The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait for Host button, why not? [matchmaking]

Sasoril3r

Some players, like me, play from continents far away from the servers on which we PREFER to play, instead of playing on the nearest server, and for that reason we put the maximum ping allowed around 350. But that does not mean that the players of that server Will do the same.

So what happens: When a host is not found, you are put on a 20s timer to start the game and have the option to use the "Wait for Players" button. But if I try to host a match for someone to enter it takes a long, long time, depending on the map.

As I do not want to host, what I do: press "Y" and click on the map I want to go again.

Now imagine I have to do this every time I want to go to some Void Fissure that it takes to find a host, and more importantly, WITH A SPOT FOR ME. Yes! Because as my ping is much higher, it most likely appears: "finding squad," then "please wait" and the time I'm going to join the team, I go back to "Wait for Players" and the game bug. For debugging I have to click on another map, cancel, and go back to the map I was trying to play. Do not forget the process of choosing the relic again ... yeah, having to do the whole process again and again is a suffering.

After all these four years playing Warframe. Of these 4099 hours played. The thing I ask you the most is:

Add a "Wait for Host" button.

I came up with this idea today, and I thought it would not be so difficult to have a queue to join matches without being the host.

Maybe you can make a menu appear after a host is not found, so that would not be a conflict between this and the current queue:

Wait for Players          Wait for Host          Cancel Mission

I've had other ideas before and I've seen lots of posts discussing how not to host, but it looks like it was not possible to solve the problem the way they wanted it. I hope this is the easiest to develop and that it comes into reality.

Thank you.

This has been ask before. Option to just host a public game and option not to.

People who want to host can just host without having the game trying to match you into other host first. And people like me who have less desirable internet can just choose to only join, cuz I personally can play with lag but if I'm hosting everybody will lag and bad mood all around.

i don't know how many times this was asked, it's not a problem for me now that i have a better connection, but until some months ago i preferred to find someone else hosting and if my connection was bad in that moment have lag only me than host and made everyone in my team lag

If your connection is not good enough to match to players, then it will never be good in terms of waiting time and lag responses whatever option you put in the menu. The issue is from you location the ping is high to get the players. 

I get it that waiting in mission is is an issue but I think it is better as the mission assets have been loaded for you already as per having to wait for players and then having the server load assets for the team's client and sync you all at the same time.

Edited by (PS4)wildcats1369my

I want to scan for the Simaris but when it is only available on the very dangerous area then I want to run it with the other gamers. But when the matchmaking is set by Online then I can't choose to be a host, meaning that I have to leave the game, wait for some minute for the game I was leaved is not able to be entered(I don't know when it does as well!) and run the queue again. It is, actually very annoying to do so. Why not to choose to be the host in the game while making the game online?