Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

N/A

Kitsune-Orrion

Well, I don't know, mate. But for me, I prefer to fight Raptors all day long, well you see, dude got no invulnerability phase such as Regor, Kril, and Kela. You could just shoot their insides and run from their attacks easily, just make sure to always focus on them and always mobile. Are they tanky ? Nope, just weapon with elemental that attacks their health immediately. They're annoying because always up in the air ? We got lots of long-ranged powerful weaponry, so choose one and train your aim (I'm pretty bad at aim but for this boss, your aiming skill is needed except spinning Valkyr). Their attacks are unpredictable and the AoE is too wide; nope, it's easy to notice whenever they're going to start their attacks, so just jump and parkour away. Even newbies have to learn every single boss' movement and attacks from the game. The only problem that annoy me in Raptors fight is the mobs. Darn Nullifier and Techs.

I presume your rage is because of the sniper-only sortie that just happened. I'll point out that, unlike kela, the raptor's attacks aren't heat-seeking, making the raptor far from the cheesiest boss (untelegraphed, heat-seeking missiles which can one-shot most frames at the intended boss level by kela takes the cake there). I took ivara and used dashwire+artemis bow to whittle down the raptor's health. It was difficult, but was an overall interesting boss fight.

9 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

I took ivara and used dashwire+artemis bow to whittle down the raptor's health. It was difficult, but was an overall interesting boss fight.

This is what I did also.  I only died when trying to rez teammates.  3 forma Rubico for Artemis Bow on Raptor from Dashwire.  Win.

12 hours ago, JSharpie said:

Ironically Raptor is the only boss I like because it isn't just terrible.

I've beaten it many times, so the only thing I can tell you is learn the boss better.

Ironically, the actual situation with the boss says otherwise; Three quits out of three isn't "25% of people were bad", it's "100%,were pissed-off by the boss". 

Anyway, I digress; You're doing it with fully-leveled and decked-out frames, expecting it not to be easy. Here's an idea, try doing it as someone newer to the game, maybe, without forma, reactor, catalyst installed? My point is that, for where it is in boss progression, it's way too strong relative to the players it *should* be fighting (and other bosses in turn), and not that "It's too hard." It'd be just fine as a boss on Uranus.

Also doesn't help that it uses a gimmick done to death in games with boss design that can't afford to be interesting (kill him, pick his explosive/MacGuffin up and drop it somewhere, kill the next, do the same thing...) and tops it off by being a flunky boss with the highest minion spawn-rate in the game, quite possibly.

Edited by towerston1i

2 minutes ago, towerston1i said:

Ironically, the actual situation with the boss says otherwise; Three quits out of three isn't 25%, it's 100%, but I suppose elitism is to be expected from any ARPG forum unless it's NiER, and it's seeping it's way into even that forum as well.

What?

7 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

What?

That better?

After some looking-around, I found a good few threads elsewhere that actually have general consensus that it should be moved down the boss line from where it currently is. Badly-designed or not, the fact people overall will rage-quit because of a boss is a good indicator something is wrong.

Edited by towerston1i

58 minutes ago, towerston1i said:

Anyway, I digress; You're doing it with fully-leveled and decked-out frames, expecting it not to be easy. Here's an idea, try doing it as someone newer to the game, maybe, without forma, reactor, catalyst installed? My point is that, for where it is in boss progression, it's way too strong relative to the players it *should* be fighting (and other bosses in turn), and not that "It's too hard." It'd be just fine as a boss on Uranus.

I just completed a normal-levelled raptor fight with a 1-forma Kohm. The only mod I had on there that isn't fairly easily obtainable is primed point blank, and I finished the entire boss fight in under a minute. My warframe was an oberon prime, but the raptors never even dug into my health pool enough for renewal to have been necessary. The only possible complaint I can think of for this bossfight is that maybe the lotus should do a better job of pointing out how you're supposed to dispose of his bomb-type things, because it's not readily apparent, or barring that, lower the stakes of not getting the bomb to the reactor in time.

If you're using the sortie raptor fight as a base; Don't. Sorties are meant to be hard, and a number of other bosses are already even worse at sortie levels. Try the jackal and its heat-seeking missiles with near constant AoE stuns preventing you from getting close, or kela's entirely untelegraphed homing missiles coupled with incredibly high health pool.

tl;dr: the only problem I can see with the raptor fight is improper distribution of information, and even then only maybe.

1 hour ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

I just completed a normal-levelled raptor fight with a 1-forma Kohm. The only mod I had on there that isn't fairly easily obtainable is primed point blank, and I finished the entire boss fight in under a minute. My warframe was an oberon prime, but the raptors never even dug into my health pool enough for renewal to have been necessary. The only possible complaint I can think of for this bossfight is that maybe the lotus should do a better job of pointing out how you're supposed to dispose of his bomb-type things, because it's not readily apparent, or barring that, lower the stakes of not getting the bomb to the reactor in time.

If you're using the sortie raptor fight as a base; Don't. Sorties are meant to be hard, and a number of other bosses are already even worse at sortie levels. Try the jackal and its heat-seeking missiles with near constant AoE stuns preventing you from getting close, or kela's entirely untelegraphed homing missiles coupled with incredibly high health pool.

tl;dr: the only problem I can see with the raptor fight is improper distribution of information, and even then only maybe.

That's actually my biggest issue with the fight; It's such a jump up in difficulty from the other bosses *and* at the same time you're not really given any helpful information; "Maybe there's something on the battlefields" followed by shooting the overhanging hardware above the pads, assuming it's just tanky much like Lt. Shoot My Back-a-lot? No cigar. Similarly, the level requirement is a bit off; 22? No. 30, full party or not.

Thank you for understanding, even if not agreeing, with my major problem with it.

I feel ya, OP. It was by far the hardest boss to do on my alt account. Easy on my main with all the weapons, mods and frames I have but on my alt? Jeez... Extremely hard for new players.

Almost feels like this boss should be a little further ahead, somewhere close to Neptune would be more fitting. That or change its level? 

Yep, I had started a new account a long time ago.

And It's a freakin' hell to fight when try solo.

I was able to beat it with trinity and another guy by EV/Link the conveyor and keep blessing.

While constantly dying and running out of ammo.

It's almost impossible to beat it without another players to help, Considering if you have a low tier gear.