Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chromatic's Blade best choice

Raskol

Question

Hi there
So im trying to build my excalibur with the new augment. Since it makes every melee go up to 100% status chance (with 180% power strenght) i was looking for a weapon with only elemental dmg (cause the mod doesn't work with the basic ones) and possibly highest crit chance and found that Dark Split Sword should fit just fine. Im still building it so i cant test but i think this build should make a lot of damage:

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Dark_Split-Sword/t_30_220030001_224-2-5-226-7-5-239-3-5-241-5-5-245-6-5-251-4-5-292-8-3-733-0-9-793-1-5_733-7-793-8-224-9-239-9-251-6-241-11-245-11-226-9-292-10/en/4-0-104

Its radiation + corosive and heat which i'd combine with toxin dmg from excalibur for gas.

Will that weapon be so good as i think it would? Whats your opinion on that? Can i improve it somehow?

Edited by Raskolnikow

13 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Toxin from excal will combine with your corrosive, not the heat mod. And the base radiation damage from the weapon doesn't carry through to exalted blade.

Any way to force it to deal corosive + radiation + some element good vs health (heat/toxin/viral)?

4 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Any way to force it to deal corosive + radiation + some element good vs health (heat/toxin/viral)?

Negative, it can have at most 2 combined elements on it, and they're the same element combinations you can make regularly, gas/magnetic, corrosive/blast, rad/viral.

Honestly, corrosive by itself can take out lvl 140 corrupted heavy gunners in seconds, and gas can kill nearly anything else.

Edited by rapt0rman

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

Negative, it can have at most 2 combined elements on it, and they're the same element combinations you can make regularly, gas/magnetic, corrosive/blast, rad/viral.

Honestly, corrosive by itself can take out lvl 140 corrupted heavy gunners in seconds, and gas can kill nearly anything else in seconds.

:/ thought if it was radiation in first place i could make like 3 combinations (even 3,5 if excaluibur color is counted)

Guess ill have to w8 till it builds and then gonna do some testing

4 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

:/ thought if it was radiation in first place i could make like 3 combinations (even 3,5 if excaluibur color is counted)

Guess ill have to w8 till it builds and then gonna do some testing

I mean, I'm testing it right now, weapons with base elemental damage don't carry through to exalted blade : /

Really you don't need to do anything fancy with chromatic blade, with just a single combined element it's already one of the most powerful damaging abilities in the game.

Edited by rapt0rman

5 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I mean, I'm testing it right now, weapons with base elemental damage don't carry through to exalted blade : /

Really you don't need to do anything fancy with chromatic blade, with just a single combined element it's already one of the most powerful damaging abilities in the game.

Yeah but what's the point of it when i can got without it and take something like galatine p and destroy everything only with slash dmg
Thought the more elements on my weapon the better it would be (expecially for something like condition overload or healing return)

6 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Yeah but what's the point of it when i can got without it and take something like galatine p and destroy everything only with slash dmg
Thought the more elements on my weapon the better it would be (expecially for something like condition overload or healing return)

Well if you need a point, it's that anything you can destroy with galatine prime you can destroy faster with chromatic blade, along with everyone 40m behind it O.o

I'm not exaggerating when I say one of the most powerful damaging abilities in the game.

Edited by rapt0rman

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:42 AM, Praxxor said:

...Don't forget to use status overdrive or whatever the mod was called.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

... condition overload...

I've seen builds with Silva and Aegis Prime and more builds with Nikana Prime.  I believe people are using those weapons because they are the best combination of damage and stats to use outside of EB.  For use outside of EB Dark Split-Sword would add another elemental combo for Condition Overload to proc off of and if you use a dual sword stance it should be able to use Excal's passive.  The problem with that is the status chance on it is low and the damage is lower then other choices.  Status chance is higher if you use a heavy blade stance but I decided on Nikana Prime because I couldn't find another weapon that was better then it overall that used Excal's passive.

Technically the most powerful build for Chromatic Blade is...

Prime Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Berserk, 90%x2 Corrosive Drifting Contact, Condition Overload, Relentless Combination

Use in Conjunction with Madurai Slash passive. +300-400% from combo multiplier which is further multiplied by 120% from CO.

Of course good luck staying alive to make use of that damage but it works well if you can hide behind a Volt Shield or Frost Globe.

Chromatic Blade is better against armor obviously but it's about the same as that mentioned setup against Corpus and actually worse against Infested and CPx4 since CO will give normal EB up to 240% using IPS damage and you can use Naramon or something far more safe.

14 hours ago, Arcainyx said:

I've seen builds with Silva and Aegis Prime and more builds with Nikana Prime.  I believe people are using those weapons because they are the best combination of damage and stats to use outside of EB.  For use outside of EB Dark Split-Sword would add another elemental combo for Condition Overload to proc off of and if you use a dual sword stance it should be able to use Excal's passive.  The problem with that is the status chance on it is low and the damage is lower then other choices.  Status chance is higher if you use a heavy blade stance but I decided on Nikana Prime because I couldn't find another weapon that was better then it overall that used Excal's passive.

The weapon's base damage won't affect EB, you can get the exact same results with a skana