The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Duels are underrated

firephoenixearl

6 hours ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Tbh I have never used someone else's build. I don't see the point. It's not hard to figure out what a weapon is good at or how to build it. And when in doubt, toss on some more damage.

I mean, every crit build is pretty straightforward. Add in the +crit % and +crit dmg, then the acolyte mods unless you plan on hipfiring/quick melee'ing most of the time. Done. That's 90% of crit builds in the game. Why would you need to be told this for every single crit weapon? Same goes for status builds. Granted, status builds do have a bit more options in regards to mods, but it the core is almost always the exact same stuff.

What I have done is on occasion, is adopted some mods I otherwise overlooked into my builds based on another's suggestion. For example Brozime shining the light on the Burston syndicate mod. I didn't think some fire rate would make much of a difference, boy was I wrong there. But that is different than copy/pasting a build that someone else did, a build that should be common sense if you understand the basics of the game.

I know this is sort of off-topic, but this place is a train-wreck anyways. *shrug*

Yes because it is so hard to build for straight damage and speed for the old DS battles.

And no I don't copy others builds, the group I am with does make many of the builds you see since it is Tactical Potato, H3ADSHOT and Frozenballz.

And nothing personal but Brozime's builds make me cringe half the time.

7 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

I once dueled against my Clan mate.

I was a Rhino and he was a Nezha. 

I challenged him, thinking he was gonna get a train run on 'em. 

I regretted it soon after realizing his gun did more Damage. 

My poor Rhino lost 10 times in a row. 

In my opinion PVP is more frustrating than soloing the starchart,  

Try dueling melee only with rules.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Yes because it is so hard to build for straight damage and speed for the old DS battles.

And no I don't copy others builds, the group I am with does make many of the builds you see since it is Tactical Potato, H3ADSHOT and Frozenballz.

Heh they all pale in comparison to the builds a true dueler can make, if u don't belive me put them to the test. The knowledge needed to make pve builds is just way too small, there are too many stuff indicating the results for u to go wrong, while in duels sometimes u think u have the best build but it ends up meh or u make a random build and it ends up not too bad.

31 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I agree about cringy YouTube builds, because for dueling, there really isn't a single best setup or much mandatory. Dueling is so free too build because it is dependant on your playstyle. In pve, you literally only have 1 free slot to put your flavor mods in because every other slot has been filled with mandatory mods for builds. In dueling, there's so much freedom for you to mod to how you play.  Are you defensive? Use reflection and get a kick out of those atterax slide spammers. Are you a hit and run? Use a toxin build with status. Do you like being fast? Plenty speed and parkour mods to go around. You like being airborne? Take an aviator, or agility drift and watch bullets just pass you by. I can go on, but i think the point is clear. So much variety for dueling, especially with melee, since you don't need those dreaded shadow debt mods.

A straffing arrow shot is instant montage clip lol

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

41 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

I once dueled against my Clan mate.

I was a Rhino and he was a Nezha. 

I challenged him, thinking he was gonna get a train run on 'em. 

I regretted it soon after realizing his gun did more Damage. 

My poor Rhino lost 10 times in a row. 

In my opinion PVP is more frustrating than soloing the starchart,  

Lol rhino use to be God in dojo, but after pvp iron skin nerf, he's nigh useless. Blame pvp whiners for blabbering until the Crotch God was ruined. That's why i run melee only no powers now.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Lol rhino use to be God in dojo, but after pvp iron skin nerf, he's nigh useless. Blame pvp whiners for blabbering until the Crotch God was ruined. That's why i run melee only no powers now.

CHEAP xD. Jk in the early days abilities were just too op to forget about them, they used to call me the "chilling god" back in the days xD,i guess u know why.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I agree about cringy YouTube builds, because for dueling, there really isn't a single best setup or much mandatory. Dueling is so free too build because it is dependant on your playstyle. In pve, you literally only have 1 free slot to put your flavor mods in because every other slot has been filled with mandatory mods for builds. In dueling, there's so much freedom for you to mod to how you play.  Are you defensive? Use reflection and get a kick out of those atterax slide spammers. Are you a hit and run? Use a toxin build with status. Do you like being fast? Plenty speed and parkour mods to go around. You like being airborne? Take an aviator, or agility drift and watch bullets just pass you by. I can go on, but i think the point is clear. So much variety for dueling, especially with melee, since you don't need those dreaded shadow debt mods.

A straffing arrow shot is instant montage clip lol

Hmm pls don't encourage ppl to use reflection, it's too cheap, there are ways around atterax users, reflection is one of those mods me and my friends prefer to ban against each-other (same as retribution, toxic flight, ice spring etc). Maiming atterax is just to easy to beat for ppl to be using reflection.

21 hours ago, firephoenixearl said:

There are way too many stuff i need to prove wrong in there which is why im not even gonna bother, give me 1 day and i will make sure to prove all of that wrong once and for all (not only that, every "superstition" about dueling, every "1 hko;" every "weapons are imbalanced" every status is broken and the list goes on). Just give me 1 day.

It's been a day.

ahwg.gif

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

My issues are as follows:

• I find it boring - it's not my cup of tea
  • I have an issue with how duelers sneer at others for not having enough skill and other insults when someone expresses the opinion of the bullet above
  • (Previously unexpressed) latency in host connections can cause issues that favor certain participants over others

Like I said before, if you like dueling, have fun with it.  I don't.  Just don't look down on others and sneer at them because they don't like what you like.

Just now, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

My issues are as follows:

• I find it boring - it's not my cup of tea
  • I have an issue with how duelers sneer at others for not having enough skill and other insults when someone expresses the opinion of the bullet above
  • (Previously unexpressed) latency in host connections can cause issues that favor certain participants over others

Like I said before, if you like dueling, have fun with it.  I don't.  Just don't look down on others and sneer at them because they don't like what you like.

Not every duel does that though.

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

All I have witnessed is one person instagibbing the other.

It really is just a race to see who can successfully land their gimmick first.

Not everything that looks simple really is, sometimes the most simple things can be quite damn fun and competitive.

10 minutes ago, firephoenixearl said:

No, we'r doing this TO set things straight. U can just start asking, we'r gonna cover anything, i mean with no questions what should we prove wrong.

Have you not read enough from everyone to form your own list? It's really not that hard.

Regardless, Dojo Duels aren't balanced, sorry. Not normally, anyways, as I've stated time and time again.

You can play with your group of friends in a heavily edited version of the base Dojo Duel, wherein you apply a ridiculous amount of rules to make things fair. That doesn't make the system fair, that makes your edited version of it fair. 

That's all there is to it.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Just now, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Have you not read enough from everyone to form your own list? It's really not that hard.

Regardless, Dojo Duels aren't balanced, sorry. Not normally, anyways, as I've stated time and time again.

You can play with your group of friends in a heavily edited version of the base Dojo Duel, wherein you apply a ridiculous amount of rules to make things fair. That doesn't make the system fair, that makes your edited version of it fair.

Well u CAN do it, no effort not anything, the same as u can do a lot pve more fun.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Not every duel does what?  The only thing I can think is that you're referring to my third bullet point.  If that's the case, then OK, but it's not been my experience with PvP in this game.

Sry i meant not every dueler does that, some can be rly helpful (2nd point)