Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 24 test

(XBOX)Oussii

9 minutes ago, Teloch said:

dash around or at the top of the globe

You can't sit on top of the globe anymore, they changed that because it's exploitative in nature.

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Is there any tips to pass this test?

I kill. Go invisible. Still die quickly

I would appreciate any tips

THANKS 

Try to prioritize keeping the orb down, but making sure to sprint around and blast those maggots away when they get too close. After your beam stops on the Orb, it takes about 3-4 seconds to start regenerating. If you can control your energy and keep hitting the orb about every 2-3 seconds (even for just an instant), you'll eventually wear it down, but don't worry if you die a few times. I did as well.

Other than that, just try to avoid the Brood Mothers and their maggots as much as possible, if you have a bit of extra energy try void dashing them off of the map. It worked wonders for me.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

The cheese strat currently is to void dash onto the globe and strike down.

Edit:

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

You can't sit on top of the globe anymore, they changed that because it's exploitative in nature.

oh cool, nvm

If you want to actually play the game though..

try using the pillars to block line of sight with the spawners to delay them from targetting you.

try using void dash to eliminate a row of maggots all at once, or surprising a spawner with it to launch them off an edge to their death.

try using the energy orbs spawning at the 2 sides of the map to replenish your energy when you are low.

Practice the tests in Cephalon Simaris's room before taking the test. It is difficult, but achievable.

Edited by Jakorak

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Maybe it's because progress you have on the Orb in the center doesn't reset either?

you are correct, and this makes a new stupid borked cheese method... DON'T CARE ABOUT DIEING... JUST KEEP SHOOTING

12 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

you are correct, and this makes a new stupid borked cheese method... DON'T CARE ABOUT DIEING... JUST KEEP SHOOTING

Only thing stopping that is that you have a limited number of lives (3 I believe) and if you just keep shooting at the orb its very easy to die 3 times before the orb is destroyed.

So you still have to worry about survival regardless.

46 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Try to prioritize keeping the orb down, but making sure to sprint around and blast those maggots away when they get too close. After your beam stops on the Orb, it takes about 3-4 seconds to start regenerating. If you can control your energy and keep hitting the orb about every 2-3 seconds (even for just an instant), you'll eventually wear it down, but don't worry if you die a few times. I did as well.

Other than that, just try to avoid the Brood Mothers and their maggots as much as possible, if you have a bit of extra energy try void dashing them off of the map. It worked wonders for me.

Wouldn't you die if u dash outside the map?

I heard that, somehow, the damage the orb takes from your beam is somehow tied to your frame rate. So maybe you could try turning all your graphics settings down as low as possible + unlock the frame rate to see if you do more damage.

For reference, someone doing the test with a very high rate of FPS:

Then again, this gif was obviously created before they fixed being able to sit on the orb, so take this info with a grain of salt; it might have been fixed already.

Edited by Jackviator

49 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Only thing stopping that is that you have a limited number of lives (3 I believe) and if you just keep shooting at the orb its very easy to die 3 times before the orb is destroyed.

So you still have to worry about survival regardless.

just abuse the energy orbs on the ground and the invincibility phase after respawning, it's super easy.

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Wouldn't you die if u dash outside the map?

1) if you fall off the map, it will just place you back on the map like out of bounds zones do in the entire game

2) you don't need to dash off the map, just dash through a spawner in the direction of an edge and watch them fly

2 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

I heard that, somehow, the damage the orb takes from your beam is somehow tied to your frame rate. So maybe you could try turning all your graphics settings down as low as possible + unlock the frame rate to see if you do more damage.

They fixed that issue.

On 6/7/2017 at 1:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Operator Void Beam damage being framerate dependent

And as noted they fixed the exploit of being able to sit on the orb.

44 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Then again, this gif was obviously created before they fixed being able to sit on the orb, so take this info with a grain of salt; it might have been fixed already.

Not only did they fix being able to sit on the orb itself, Operator Damage being tied to FPS also got fixed.
So neither of these things will work.

Just noticed that Tsukinoki said basically the same thing I did.
My bad... lol

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

10 hours ago, Jackviator said:

On XBOX, you cannot control the frame rate