 2 casts, base STR is enough to strip fully, GP is entirely optional.

Reckoning has a 22 meter radius, and costs 25 energy.

Hg has a 240 degree angle and a 20m radius, lasts for 13 sec, and costs 13 energy.

Phoenix renewal can be replaced with natural talent if you want to spam reckoning more.

Thoughts?

Edited by Elvangreen

1 minute ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Was that fifty energy per cast or fifty energy spent in total?

total, as at 175% eff all powers cost 1/4 normal cost., so 2x 25. BUT i forgot to add HG, so thats an extra 13 energy, so 63 energy to remove all the armor of all enemies in range.

7 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

@Elvangreen thanks for your help and input :)

Thanks, not an oberon "main", but i don't understand the hate towards him at all.

After the buffs he is looking really good, and if the prime gives +hp/armor, and + energy pool then i think he will be almost perfect.

19 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

Thanks, not an oberon "main", but i don't understand the hate towards him at all.

The herd mentality. If it is common to lash on poor Oberon, then people would do so just not to look alien on the majority's background.

And no one gives a damn about such facts as his recent buff, complete sortie viability, and good capacities as a combat support unit. 

Who needs reasons anyway?

Edited by Teloch

I believe the fact that his parts drop so often and in so many places gives off the idea that Oberon is a weak frame. Usually in games loot that is considered weak drops pretty often and that may be translating that idea to this game. You don't really see the parts of other frames being forced into the pockets of players and I'm sure that is making players wonder why that is so.

Just now, Azurein said:

I believe the fact that his parts drop so often and in so many places gives off the idea that Oberon is a weak frame. Usually in games loot that is considered weak drops pretty often and that may be translating that idea to this game. You don't really see the parts of other frames being forced into the pockets of players and I'm sure that is making players wonder why that is so.

Dread drops like rain and that's not considered weak...

But yeah i get what your saying.

Just now, Elvangreen said:

Dread drops like rain and that's not considered weak...

But yeah i get what your saying.

Dread drops from Stalker which is a single appearance of an NPC that also doesn't always appear in missions.

5 hours ago, Lord_Impaler said:

Just wondering if its just me or is the community not too hyped up for new prime access today. usually lots-o-hype. what is the dealio ?

My hype level is at a one out of ten.

Oberon is one of my least used frames and I have zero interest in both the Sybaris and the Silva & Aegis.

It's basically all master fodder.  No plat shall be traded for rare parts.  I don't care if it takes me until Hydroid Prime access to farm all of Oberon Prime.