Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grim - Sentient reaper (Fan concept)

Sketch065

Hello

A little warning first. This is a collection of more ideas which reasulted in a quite extensive topic page.

I tried to write it as short as possible and make it as visually pleasable as i could, but be ready to read.

As it was with my Okisor, the idea for this weapon started a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, not so far away, still in the days of damage 1.0.

Back then, there wasn't much lore in Warframe, so i wanted it to just be an ancient weapon of unkonwn origin, but the introduction of Sentients provided me with a few ideas and i got a few more ideas when playing the Darkness 2.

Since this is an extensive collection of ideas to make the weapon unique, i have decided to split the concept in 2 parts.

In the first part, you will find the reference sheet with weapon statistics, fan art and a few unique features.

The second part includes the weapon's backstory, some more features and the acquisition system, that are not important for the weapon's efficiency, but should fit the style of the weapon.

Part 1 --------------------------------------

Mastery Level - 8

Weapon Type - Scythe

Attack Speed - 0.950

Physical Damage - 160.0

Impact1 - 5.0

Puncture - 130.0

Slash - 25.0

Crit Chance - 20.0%

Crit Multiplier - 2.0x

Status Chance - 15.0%

Slam Attacks - 320.0

Slide Attacks - 320.0

Wall Attacks - 320.0

grimm_reference_sheet_big_by_sketch3065-

Pictures with better resolution:

Spoiler

grim_1_by_sketch3065-dbccbc3.jpg

grim_2_by_sketch3065-dbccb0o.jpg

grim_3_by_sketch3065-dbccalq.jpg

Part 2 --------------------------------------

Just a reminder, this part contains a few more ideas, that are not important for the weapon's usefulness, but should make it a little more unique.

Backstory:

A long time ago, before Sentients arrived to Origin system, there was a Sentient nammed Grim.

Filled with lust for blood, Grim became too dangerous for eny living creature including his fellow Sentients.

After a forgoten incident that he caused, he was exiled and later assassinated by those he once called brothers.

But before his death, knowing that they would come for him, he created a weapon, in which he transfered a part of his consciousness in order to be able to rise again after his death. 

After his death, any traces of him were wiped from the records, and the weapon was never heard of again... untill now.

Extra features:

-While wielded, every 60 seconds the weapon has a chance to steal from it's owner either 75% energy, 75% shields or 50% health to give itself an x2 damage boost that lasts for 10 seconds. (these steals will not occur if Tenno's energy, health or shields are below 50%).

-Because of Grim's infernal hate for the Sentients, and the weapon containing a part of his consciousness, the weapon behaves quite differently when the Tenno is dealing with them.

-No matter the set color, the energy blade turns crimson and has more unstable, flamelike apperance and Tenno's screen starts slightly shaking.

-While it normally only whispers on finisher kills, when the Sentients attack Grim starts screaming the following lines:

-TRAITORS!!! WE SHALL FEAST ON YOUR SOULS!!! (when they appear)

-TRAITORS!!! YOU'LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!! (when they appear)

-FEAR US!!! (when killing one)

-WE SHALL HAVE OUR VENGEANCE!!! (when killing one)

-YOU CANNOT STOP US!!! (when killing one)

-I WANT YOUR LIVES!!! (when killing one)

-We shall rise again. (When all the sentients are dealt with and the weapon calms down)

-When sheathed, upon the Sentient arrival the weapon screams one of the first two lines, starts to radiate crimson smoke and Tenno's screen shakes. 

-Upon strike, has 10% chance to steal 100% of Tenno's energy, shields or 70% health, to give itself a power boost that is capable to insta kill a Sentient.

-Because of Stalker's involvement with Hunhow, his attack on Tenno will not go without a comment.

-Grim does not belive Stalker is worthy of experiencing his full power, during the attack the weapon will remain in it's default state, but Grim will have a few things to say:

-Hunhow's puppet finaly crawls from the shadows.

-Traitor's pet, you think you are worthy of feel our rage?

-Worthless little worm, always doing what he is told.

