Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Excalibur Exalted Blade build with Chromatic Blade

CrazyWFGamer

Question

16 answers to this question

a few tips for when your making a build. having a power strength of 180 gives your chromatic blade a 100% status chance. and im pretty sure getting more than 100% status chance does nothing. So if you have 180 power strength there is no point in putting dual stat mods on your melee as it would just lower its base damage. also a good mod for exalted blade builds is energy conversion which you get from Cephalon Simaris. once you pick up an energy orb it will give your next cast a 50% power strength bonus, and for channeled abilities like exalted blade it last the entire time the ability is active, so its basically a bonus 50 power strength with no draw backs.

im at work so im going off memory, i used nikana prime with 90% toxin, and dual stat toxin mod, p. pressure point, true steel,organ shatter, healing return and conditional overload.  

excal build - red energy for fire ( which combines with nikana for gas )

vit, steel fiber, transient, stretch, chromatic blade, p continuity, fleet, streamline

steel charge and power drift.

blind a room of anything ( get stealth gas multiplier ) and exalted blade will melt them all and return health to you for free.

Also have full arcane grace on syndana and full arcane ultimatum on helmet. really helps keep him alive

Edited by Dark5eiD

You need a minimum of 180% power strength to make full use of Chromatic Blade.
The easiest so far is Energy Conversion + power drift + arcane helm (if you have it).
Otherwise Energy Conversion + Intensify.

The former saves a precious slot that you won't lose to intensify. So get it if possible :P
And I don't recommend Transient Fort as Excal is a drainer, so using Energy Conversion goes a long way to sustain energy.

Anyway once you get that 180% power strength sweet spot, you can front load your melee weapon for pure damage. 
Personally I am using the condition overload. So on the contrary to others, I put gas on my melee weapon, then I use another element like Ice or electricity to stack up the multiplier. 

Remember you are losing 3 potential physical stacks for pure elemental damage and 100% status chance, so vary as much as possible.

Edited by fatpig84

im a be honest the dumbest thing about this is that condition overload works with it which pushes it to more extreme heights more then thats the only thing i think should be nerfed like the mod just dosnt work with the eb

Edited by AwakenAces

Exalted Blades has already had its damage reduced multiple times. It's at the point that it actually does need Condition Overload plus Chromatic Blade to make it worth using.

The bread and butter damage skills for other frames like Mesa have never been touched, nor do they even usually get bought up for nerf suggestions. I think it has a lot more to do with people reacting a "starter" frame being competitive at the high end and perceiving that as somehow not OK than Excalibur actually needing yet another hit to Exalted Blade.

For the OP:

I use Arcane Pendragon, Power Drift, and Transient Fortitude to hit the 180% (actually 185% in this example, but extra power damage helps) mark required for guaranteed status. This is paired with Primed Flow, Constitution, Primed Continuity, Stretch, Streamline, Steel Fibre, and Vitality.

On my melee weapon I run Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Condition Overload, Life Strike, and four 90% Elemental mods arranged appropriately for the enemy faction.

These are Forma-heavy, but I find it worthwhile.

To pile on even more status effects and boost damage, use Taxon or Diriga as your Sentinel.