Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why does everyone only sell in whole sets

cestus41

Question

so some backstory i stoped playing warframe about 4 1/2 years ago i think might have been 5 years anyway i have all these prime parts in my inventory for items that have since been vaulted and man wasent that suprising to find out that that was even a think parts for rhino prime boltor sicarus you name it i had it but... i cant seem to find ANYONE selling individual parts for these things its either somthing retarted like 250 plat for the whole set or nothing why is that???? is jacking up the price so much rly worth it and if so how the F*** did they even get those sets in the first place??????

10 answers to this question

People sell in whole set because it's worth more.

It's as simple as that.

Most of the time, the added price of each part is cheaper than the whole set, and that makes sense since the seller went through the bother of collecting all parts.

You just have to wait for the right seller - I break my sets all the time if the price is right.  Those people trying to sell Rhinos for 250p are banking on the hopes of desperate players to shell out anything - but realistically they don't make many sales - they sit in trade chat all day spamming with the hopes of finding a prey.  They also fail to recognize that anybody who isn't new to the game likely already has a couple set pieces - they make their market purely on new players.

I break sets all the time though - why try and hold onto a Nova Set and sell it for 200p when it will take me a month or more to do it? (If I'm lucky - I've never actually got the "standard" price for one of my vaulted sets before - those are just spammed numbers, not what they actually sell for) - I could just as easily sell 60p chassis for an immediate profit.  And in the end just because I do that, I make more plat faster.  

So just be aware, there are players like me out there who do break sets because it makes alot more sense than banking on the hopes of somebody wanting the full set.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Who's "everyone"? If you contact people that say they're selling a set and then get mad that they don't want to sell parts it's kinda your own problem.

Find those that sell parts separately, there's shtloads of those. With the new chat filters you can't possibly miss them. Judging by the price of 250 you going for it's either something new or vaulted so majority will try to collect a set to sell because that's what majority wants.

its all vaulted like i said over 4 years ago parts for the boltor boar rhino prime sicarus reaper volt helios ect i have a crapload of half finished gear that i spend all day spaming in trade chat trying to buy parts for hell iv started offering 60-70 plat EACH for some of the parts i want more and i get 0 takers

Welcome back the Warframe! Trade has evolved much over the time. Yes, the items you currently want are vaulted.

At this time it is easier for the sellers to sell whole vaulted sets due to the growing number of people now who do not have any of the pieces at all (Newer players). Individual parts are a little pricey due to this trend, and in theory if you buy all the individual parts instead of the whole set you should pay more. However, some sellers out there believe one vaulted part equals 80% or more of the whole set. Personal experience some guy was trying to sell me Loki Prime Helmet for 400 plat and I bought the set a few minutes later for 350 plat.

Some people have held on to these vaulted sets since the old Tier Void Keys (I still holding on to 1 and 1/2 Frost Prime set, and a couple others), or when DE un-vaults these primes for a limited time you can acquire the new Void Relics through missions and attempt to farm the parts again.

You may not find anyone today selling the part you are currently looking for, but I will say be vigilant and keep checking every day. Some of these prices do seem outlandish since it has been quite some time since you last played, but as the player base grew and more platinum has circulated through the game prices have rose. Also over time I see less and less people actually trading parts.

Because the set has it's own appeal for those who have just now arrived to warframe, they need all the components and are the easiest targets to obtain some platinum (yes i'm being blunt here).

I understand that selling 4 nova chasssis could be done alot easier , for a susbtantial amount of platinum, but i charge more for the set, so i prefer waiting to sell the entire set instead of seling parts, as that will leave me with quite a few extra parts that very few players need or want and less platinum.

Selling those parts that no one wants would take ages to sell given the amount i end up having, the only way to get rid of them is by selling them cheap, meaning to make any substantial and worthwile amounts of platinum it would take countless trades to do that.

For me is't easier and faster to anounce and sell sets than to sell individual components.

Rhino prime will stay at 600 until it unvaults. Bit hard to sell as most people are waiting for the unvaulting. I actually got mine for 550 which was fine by me as I really wanted him. I know people who have paid even 700 for a Loki prime. Its an open market as people are free to do what ever they please.

Regarding OPs query the reason for full sets mostly is as they sell faster. Its quite easy compared to previously as its easier to farm relics now as people can try to increases rng chances by sharing relics. I have sold a few full sets which I got without even targeted farming just doing random relic missions and equipping them blindly.