Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion Equinox/Hydroid location swap.

Ohforf3

I am finally getting around to working on farming up the last couple of non prime frames and started thinking why is Hydroid on Earth and Equinox on Uranus?  It would fit their themes better if the 2 were switched so the water frame would be on the planet with almost all underwater and the day/night frame on the planet with a day/night cycle.  Switching the planets their parts drop on could also make farming Equinox easier by making day parts only drop during the day and night parts at night.

That's pretty amusing that it syncs up so well like that, I'd not even considered that before.  Obviously, hydroid came first so that's why he's on earth but its funny how they reverse match like that.

I agree they should be switched, definitely, I don't really think there is any lore or reason attached to the bosses that hold each frame to keep them where they are.

Maybe they will consider it with the earth remaster release, make an event out of it or something.

49 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

make farming Equinox easier by making day parts only drop during the day and night parts at night.

This part in particular would be a very awesome thematically appropriate change.

Edited by (PS4)Anemosylva
Missed an entire word

Only if the boss fights got changed too. Tyl's fight is fun and makes grinding the EIGHT different parts you need less of a chore. Vay Hek's fight is like pulling teeth. It's RNG-dependent and easily the most unfun of all the boss fights. Grinding out the 3 parts o Hydroid off that one is painful. If we were to have to do Vay Hek for EIGHT parts (my RNG luck with Tyl was something like 27 runs to get all 8 parts) then I can see a lot of people saying 'eff this' and going elsewhere. I would certainly have been one of them.

3 hours ago, Zendadaist said:

Only if the boss fights got changed too. Tyl's fight is fun and makes grinding the EIGHT different parts you need less of a chore. Vay Hek's fight is like pulling teeth. It's RNG-dependent and easily the most unfun of all the boss fights. Grinding out the 3 parts o Hydroid off that one is painful. If we were to have to do Vay Hek for EIGHT parts (my RNG luck with Tyl was something like 27 runs to get all 8 parts) then I can see a lot of people saying 'eff this' and going elsewhere. I would certainly have been one of them.

People are already going "eff this" and going elsewhere because it's 8 parts from a single loot table, this suggestion means it's 4 parts on 2 loot tables making it a whole lot easier and quicker to get the full set.

38 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

People are already going "eff this" and going elsewhere because it's 8 parts from a single loot table, this suggestion means it's 4 parts on 2 loot tables making it a whole lot easier and quicker to get the full set.

And still requires the Vay Hek fight to be done more frequently. Anything that means Vay Hek has to be fought -more- than already sounds absolutely horrible.