-Hunhow is a fool by trusting a mindless freak.

-Pathetic (When Stalker is killed or if he manages to defeat the Tenno)

Acquisition:

Because this is a Sentient weapon, i thought that just buying the blueprint and crafting it in the foundry, wasn't fitting enough.

The acquisition of the weapon would be a minor "sub-quest" that becomes available after The second dream and when the player reaches mastery rank 8.

While playing any mission on Uranus the player would get the transmission from the Lotus saying:

"Tenno, i am detecting some strange signals from your location. Whatever it is, i want you to find it and scan it. It could be important."

After the transmision ends, the player's minimap displays a small symbol showing the location of Ancient storage cache. Once the player finds and scans the cache the Lotus calls again:

"It apperas to be some sort of storage cache of ancient design. I can't detect what's in it. Try breaking it open."

When the transmission the cache bacomes vaulrnable and Tenno is free to break it open. Upon opening it, the cache rewards the player with Unknown blueprint and another transmition from Lotus:

"When you opened the cache it released a load of data, i have managed to intercept all of it. The data seems to be incripted, i'll start on decription immidietly."

After that, the player is free to finish the mission. Once the player arrives on his/her landing craft the Lotus calls again:

"Tenno. The data i intercepted was not incripted, but written in a strange language. I was able to translate it, but it's not making any sense. It's just repeating one word, Grim. I suspect that this is only a small part of a larger archive. There must be more of those caches containing the rest of the data. Maybe you will be able to find more of them on your missions."   

Now the Tenno must find 3 more Ancient storage caches each one containing a part of the archive and one of the following:

Unknown blade

Unknown lower hilt and 

Unknown upper hilt.

These caches can be found randomly, by playing missions on Uranus (Grineer sea lab).

Once all the parts are collected, the Tenno is able to craft the Unknown weapon.

After the Tenno claims the weapon from the foundry it is revealed as Grim and Lotus calls again:

"Tenno. I was able to translate the entire archive. It speaks of an ancient Sentient named Grim who was exiled and assassinated by the rest of his kind. The archive says that before his death, Grim has transfered a part of his consciousness into a weapon of his own design in order to be able to rise again after his death. Tenno, this Grim was very dangerous not only to other races, but to Sentients as well. If the weapon you crafted trully contains a part of his consciousness, i cant tell what it's capable of. I won't tell you what to do, but please be carefull when using it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked my little weapon concept here.

If you have any questions or think that something could be changed, fell free to let me know in the comments bellow. (It is highly unlikely that i will change anything, but you can still try)

And if you liked my concept, maybe you will like some of my previous work.

Fell free to check my DeviantArt gallery, my previous concepts for Okisor - Advanced combat rifle and Kubrow augment collars,

or follow the growth of My tiny arsenal.

Have fun.

Edited by Sketch065

I really like the concept of having a weapon that can buff itself by harming the wielder and it fits really well with the theme you've set! From what you've explained, it would be especially powerful on frames like Inaros who can easily sacrifice Health/Energy for the benefits of the damage buff. Though arguably losing Shields or Energy on most frames would be much easier to manage than losing Health (most cases). Perhaps the damage buff alters slightly based on which stat is lost? Shields giving the lowest buff whilst health grants the most?

All in all, really nice weapon!

Awesome work overall, and I'm especially loving the sculpt, but you forgot the crit stats and status chance.

Not the biggest fan of weapons that harm the user though. Maybe reduce the cost, and of course the strength of the buff as well to balance. Also, some consistency in which resource it drained would be appreciated.

I love the concept of it debuffing the player to buff its damage, however i'd prefer a more consistent debuff... maybe something like consume health instead of energy on channeling? Idk, Shields and energy are recoverable on almost any warframe, so hp is the one thing every frame has in common, so I feel like that's a possibility.

18 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

Awesome work overall, and I'm especially loving the sculpt, but you forgot the crit stats and status chance.

