The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Damage tied to FPS

Myscho

26 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can confirm that we have been able to reproduce the issue on our end and we are currently in the process of investigating a fix. 

I hope this fix isn't just in regards to the MR test.  I just read all the replies to the reddit thread and apparently FPS affects a lot of dps related things in Warframe.  This is very disconcerting for someone like me who cannot play above 30 fps.

The best (worst) part was the video of someone with ultra high fps destroying the orb in only a second or two.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6fjpnb/why_game_physics_shouldnt_be_tied_to_framerate/

Huh, no offence but this would explain the annoying delay when fighting the Twin Queens. My damage and recharge rate seemed to have been perfect enough that it took all my operator energy just to take down one braid then wait until it recharges. Really ruins the tense mood.

Don't know if it's worth bringing up but this reminds me of the Demoman/Demoknight shields in tf2 turn speed used to be effected by FPS giving an unfair advantage to those with higher fps. Then they realised and made the tide turner shield for that.

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I hope this fix isn't just in regards to the MR test.  I just read all the replies to the reddit thread and apparently FPS affects a lot of dps related things in Warframe.  This is very disconcerting for someone like me who cannot play above 30 fps.

The goal of the fix is to have the damage done by Operator beams be consistent, regardless of framerate. It should no longer be tied to system performance. So anyone playing at 30FPS will be doing the same amount of damage as they would on a 200FPS machine.

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when you can expect this fix, but I can assure you that we are working to get it out as soon as possible (as well as have it included in the next console update).

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

The goal of the fix is to have the damage done by Operator beams be consistent, regardless of framerate. It should no longer be tied to system performance. So anyone playing at 30FPS will be doing the same amount of damage as they would on a 200FPS machine.

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when you can expect this fix, but I can assure you that we are working to get it out as soon as possible (as well as have it included in the next console update).

and apparently FPS affects a lot of dps related things in Warframe.

So that's a No, they're really only going to fix what broke the MR test.

As someone who recently had to toss their broken high-end GFX card away and switch to a much lower one, this makes me sad. Mesa's peacemakers and other forms of DPS are going to stay low for me :\

Edited by TGKazein

28 minutes ago, TGKazein said:

As someone who recently had to toss their broken high-end GFX card away and switch to a much lower one, this makes me sad. Mesa's peacemakers and other forms of DPS are going to stay low for me :\

We will absolutely take a look at those as well. Ideally damage should never be scaled by framerate in this way. While this specific fix may only be for the Operator's beam, it in no way rules out the potential for future damage fixes.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

Glad to see this being acknowledged. I figured it was a lost cause given how long Mesa has been around.

But yes, this is present in everything; high fire-rate melees, Nidus' Virulence, automatic guns, Razorwing's movement—any action(s) that should outpace a given FPS value are never able to, and it can be incredibly frustrating.

Edited by DVNC

small OT since here we are talking about the fps...

loading screen duration is also based on frame rate? on loading screen i have 30 fps and game is so slow to load , also if i'm host,every time is a pain since the loading screen take 1 or 2 minute to load .... 

and this is my connection , don't think is a bad one...

Immagine.png

Edited by LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R

• 4 weeks later...

@LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R
actually, that is a fairly bad connection.
The only thing outstanding there is the Ping.

I'd expect to see mid 40s, to low 50s for ping, and 30~ish download, with 4 to 5 upload. (not .4, whole 4.0)

The upload is the worst part, as that limits how much your warframe client can speak to the servers per second. (and unsurprisingly, limiting this is a horribly bad thing)

1 hour ago, AriesGreyscale said:

@LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R
actually, that is a fairly bad connection.
The only thing outstanding there is the Ping.

I'd expect to see mid 40s, to low 50s for ping, and 30~ish download, with 4 to 5 upload. (not .4, whole 4.0)

The upload is the worst part, as that limits how much your warframe client can speak to the servers per second. (and unsurprisingly, limiting this is a horribly bad thing)

I had a worse connection and game never give me problem , but now i fix all from the launcher, i removed few think and now load all in few second , so is not a really connection problem

Immagine.png

iin this way my game load fast , if i active again this option i will have again all the loading problem

Edited by LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R