Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can I become stronger

(XBOX)MalevolentEwok

Question

Okay, so I am kind of at a standstill in the game. I am on Europa and everybody seems pretty difficult to kill. I have Frost, Saryn Prime, Trinity Prime, Nyx Prime, Zephyr, and Banshee. Only Frost and Saryn are at Max level 30. I want to unlock all the planets so I can stop asking people for taxi rides lol :) I know Saryn could be awesome at clearing levels, but mine is not there yet. Can you please offer any advice and tips as to how I could get her there? How can I become stronger?

21 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MalevolentEwok said:

Okay, so I am kind of at a standstill in the game. I am on Europa and everybody seems pretty difficult to kill. I have Frost, Saryn Prime, Trinity Prime, Nyx Prime, Zephyr, and Banshee. Only Frost and Saryn are at Max level 30. I want to unlock all the planets so I can stop asking people for taxi rides lol :) I know Saryn could be awesome at clearing levels, but mine is not there yet. Can you please offer any advice and tips as to how I could get her there? How can I become stronger?

firstly max all your frames second get some higher teir weapons third get a butt load of forma and forma stuff. theres lots of builds online to help with this.

mate u need too do vault runs too get the 2stats mods from there u need endo too max this mods and u need orokin reactors and catalysts in ur warframes and weapons too have por mod points afeter that try too do some relics too get formas and form ur stuff (remember forming weapons warframes pets make them too go rank 0 again) but helps u too get more mods there making them more OP and thats what u want 
maxing frames shouldent take more them 30 mins if it does u still very early in game

Hello,   Becoming Stronger in Warframe is not so much about the Frames and Weapons, its about YOU!!   How you use each of these together is what makes you Stronger.  Understanding the Warframes, the Weapons, and gameplay mechanics is what makes you stronger.   When you under stand the mod basics, you can become As powerful as you want.   Start by farming the mods on the nodes.  use forma to increase your capacity.  Find an in game Guide of the Lotus to assist you and give direction.  I want you to have the best, enjoyment, fulfilment of goals, and gaming experience Warframe has to offer you.   Find the Mods you need, place them on your gear, practice using the mechanics, and you will become a Force to be reckoned with.

In order to back up a Warframe's already amazing abilities and survivability, you need a good build. 

Mods are you friend. Depending on your playstyle, you can build for Strength, Efficiency, Range, and/or Duration.

You need good weapons too. If you're midgame, which I'm guessing you are, you can build some decent weapons.

The Tigris is a portable cannon (read: shotgun) that can do a hell-ton of damage.

The Lex is a handheld cannon (read: heavy pistol) that can deal great crits.

The Atterax is the whips to end all whips. If built correctly, the Slash mods can down even the strongest enemy.

Good luck, Tenno.

You got the right frames, but the strength relies in your mods.

I'd say looking up mod setups for specific weapons and frames, but you will need quite a bit of endo and cred. I recommend trying to level up your whole arsenal. Anyways, unless your weapons are the same weapons you chose in the beginning, or still weapons you made on Mercury or so, then you should be good. Some good weapons obtainable near that part in the star-chart can be like the Boltace or, (every new player's personal favorite) Galatine.

Having a catalyst or a reactor or one of your strongest frames or weapons can also be nice to have that double mod capacity :P

1 minute ago, (PS4)iExceedGaming said:

You got the right frames, but the strength relies in your mods.

I'd say looking up mod setups for specific weapons and frames, but you will need quite a bit of endo and cred. I recommend trying to level up your whole arsenal. Anyways, unless your weapons are the same weapons you chose in the beginning, or still weapons you made on Mercury or so, then you should be good. Some good weapons obtainable near that part in the star-chart can be like the Boltace or, (every new player's personal favorite) Galatine.

Having a catalyst or a reactor or one of your strongest frames or weapons can also be nice to have that double mod capacity :P

Is that how people have mod capacities in the 70s? Ive been trying to figure that out for a while. I know auras can increase mod capacity, but they won't make it in the 70s. How do I get my mod capacity to be that high?

Just now, (Xbox One)MalevolentEwok said:

Is that how people have mod capacities in the 70s? Ive been trying to figure that out for a while. I know auras can increase mod capacity, but they won't make it in the 70s. How do I get my mod capacity to be that high?

Yeah, with Orokin Reactors on Frames and Orokin Catalysts on Weapons. I was confused when I was new too lol.

They sometimes come up on the alerts, usually for 2 hours and if it's a gift then 24 hours.  

You can buy them 20p a piece from the market as well.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MalevolentEwok said:

You need to apply an Orokin reactor (yellow potato) on warframe to double it. On guns you put Orokin catalyst (blue potato). You can get them as blueprints to build from invasions for exmaple or alerts or buy them from market already built.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)iExceedGaming said:

Yeah, with Orokin Reactors on Frames and Orokin Catalysts on Weapons. I was confused when I was new too lol.

They sometimes come up on the alerts, usually for 2 hours and if it's a gift then 24 hours.  

You can buy them 20p a piece from the market as well.

1 minute ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

You need to apply an Orokin reactor (yellow potato) on warframe to double it. On guns you put Orokin catalyst (blue potato). You can get them as blueprints to build from invasions for exmaple or alerts or buy them from market already built.

That makes more sense now lol. Thank you both for the explanations. And they do look like potatoes :)

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)MalevolentEwok said:

That makes more sense now lol. Thank you both for the explanations. And they do look like potatoes :)

I've putten that on purpose so if anyone talks to you about an "potato alert" you will know what they talk about ;)

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MalevolentEwok said:

Using a catalyst/reactor will double the weapon base mod capacity (i.e. without aura/stance). So, for a max level frame, it goes from 30 to 60. With a matching polarity maxed aura who gives 7 points, the polarity will give an additionnal 7, for 74. If I recall correctly, the max is 78, for frames with a V polarity equipped with Steel Charge. 

