Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Octavia problem

Marine027

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Sure 30m area where the enemies will still ignore it if any of your squadmates decide to shoot into that crowd of mobs. Amp doubles range and damage but thats useless if nothing attacks the mallet.

You know what kind of aggro power the mallet has? Technically zero, its nothing but an attackeable target to the enemy just like a specter. Its insane how many times it just fails to attract enemies. I personally wish it would be based of power strenght because that would mean that the mobs would completely ignore more when the orb is placed, not like what happens currently.

Wrong.You just need to learn how to use it.This power is great for closing one direction enemies are coming from.If Mallet was primary target for enemies then it would be OP.It has that reduced attraction of enemy fire for a reason but non the less it's still very powerful and viable if used correctly.

1 minute ago, RistN said:

Wrong.You just need to learn how to use it.This power is great for closing one direction enemies are coming from.If Mallet was primary target for enemies then it would be OP.It has that reduced attraction of enemy fire for a reason but non the less it's still very powerful and viable if used correctly.

You may missed the first part of this argument. I was arguing with this guy that the mallet is not a "push1, go afk" skill especially if you are in squad.

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

You know what kind of aggro power the mallet has? Technically zero, its nothing but an attackeable target to the enemy just like a specter. Its insane how many times it just fails to attract enemies. I personally wish it would be based of power strenght because that would mean that the mobs would completely ignore more when the orb is placed, not like what happens currently.

Well I don't know what kind of game you're playing, but my mallet and roller thingy work fine baiting and taking all the damage. And on top of it, invisibility is close to immortality in this game.

20 hours ago, Trichouette said:

You guys should stop seeing everything "white or black", things can be inbetween, look how they changed the void loot, we went from "a sh*tload of useless parts looted in quick missions" to "you have to farm more to get the relic and then refine it but you'll have a bigger shot at what you seek"

Oh yes look how they changed the void. From getting tons of useless parts into completely effortless and ultra easy rush-the-objective missions. Grind decreased yes, but also took away the only endgameish content we had.

We're not seeing things in "white or black". We're being realistic here. Call me back once we got the token system for sorties, then i might continue to talk lol.

20 hours ago, Trichouette said:

And just because the game is F2P and casual it doesn't have to be "press one key to remove all enemies". If I wanted something that easy I'd play garry's mod.

If you wanted something balanced, you wouldn't be playing warframe. Few if almost no balance exists here. This game also lives off of powercreep. The sooner you acknowledge this, the easier you'll get used to it.

That "press one key to remove all enemies" i've pretty much covered in my previous post:

21 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

And unless there is something that actively denies gameplay or ruins gameplay of your teammates, nerfing for the sake of "it looks kinda OP to me" will only increase grind and make people go mad and/or quit the game.

Good thing that octavia doesn't fit into there. DE does take care of instagib abilities for the sake of your teammates already.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

And on top of it, invisibility is close to immortality in this game.

In solo maybe, in teamplay not so much. Still gotta take care. Also to get invis, octavia actually has to be active and get the buff while other frames simply just press 1 button and refresh.

Challenge in warframe is either wishful thinking or even harder grind. DE doesn't want any of that to happen. So it won't happen. Make of that what you will.

27 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Oh yes look how they changed the void. From getting tons of useless parts into completely effortless and ultra easy rush-the-objective missions. Grind decreased yes, but also took away the only endgameish content we had.

Because the old void wasn't "rush the objective"...? Because THAT was supposed to be endgame ? Camping in an endless mission forever and being bored to death ? because we can still do it, unless that now we can switch loot table by changing relic and we can have some bonus for staying longer.

(and btw I won't ever call this "never ending scalling" endgame)

Call me back once we got the token system for sorties, then i might continue to talk lol.

Still working on it, kinda.

In solo maybe, in teamplay not so much. Still gotta take care. Also to get invis, octavia actually has to be active and get the buff while other frames simply just press 1 button and refresh.

Does that make it less powerful ? Instead of this she can refresh it at will, and solo or not, as long as you're not standing between an objective/ally and the enemies, you're immortal.

Challenge in warframe is either wishful thinking or even harder grind. DE doesn't want any of that to happen. So it won't happen. Make of that what you will.

This game also lives off of powercreep. The sooner you acknowledge this, the easier you'll get used to it.

Another problem here, is that they're trying to balance stuff by nerfing obviously OP things, and at the same time they're trying to break the balance by releasing more powercreep and things like rivens.

Not my fault if it doesn't make sense.

Edited by Trichouette