Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please lower the cost of creation and maintenance for Kubrows.

BethTheBean

Good evening, DE & Tenno!

As a new player, I've been relying on the wiki to inform myself about the current state of Warframe. I'm posting my disappointment towards the early unlockable mission, Call of the Kubrow. 

1. At a point, you're instructed to go to a marked node on Earth to obtain a Kubrow egg. If you're lucky, you can loot some Kubrow mods.

2. Next, you must obtain an incubator power core. Do you recall in child cartoons, when a heartbroken character makes a breaking-glass sound? Well, that happened to me when I checked the wiki and the market. 
You have the choice of paying 35p (bought ingame currency) for a built core, or 50k credits for the BP which needs an insane amount of resources that are not found this early in the game. I don't know how missions were obtained in the past, but it would have been a logical step to change the resource quota.

3. I'm ok with the hatching time.

4.  Again, my heart breaks like glass. The upkeep for Kubrows is just absurd! They lose 10% of their genetic stability every 24 hours. When they lose 40%, it's time to use a stabilizer ... which is 75K credits for 6! Now, players are reporting the stabilizers are only healing 20% instead of 40%! Come on!

With the not-so-recent addition of the Taxon sentinel, a far easier companion to obtain with no maintenance needed, the Kubrow has little value to new players. Even an extractor, with a BP cost of 50k credits, is still worth more to a new player than a Kubrow.

I don't know if veteran players will agree with me, but I would love if DE would take a look at Kubrows (and maybe Kavats?) and see what can be done to reflect their spot so early in the game.

Thank you!

Edited by DimLamp

DNA degradation (or whatever it's called) should just go away. With the amount of resources needed for some of the new stuff, I don't think we need any sort of Credits sink, and such a small one (about 12k Credits per 4 days is literally one mission). It's an unnecessary annoyance at this point.

I'd advise you to find a clan with Incubator Segment Upgrade researched (it halves DNA degradation to 5% per day). It will help you if you're short on Credits.

19 minutes ago, DimLamp said:

Snip

You are right in every way on this matter. The mission is now fairly old, and was created at a time where "Taxis" could get you into any planet just by hitching a ride with someone else, in other words, when unlocking each planet consisted to kill the boss and plug a segment into the Liset.

As for Kubrow having a crazy maintenance cost, and obnoxious DNA degradation is... For lack of a better term... "intended".
Kubrows are NOT companions intended for young players, they were conceived with the idea that, being clones you reproduce, their life is constantly endangered as their DNA degrades over time, making them a massive Sink for old players not knowing what to do of their credits.

Then came the "Nutrio Incubator Segment" which you can create if you have a dojo that has the BP, though beware, this segment costs a nice amount of credits and resources.

Note that if you are interested in obtaining the Nutrio, I would gladly lend you a hand for farming it, and (if you are interested) asking around my clan for imprints of kubrows you like.

Ill be honest. I dont use my living pets simply because i find wasting material to keep them alive stupid. I pull em out to enjy them cuz i love cats... show them off to a friend or so... then freeze them again. And there they stay.

A Sentinel is a much better option anyway. Vacuum to good.

Eh, you can bypass the DNA degeneration if you stick 'em in the fridge when you logoff, and pull them out when you logon.

However, as the pets don't have Vacuum, my cat, dog, and the infested thing known as Fluffy tend to stay in the fridge as I really dislike being a loot janitor =/

The Vacuum mod needs to go away, as do the DNA degeneration costs.

The Kubrow quest has been put in the game far too earlier, the cost of maintaining them is pretty small for long term players although I will say that personally I agree that the defrosting, degeneration and credit cost to revive them quicker should be removed, they really do make choosing to use a pet harder than it should be.

I'd prefer my incubator to be a 'pet version' of the sentinels storage unit and I can just select the one I want straight away without waiting so I don't need to 'plan ahead' and can just take one type of thing... the same as I can do with the sentinel.

9 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

The Vacuum mod needs to go away

No... seriously it's a mod now, remove it if YOU don't want it, personally I don't want to have to keep picking stuff up all the time like many others so vacuum is standard mod on my sentinels. 

It's bad enough it's not available on kubrows/kavats/charger and don't even get me started on chesa kubrows....even more annoying when I prefer to use my pets.

Edited by LSG501

7 hours ago, LSG501 said:

No... seriously it's a mod now, remove it if YOU don't want it, personally I don't want to have to keep picking stuff up all the time like many others so vacuum is standard mod on my sentinels. 

It's bad enough it's not available on kubrows/kavats/charger and don't even get me started on chesa kubrows....even more annoying when I prefer to use my pets.

Ok... how did you miss this?

17 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

However, as the pets don't have Vacuum, my cat, dog, and the infested thing known as Fluffy tend to stay in the fridge as I really dislike being a loot janitor =/

And interpret this:

17 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

The Vacuum mod needs to go away

To mean I want Vacuum pulled from the game without having the vacuum mechanic rolled into our warframes?