Not the biggest fan of weapons that harm the user though. Maybe reduce the cost, and of course the strength of the buff as well to balance. Also, some consistency in which resource it drained would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, Makuta_Nazo said:

I love the concept of it debuffing the player to buff its damage, however i'd prefer a more consistent debuff... maybe something like consume health instead of energy on channeling? Idk, Shields and energy are recoverable on almost any warframe, so hp is the one thing every frame has in common, so I feel like that's a possibility.

Thank you for the feedback and for reminding me that i missed critical chance and status chance. With everything i had to do for this concept, i simply fortgot to add them.

As for the weapon stealing users health, shield and energy, i'm affraid that you might have missed the point.

As said by the Lotus in the last part of the mini-quest i wrote:

"Tenno, this Grim was very dangerous not only to other races, but to Sentients as well. If the weapon you crafted trully contains a part of his consciousness, i cant tell what it's capable of. I won't tell you what to do, but please be carefull when using it."

In other words, Grim is not ment to be a user friendly weapon.

He is a ruthless, unpredictable, power hungry creature that just takes what he wants, whenever he wants for his own personal gain.

Having a more controlled rate at which he drains the reasources would not fit his personality,

and consuming health for buffs only when channeling would give the user too much control over him (Maybe some other weapon, but not Grim).

Edited by Sketch065

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:08 PM, Sketch065 said:

Hello

A little warning first. This is a collection of more ideas which reasulted in a quite extensive topic page.

I tried to write it as short as possible and make it as visually pleasable as i could, but be ready to read.

As it was with my Okisor, the idea for this weapon started a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, not so far away, still in the days of damage 1.0.

Back then, there wasn't much lore in Warframe, so i wanted it to just be an ancient weapon of unkonwn origin, but the introduction of Sentients provided me with a few ideas and i got a few more ideas when playing the Darkness 2.

Since this is an extensive collection of ideas to make the weapon unique, i have decided to split the concept in 2 parts.

In the first part, you will find the reference sheet with weapon statistics, fan art and a few unique features.

The second part includes the weapon's backstory, some more features and the acquisition system, that are not important for the weapon's efficiency, but should fit the style of the weapon.

Part 1 --------------------------------------

Mastery Level - 8

Weapon Type - Scythe

Attack Speed - 0.950

Physical Damage - 160.0

Impact1 - 5.0

Puncture - 130.0

Slash - 25.0

Crit Chance - 20.0%

Crit Multiplier - 2.0x

Status Chance - 15.0%

Slam Attacks - 320.0

Slide Attacks - 320.0

Wall Attacks - 320.0

grimm_reference_sheet_big_by_sketch3065-

Pictures with better resolution:

Hide contents

grim_1_by_sketch3065-dbccbc3.jpg

grim_2_by_sketch3065-dbccb0o.jpg

grim_3_by_sketch3065-dbccalq.jpg

Part 2 --------------------------------------

Just a reminder, this part contains a few more ideas, that are not important for the weapon's usefulness, but should make it a little more unique.

Backstory:

A long time ago, before Sentients arrived to Origin system, there was a Sentient nammed Grim.

Filled with lust for blood, Grim became too dangerous for eny living creature including his fellow Sentients.

After a forgoten incident that he caused, he was exiled and later assassinated by those he once called brothers.

But before his death, knowing that they would come for him, he created a weapon, in which he transfered a part of his consciousness in order to be able to rise again after his death. 

After his death, any traces of him were wiped from the records, and the weapon was never heard of again... untill now.

Extra features:

-While wielded, every 60 seconds the weapon has a chance to steal from it's owner either 75% energy, 75% shields or 50% health to give itself an x2 damage boost that lasts for 10 seconds. (these steals will not occur if Tenno's energy, health or shields are below 50%).

-Because of Grim's infernal hate for the Sentients, and the weapon containing a part of his consciousness, the weapon behaves quite differently when the Tenno is dealing with them.

-No matter the set color, the energy blade turns crimson and has more unstable, flamelike apperance and Tenno's screen starts slightly shaking.