You can get catalysts/reactors on the market for plats or wait for an alert with a blueprint to come. 

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MalevolentEwok said:

Like most have said there are things to do, so you are not really at a stand still. Like most games you hit that point where the enemies really hit hard back. Saryn Prime is a strong frame and she can clear a whole room of enemies, but it's learning how to use her abilities that makes this happen...oh and some mods and a forma (or 4) depending. Of course Frost is a good frame as well. Not sure your mastery level, but if you are at least rank 4, get yourself the Hek this shotgun is one of the best early weapons in the game and can carry you for a very long time. Once you get into syndicate standing the scattered justice mod for the Hek can carry you even farther. Good luck out there.

The answer is pretty simple:

Mods.

All the Mods.

(Well, the good ones, anyway.)

While some weapons are definitely better than others / certain Frames shine more in certain situations,
for most Star Chart missions, any loadout should do, given proper modding.

So, what does your Mod situation look like so far on your Frames and weapons?

Do you have all the basic Mods ranked up - e.g. for guns, stuff like base damage, Multishot, elements, crit goodness?

Do you have Corrupted Mods for your Frames to really push their limits, ability-wise?
(And again, basic Mods like, say, Vitality / Streamline / Stretch / Intensify at the very least are maxed, I hope?)

How 'bout Nightmare Mods? Primed Mods? Elemental dual stats? Auras and Stances, even? Partridge in a pear tree?

Plus of course, being "at max level 30" isn't quite the ultimate end for your gear,
using (a Reactor / Catalyst and) a few Formas to cram them chock full of maxed Mods is :D
I mean, you certainly can get by for a while there with an empty slot or two but the more the merrier, heh.

FWIW, you could take a gander at http://warframe-builder.com/ and look up the highest-rated builds for your loadout,
or at least, see which Mods keep popping up again and again that seem like good ideas to you,
then - assuming you don't have 'em already - check those Mods' Wiki entries for drop locations and stuff.

... eh, I guess that's all I have for now, any more specific questions though, fire away.

[edit: oh wow I'm a slow typer lol]

Edited by NinjaZeku

56 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

FWIW, you could take a gander at http://warframe-builder.com/ and look up the highest-rated builds for your loadout,
or at least, see which Mods keep popping up again and again that seem like good ideas to you,
then - assuming you don't have 'em already - check those Mods' Wiki entries for drop locations and stuff.

Only thing i disagree with here is looking at the highest rated builds because the 2nd highest rated build under "frost prime", while boasting a lot of damage, has practically no duration, making it fall off on late endurance runs or any runs where CC is in significantly high demand. If anything, i recommend you look at the wiki first to make sure you know enough about a warframe, then consult the builder, and maybe review recent topics on the forums regarding said warframe as well. Warframe builds in this subforum usually tend to be pretty solid.

It all lies within your Modding Bench! When you are upgrading your Frame, Mods will help you in many ways: Survivability, Range, Efficiency, Strength and so forward. Some questions you might want to ask yourself:

What am I modding for? Range, Efficiency, Survivability etc.?

Do I have any Corrupted Mods? If so, will the ones I have either benefit my play style, or have affected it?

Do I have the basic Mods to make my Frame powerful or / decent? Intensify, Continuity, Streamline, Vitality, Flow, Stretch etc.?

Have I looked up any builds online that could help me in some form of way?

You can install a 'Orokin Reactor' onto your Frame, this will basically double the Mod Capacity. For Example, if my Excalibur was Rank 30 and I installed a 'Orokin Reactor' on him, it would double my Capacity to 60 rather than staying at 30. You can get one by either: buying it in the Market for 20 Platinum (don't recommend.) or from a alert (appears once every two weeks after a Devstream.)

NOTE: If you do this on a Frame, never sell that Frame as it will also dispose the Orokin Reactor.

You can also visit some of these additional sites to help you out!:

Warframe Wiki

Youtube

Warframe-Builder.

-

Hope this helped!

If your having a hard time doing enough damage, especially if your running mostly solo, then get that Nyx Prime out and let them kill each other for you. Build around her Number 3. Max range and efficiency.

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)MalevolentEwok said:

since you have banshee, put this configuration and go kill everyone.

You will unlock the planet in no time

lE7MZpP.jpg

If you have a Nyx then everything can be quite easy. Just get the 'Assimilate' mod. Build for maximum range and efficiency and you are good to go. Cast Chaos and just slowly pick them off as they fight themselves. You can easily do even high level interception, mobile def, solo defense missions if you learn how to play her right.

Ideally I have zenurik, loads of energy pads and everything is quite easy to do after that. Surrounded just cast 4 and slowly kill them all. 

Everyone is saying mods, witch I agree is the best answer.  However, no one has said the other answer... play with friends.  

Get someone to play the game with you. If someone you know joins warframe right now, play through the beginning quests and missions with them.  You will learn more, get more materials, and gain more experience.  Level up a few weapons while you're at it.  Also, the very beginning quests have a butt ton of argon crystals, so prepare/ buy blueprints for things that require those.  It is easier said than done, but it is a really good way to learn how to play better and more actively with a team.  I don't know of a lot of people that like playing in public parties over solo, but I think everyone likes playing with friends. There are so many aspects to warframe,  so many mod setups, so many playstyles.  The best way to learn is to teach.  Thats how i learned, and as an added bonus, that is when you will have the most fun playing.