Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading Chat and co. in missions

PropiPanda

Hi,

since the Hotfix 21.0.3 we have lost region, trading and recruiting chat in the missions.

"Removed ability to chat in global channels (Region,Trading, etc) while in the loading screen. Squad/Clan/Alliance chat is still available. This is to mitigate unanticipated server strain." 

Thats not how it should be.

1 hour ago, Asphyxxia said:

It received negative feedback and thus was removed.

Negative feedback because we can finaly use the time in so many missiontypes without staying around and do nothing, i dont get the people.

It was one of the best improvements of U21 and people complain about it....

Edit: Look at other MMO´s, you can trade and use every chat there all the time and nobody gives a F***.

Edited by PropiPanda

I'm not intimately familiar with every single MMO ever, but I don't recall being able to look at city chat (the equivalent of region/trading) while in dungeons and raids in WoW and FF14.

Maybe it's kind of like driving a car. When playing the game, play the game.

23 minutes ago, PropiPanda said:

Negative feedback because we can finaly use the time in so many missiontypes without staying around and do noting, i dont get the people.

Well, doing nothing is not how a mission works. You need to actually play the mission, otherwise you are AFKing.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)neoxal said:

Well, doing nothing is not how a mission works. You need to actually play the mission, otherwise you are AFKing.

Yea, I don't get it either. I have seen this argument in the forums here and there. Some people WANT downtime moments in missions so they can chat, get social, take a bite to eat, etc.

That's not how you play video games. That's not how you play video games at all!!   Those downtimes is exactly what I hate about endless missions, they drag them out longer than they need to be. It makes you aware of the time passing by so slowly.

2 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Yea, I don't get it either. I have seen this argument in the forums here and there. Some people WANT downtime moments in missions so they can chat, get social, take a bite to eat, etc.

That's not how you play video games. That's not how you play video games at all!!   Those downtimes is exactly what I hate about endless missions, they drag them out longer than they need to be. It makes you aware of the time passing by so slowly.

That's why you have the orbiter, to take a break, chat, trade, etc. You have the liberty to choose whether entering a mission or not, and when would you like to enter. I can't imagine if you are in an endless mission trying to close a deal and telling the guy: "Deal closed, but wait me 45 mins till I finish this survival run"

Okay guys i dont think you understood what i meant at all.

There are missions like defense, interception, mob deff, survival etc. where we have the fact that we dont need to pay attention all the time. Its Warframe after all, its an easy f****** game^^ Almost every Frame can solo every mission, why should i NOT use region or trading chat while the mission is done without any attention.

I agree with the part of "play the game" but if the game plays itself in so many situations.... its not my fault.

Edit: I didnt mention Matchmaking: SOLO , there is no reason we dont have it there.

Edited by PropiPanda

23 hours ago, PropiPanda said:

Negative feedback because we can finaly use the time in so many missiontypes without staying around and do nothing, i dont get the people.

It was one of the best improvements of U21 and people complain about it....

Edit: Look at other MMO´s, you can trade and use every chat there all the time and nobody gives a F***.

I'd rather not have people afk in missions to chat and as a chat mod the amount of toxicity I I've seen coming from people in missions is ridiculous as well as naming & shaming, no thanks it's good this way.