-While it normally only whispers on finisher kills, when the Sentients attack Grim starts screaming the following lines:

-TRAITORS!!! WE SHALL FEAST ON YOUR SOULS!!! (when they appear)

-TRAITORS!!! YOU'LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!! (when they appear)

-FEAR US!!! (when killing one)

-WE SHALL HAVE OUR VENGEANCE!!! (when killing one)

-YOU CANNOT STOP US!!! (when killing one)

-I WANT YOUR LIVES!!! (when killing one)

-We shall rise again. (When all the sentients are dealt with and the weapon calms down)

-When sheathed, upon the Sentient arrival the weapon screams one of the first two lines, starts to radiate crimson smoke and Tenno's screen shakes. 

-Upon strike, has 10% chance to steal 100% of Tenno's energy, shields or 70% health, to give itself a power boost that is capable to insta kill a Sentient.

-Because of Stalker's involvement with Hunhow, his attack on Tenno will not go without a comment.

-Grim does not belive Stalker is worthy of experiencing his full power, during the attack the weapon will remain in it's default state, but Grim will have a few things to say:

-Hunhow's puppet finaly crawls from the shadows.

-Traitor's pet, you think you are worthy of feel our rage?

-Worthless little worm, always doing what he is told.

-Hunhow is a fool by trusting a mindless freak.

-Pathetic (When Stalker is killed or if he manages to defeat the Tenno)

Acquisition:

Because this is a Sentient weapon, i thought that just buying the blueprint and crafting it in the foundry, wasn't fitting enough.

The acquisition of the weapon would be a minor "sub-quest" that becomes available after The second dream and when the player reaches mastery rank 8.

While playing any mission on Uranus the player would get the transmission from the Lotus saying:

"Tenno, i am detecting some strange signals from your location. Whatever it is, i want you to find it and scan it. It could be important."

After the transmision ends, the player's minimap displays a small symbol showing the location of Ancient storage cache. Once the player finds and scans the cache the Lotus calls again:

"It apperas to be some sort of storage cache of ancient design. I can't detect what's in it. Try breaking it open."

When the transmission the cache bacomes vaulrnable and Tenno is free to break it open. Upon opening it, the cache rewards the player with Unknown blueprint and another transmition from Lotus:

"When you opened the cache it released a load of data, i have managed to intercept all of it. The data seems to be incripted, i'll start on decription immidietly."

After that, the player is free to finish the mission. Once the player arrives on his/her landing craft the Lotus calls again:

"Tenno. The data i intercepted was not incripted, but written in a strange language. I was able to translate it, but it's not making any sense. It's just repeating one word, Grim. I suspect that this is only a small part of a larger archive. There must be more of those caches containing the rest of the data. Maybe you will be able to find more of them on your missions."   

Now the Tenno must find 3 more Ancient storage caches each one containing a part of the archive and one of the following:

Unknown blade

Unknown lower hilt and 

Unknown upper hilt.

These caches can be found randomly, by playing missions on Uranus (Grineer sea lab).

Once all the parts are collected, the Tenno is able to craft the Unknown weapon.

After the Tenno claims the weapon from the foundry it is revealed as Grim and Lotus calls again:

"Tenno. I was able to translate the entire archive. It speaks of an ancient Sentient named Grim who was exiled and assassinated by the rest of his kind. The archive says that before his death, Grim has transfered a part of his consciousness into a weapon of his own design in order to be able to rise again after his death. Tenno, this Grim was very dangerous not only to other races, but to Sentients as well. If the weapon you crafted trully contains a part of his consciousness, i cant tell what it's capable of. I won't tell you what to do, but please be carefull when using it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked my little weapon concept here.

If you have any questions or think that something could be changed, fell free to let me know in the comments bellow. (It is highly unlikely that i will change anything, but you can still try)

And if you liked my concept, maybe you will like some of my previous work.

Fell free to check my DeviantArt gallery, my previous concepts for Okisor - Advanced combat rifle and Kubrow augment collars,

or follow the growth of My tiny arsenal.

Have fun.

A scythe with a piece of a Sentient's consciousness imbued in to it? Count me in!

BTW, Any Polarities for Grim? Like at least one for his Stance slot?