Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

individiual extractions for survivals?! why not?

morningstar999

In defenses you have the choice to leave the squad at every five rounds; on your own and keep your rewards, so why has never been a thing for survivals? Why can't you go to the exit and get say a 20/30 second count down for just you?

Having to wait for people that refuse to leave even though you need too is infuriating and frustrating. You don't want to scrap the hard work you've put into it but you may want/need to leave whilst the rest of your team stays.

So why? It makes no sense being we have that option for defenses.

I guess it has(had) something to do with enemies spawns. Defenses and Interceptions are round-based so the problem only shows when people disconnect or leave during a wave, but just imagine if 3 guys in a Survival decide to leave at the same time, the 4th guy will stay alone with the amount of enemies for a full squad, that can lead him to just get chainkilled without being able to reach the extraction if he's not well-geared. I already had a bug where everyone from my group was kicked during a host migration on Wave ~40 on Hydron, you then have to deal with the first wave considering the group is still full : that's tough. :P

Guess that's not a big deal though, as Survival and Excavations cannot be "failed" except when you reach out of Revives anyway.

At least, that's the only limitation I can see. I'd say these situations would be really, really occasional so that can't really justify this solution not to be added to the game.

Edited by Chewarette

52 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I guess it has(had) something to do with enemies spawns. Defenses and Interceptions are round-based so the problem only shows when people disconnect or leave during a wave, but just imagine if 3 guys in a Survival decide to leave at the same time, the 4th guy will stay alone with the amount of enemies for a full squad, that can lead him to just get chainkilled without being able to reach the extraction if he's not well-geared. I already had a bug where everyone from my group was kicked during a host migration on Wave ~40 on Hydron, you then have to deal with the first wave considering the group is still full : that's tough. :P

Guess that's not a big deal though, as Survival and Excavations cannot be "failed" except when you reach out of Revives anyway.

At least, that's the only limitation I can see. I'd say these situations would be really, really occasional so that can't really justify this solution not to be added to the game.

Seems like a simple coding change to adjust the spawn rate for less people.  It already happens in reverse when new players join an existing survival, excavation, defense, md (more enemies spawn to reflect the larger group size).  Shouldn't be too difficult for [DE] to implement.

We've been requesting this for as long as I can remember.  I have no clue why [DE] hasn't added it.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

They could simply add in the defence choice screen for all players if someone stands at the exit for 30-60 seconds and that would give players a choice if they want to continue.  Add in the countdown timer like you do on exterminate etc when 2 gets the exit so we know a pop up is coming.  Yes it might be a bit clunky but it's no worse than having the '1 player wants to leave' on your screen all the time.  

I often go to earth for my cryotic because you get the same amount of cryotic there as you do elsewhere and well it's 'fall asleep easy' and you can level stuff at the same time etc.  Now the issue with that is new players don't always have the gear or desire to go 1000+ cryotic and want to leave sooner than that.  Now high level players can easily cope with 1000+ on earth solo so we will likely want to keep going.

32 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

Seems like a simple coding change to adjust the spawn rate for less people.  It already happens in reverse when new players join an existing survival, excavation, defense, md (more enemies spawn to reflect the larger group size).  Shouldn't be too difficult for [DE] to implement.

Yes I think the spawn rate downgrades when someone leaves a Survival. But the fact is that it takes time to be noticed, as all the previously-spawned enemies will stay here and won't vanish.

The extreme case of 3 people leaving one guy alone will show it clealy, you'll be stuck with hundreds of enemies, and after you slaughtered all enemies that were here when people abandoned you, the spawnrate will be back to normal.

Edit to clarify : I'm with everyone here in favor of this change. I'm just trying to consider all the issues of such a system, even if they are very unlikely. I think nobody here would like a half-thought change that would add more problems that it solves.

Edited by Chewarette

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Yes I think the spawn rate downgrades when someone leaves a Survival. But the fact is that it takes time to be noticed, as all the previously-spawned enemies will stay here and won't vanish.

The extreme case of 3 people leaving one guy alone will show it clealy, you'll be stuck with hundreds of enemies, and after you slaughtered all enemies that were here when people abandoned you, the spawnrate will be back to normal.

Defence normally has one round with '4 people' enemies when one leaves so there is likely a small delay in the change.

26 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Defence normally has one round with '4 people' enemies when one leaves so there is likely a small delay in the change.

Yes, I think that's due to the fact the people who are living "disappear" from the group when the wave starts. The next wave is done with the current setup so that's fine.

But defense/interception are round-based, meaning that when someone leaves, no enemies are currently spawning (only one wave for defense, and enemies in Interceptions don't spawn until you cap one point). Survival and Excavation are on a continuous spawn and enemies won't magically disappear when someone leaves, so the "spawn process" of these mission will have to adapt but only when the current enemies are wiped out.

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

well the alternatives is you have like 30 seconds after every 5 minutes to get to the exit and leave (a bit like a defense but you have to actively move to the exit or something) they don't have a problem with tweaking enemy spawns between waves in defenses etc so...and enemy spawns in survivals is a lot, lot, lot smoother and more balanced than it used to be.

it really is a big deal if you have to quit early cus your teammates wont leave, so you loose everything. its also a big deal if your the one carrying their sorry asses and they don't help you when you need to go. and some cases you do infact die automatically when the air runs out, exit available or not. (not on normal runs generally but your mostly buggered with no air and going down to 1 hp)

anyway in my like 2 years of playing the game this has always been a pet peeve. If someone in our group asks to leave I always make the effort to help them leave as soon as possible, but a lot of people don't. T_T

Le typical prime farming survival:

'oh just one more lot'

'could we not, we have vaulted parts and you we all keep going down'

'no we keep going, just one more'

*5 minutes later *

'I think we should do one more, get that extra relic, don't matter that you didn't equip a relic cus we did....oh get me up again'

'fffffffff'

This was something people asked when I joined 3 years ago.... And we're still asking for it. We need it! 

I've been playing survival missions solo for a while now because people leave early most of the time. 

What happens if life strikes me and I suddenly need to leave?? I lose everything. DE needs to do something about it.

Just now, Stoner74 said:

This was something people asked when I joined 3 years ago.... And we're still asking for it. We need it! 

I've been playing survival missions solo for a while now because people leave early most of the time. 

What happens if life strikes me and I suddenly need to leave?? I lose everything. DE needs to do something about it.

Alt F4?

(the game thinks you crashed and all your stuff is saved/returned

Edited by ShadowStalker